Episode 7x09 - 'Power Trip' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

(I'm sorry, but I really don't get all the posts about a half naked Delko - what did that have to do with the quality of the story? )

Yeah, it didn't enhance the story but Adam Rodriguez's chest isn't hard to enjoy. And Eric was in the shower wen the call came in....who showers with clothes on? I'm sure the guys out there would be just as enthusiastic if it had been Emily Procter in a bikini because she was swimming. Let's face it, she was only in a jogging suit and folks raved about her body.

Last edited:
(I'm sorry, but I really don't get all the posts about a half naked Delko - what did that have to do with the quality of the story? )

Yeah, it didn't enhance the story but Adam Rodriguez's chest isn't hard to enjoy. And Eric was in the shower wen the call came in....who showers with clothes on? I'm sure the guys out there would be just as enthusiastic if it had been Emily Procter in a bikini because she was swimming. Let's face it, she was only in a jogging suit and folks raved about her body.
Well I think you couldn't explain it better & I totally agree with you:p.
I mean it was crazy that people were crazy talking about Emily's outfit just in that scene:lol:, though I pretty enjoyed it while reading:lol:.
Now I really hope for everybody we'll get the chance to see something like this also with the other characters:lol:
I think that the interesting part of those scenes where just three things:
-Eric living in a mess (and not his shower)...I think he could have some trouble with it in the futre, I mean all thos pills in a motel room were :wtf:
-Ryan with a child....we don't know who they guy is yet.
-Calleigh running & keeping feet...& maybe something will happen to her in the future.
That's what I've enjoyed most in this part of the epiosde ;) .

hello everyone
i comby to drope a post here.

i normaly don't post here because im more a new york fan, so short introduce i'm princes tamir and well im a big csi new york fan. 25 years old.

i have to say about this episode it was one crazy **** show i was just speechles at the end. this was so well playd the whole interaction between Reggie and Horatio and than the end the flashback of Reggie's last confercation with Horaito and he hanging him self.
i have to say this one of the better episodes of season 7. i want more of this ;)

greets
princes tamir

Well I think you couldn't explain it better & I totally agree with you:p.
I mean it was crazy that people were crazy talking about Emily's outfit just in that scene:lol:, though I pretty enjoyed it while reading:lol:.
Now I really hope for everybody we'll get the chance to see something like this also with the other characters:lol:
I think that the interesting part of those scenes where just three things:
-Eric living in a mess (and not his shower)...I think he could have some trouble with it in the futre, I mean all thos pills in a motel room were :wtf:
-Ryan with a child....we don't know who they guy is yet.
-Calleigh running & keeping feet...& maybe something will happen to her in the future.
That's what I've enjoyed most in this part of the epiosde ;) .
I picked up on Eric's messy hotel room and all the pills too.The room was quite depressing and I wondered if Eric maybe suffered some from deression.That room was just not what I would expect from him and sometimes depressed people don't care about their surroundings or appearence.
Of course I am anxious to get the full story on Ryan and the kid.We have the spoilers but who really knows anything until the episodes actually air.

I must say that I haven't enjoyed an episode of Miami in a long time and I did! :thumbsup:

It was a good episode. I'm not an Eric fan, so him in the shower did nothing for me, though nice bod! ;) Ryan and the kid, I'm dying to find out what's his relationship with the kid.

Cal running. I'm not a guy, but I really enjoyed that scene.

I really like seeing glimpses of their personal lives, it makes the show more personal and the characters more belivable, more human. I really enjoyed seeing them all arrive at the crime scene and I think H's one-liner "Let's go to work" was awesome. I really enjoyed the opening sequence.

We haven't had that since 'From The Grave' I think.

I really enjoyed seeing Cal hold her own in the elevator too. You can tell I like it when girls kick-@ss! The story was, for once rivetting. I kept hoping it wasn't the cop Reggie and was really sad when he commited suicide at the end. The ending was very poignant, when Frank walked up to H to tell him that Reggie had hanged himself.

This is definately one of the better episode of this season thus far.

My only gripe, shouldn't it be Rick asking for Reggie badge and gun, not H? Should've been Rick. I half-expected to see him appear out of nowhere.

My only gripe, shouldn't it be Rick asking for Reggie badge and gun, not H? Should've been Rick. I half-expected to see him appear out of nowhere.

Totally agree with you on that one. It definitely should have been IAB taking Reggie's gun & badge.

I picked up on Eric's messy hotel room and all the pills too.The room was quite depressing and I wondered if Eric maybe suffered some from deression.That room was just not what I would expect from him and sometimes depressed people don't care about their surroundings or appearence.

I think if it was his house it would have been more telling to say it was due to depression, not that it isn't a possibility. But he was in a motel room & I could understand not keeping up on the tidiness when it's only temporary & you're basically living out of a suitcase.

The pills were very telling, & I also made note of how long it took him to find his cell phone. In most cases, the phone is always conveniantly right there for the character to just pick up & answer. Yet, Eric searched several areas before finding it.
Maybe it was just an observation on my part, but seldom do TPTB show characters foddling around for things. You name it, if they need something in a scene, it's always right there out of nowhere - but not for Eric?
Does make one wonder how "together" he is.

I think if it was his house it would have been more telling to say it was due to depression, not that it isn't a possibility. But he was in a motel room & I could understand not keeping up on the tidiness when it's only temporary & you're basically living out of a suitcase.

The pills were very telling, & I also made note of how long it took him to find his cell phone. In most cases, the phone is always conveniantly right there for the character to just pick up & answer. Yet, Eric searched several areas before finding it.
Maybe it was just an observation on my part, but seldom do TPTB show characters foddling around for things. You name it, if they need something in a scene, it's always right there out of nowhere - but not for Eric?
I did think about the fact that Eric was basically living out of a suitcase after I posted,but still you would pick up some.You would throw out the leftover Chinese food,or get rid of the containers.You do have to really wonder about his mental state.I would be interested in finding out exactly what meds he is taking.
I do agree that if it had been Eric's home it would have been more telling.

^^^ Well, we know Eric's taking some kind of medication that made the imaginary Speed go away. :(

Thanks for the picture of the "real-life" Billy C.H.E.A.R. .
That kid's a cutie :D
hm....bit of a resemblance?
It shall be interesting to see what will become of him on Miami.

I think it's pretty normal for Eric to be taking pills. Either because of the hallucinations or simply because of the fragment that's still in his head. The place was a mess but maybe that's just simply cause he hasn't got the time to clean up. If mess like that talked directly about mental state I think I need to go see a shrink from time to time :lol:. Sometimes is just about time. As for the searching for the phone maybe that was just a way of TPTB giving us a little extra time to see shirtless Eric ;). Gotta thank them for that :lol:.

I did think about the fact that Eric was basically living out of a suitcase after I posted,but still you would pick up some.You would throw out the leftover Chinese food,or get rid of the containers.You do have to really wonder about his mental state.I would be interested in finding out exactly what meds he is taking.
I do agree that if it had been Eric's home it would have been more telling.
Well the mess was too much even for a motel as you said;).
I mean you can't leave all this mess even there...he had the leftover of the Chinese takeaway....you can throw it in a bin in no time, there's no need of time for a simple action like this:lol:.
Plus I noticed that he left a Nikon camera & an Apple laptop all over the room. I mean the camera was above some books & the laptop was on the bed :eek:.
I wouldn't leave these kind of things in the room in the way he did it, if I were him;)
He also didn't put his gun in a safer postion...gosh you can't leave your weapon on table like this with thousands of pills & Chinese leftover.

:shifty:the pills....well I'm pretty sure they're because of his troubles because of the fragment in his lobe, but still I think they were too many:wtf:.
IDK but when I watched this scene I thought it was the proof I'm right...Eric Delko shouldn't work anymore (just for health problems).
I mean think about some victims, who he wasn't able to protect, or villains, who hate him,... I'm sure that if they discovered something like this, Delko would be in lots of troubles. Trust me that room was not normal & surely you wouldn't think that man is a CSI, if you hadn't seen him before.

As for the phone, yeah I thought "how is it possible he doesn't find his cell in no time???"
I think it had something to do with that mess. I mean obviously he didn't find it...it was impossible to find it!!! LOL
Ryan found it immediatly 'cause he had it in his jacket. Plus we all know he's OCD.
Calleigh had some difficulties just because her phone was somewhere in her sportsuits, but yeah it was right there for her.
So I guess it was TPTB's intention. Maybe they did it 'cause they wanted to enlighten that mess, but IDK the real reason for it:p

Last edited:
Florry86 said:
Well the mess was too much even for a motel as you said;).
I mean you can't leave all this mess even there...he had the leftover of the Chinese takeaway....you can throw it in a bin in no time, there's no need of time for a simple action like this:lol:.
Plus I noticed that he left a Nikon camera & an Apple laptop all over the room. I mean the camera was above some books & the laptop was on the bed :eek:.
I wouldn't leave these kind of things in the room in the way he did it, if I were him;)
He also didn't put his gun in a safer postion...gosh you can't leave your weapon on table like this with thousands of pills & Chinese leftover.

If that were my motel room, it would probably be in the same condition as Eric's, frankly. :lol: Maybe not the gun out in the open by all of the pills but I've left electronics on my bed. (Laptops, cameras, the works) I wouldn't really find it a big deal unless the maid's about to walk in or I left the door/windows open. And it's not very strange for single men on their own to leave food out until morning. I wouldn't expect the guy to be picture perfect with cleanliness, even if he is a CSI and over 30. :lol: Work is one thing but being on your own with your own rules is another.

I do agree though that he probably isn't the poster boy for perfect mental health and the writers probably wanted to show that by being as blatanly clichéd as possible but common sense (on this show? yeah right, lol) is telling me that a lot of it - not all of it - isn't that out of the ordinary for a lot of folks in their right minds either.

Last edited:
You should see my room, people! It's not that bad, but it's not in a hotel. If I were in a hotel, it would probably be like Eric's. About the pills... I guess it's because of that bullet. Of course, it is possible that he had pain killers prescribed to him, but he kept on taking them even when he stopped actually needing them... It happens. I guess we'll see.

You should see my room, people! It's not that bad, but it's not in a hotel. If I were in a hotel, it would probably be like Eric's. About the pills... I guess it's because of that bullet. Of course, it is possible that he had pain killers prescribed to him, but he kept on taking them even when he stopped actually needing them... It happens. I guess we'll see.
I think that those pills were a pretty clear sign of what we might see in some future episodes.
In her last interview Eva La Rue (along with Emily Procter) told that this episode was the origin for new storylines for all the characters involved.
I guess that Eric's storyline will have something to do with these pills ( I think it was pretty obvious).
We know that Ryan will have some trouble with Billy & me thinks that Calleigh will have breathing troubles after 7x14 and maybe couldn't run and keep in fit for a while.

Well since I've never lived in a Motel IDK :p, maybe you're right, but since I'm a very precise girl I hate this kind of mess :lol:

Last edited:
Back