Episode 7x09 - 'Power Trip' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It's a bit pathetic that this has turned into "Eric's messy room" episode :lol: but I love it, it's interesting to get a peek at life outside the lab.

I guess I just assumed that they would all be clean people. In 'collision' Calleigh made a comment that the gun had been wiped down & Eric replied that it wasn't "CSI clean". So, I guess for me I would have just thought that because these people are so into detail in thier jobs that they would be that way at home as well. Apparently not always.

2. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I think there is a difference between work and private sometimes with cleanliness.

My "work aria" is spotless for many reasons.
    I have to set an example to my students on how to take care of their pianos by keeping mine clean.
    I have to show a professionalism to my students' parents. (I don't want them thinking there are germs or dust mites every where and that their children will get sick taking lessons with me.)
    It's easier to do my own practicing when I'm not distracted by junk.

That said, my private aria is a mess.
    I have stacks of clean clothes that I rarely put away. Piles of books, papers, and magazines on the floor. Jewelry and cosmetics that I rarely use on the dresser.

I didn't find Eric's motel room odd at all. Nor did it seem strange that he couldn't find his phone.
    I'll bet his locker at the lab and his official car are spotless!

3. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I don't think they'll necessarily turn Eric's "pill situation" into a storyline. I saw it more as a glimpse into his life, which happens to include pills. It's sort of like when characters ask H "do you have children" so that we have a reminder that H does have children and that the writers haven't forgotten. Well, this is the writers reminding us that Eric got shot and is still having problems.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The focus won't be on the pills,but his situation overall.The storyline may include the pills,but if it does,it will just be a part of it.The major focus is bound to be why he is living in that motel room.

5. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Oh I totally agree with you there. The hotel room is bound to turn into a storyline. They wouldn't throw something like that at us and run. I thought it was meant that he would have a storyline focusing on the fact that he is taking so many pills.

6. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I always thought of Eric as the typical bachelor guy - house/apartment is a disaster area with no particular order to it except what fits him. The pills -he's on meds for the hallucinations from his GSW - the frag that's still in his head (Bang, Bang Your Debt). Now, I would kill to see H's place - I'd be willing to bet that the disaster that represents Eric's place would be the complete opposite in H's place -everything would be in strict order and in their proper places. I'd almost wonder if he'd have things labeled as to what goes where. Why didn't we get to see Horatio or Natalia outside of work? That's a bummer... is Horatio meant to be kept so mysterious that fans don't get to see anything of his outside work activities? Come on, guys... how about a shot with him, Kyle, and Ray Junior out fishing - maybe in crappy clothes and baiting a hook or reeling in a 'big one' for dinner? Touselled hair and ratty clothes on H - yeah!!! :thumbsup:

I'm dying to see who this young boy is that was with Ryan. Both my mom and I had our mouths drop to the floor going 'what the hey????' :eek: Do we know when we will be finding out more about this little guy?

Are they going to be breaking after Episode 13 (?) And Their Offed? I haven't heard anything said beyond that one... hope SAG strike doesn't mess too much with this season - they are on a roll and I'd hate to see them loose momentum at a critical juncture...

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

If you really care to know...

I believe it is 7x14 that we have a storyline involving Ryan and Billy. If you want to know what their relationship is, head over to the spoiler thread. ;)

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

You guys are certainly mixing up the episode here...

713: And They're Offed is epi explaining Billy
    714:Smoke Gets In Your CSI's is where Cal and Ryan are in the attic with the shooting and the fire and Cal gets rushed to the hospital

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks for clearing that up.I think people are just starting to get excited about the episodes coming up,I know I am.

The baby in your avatar is beautiful!

10. pezones

pezones Civilian

by far the best episode of the season