Episode 7x08 - "Gone Baby Gone" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Good s/l flow and surprising twist of the restaurant guy being behind it and the baby's father not being the husband-gee, wonder if he'll be heading for divorce court or just counseling? Nice Horatio's face when the bio-dad kept saying "it's my kid and I didn't have any rights to her" like I"m sure he's thought the same thing over Julia and Kyle. Nice to not start out with a dead body but liked Horatio calling out to the dead co kidnapper not realizing the guy had been shot already-and not by H either haha. Nice family drama of the teen boy trying to save his little sister; Eric seemed really annoyed when he found out the kid had already made the drop off and $400k short so the bad guys might kill the baby. Baby concern all the way around from the team. Good actress playing the hysterical momma-nice she had pictures in her diaper bag to 'prove' it was really her kid. Horrible to see the baby ripped from her arms. Horatio seemed really calm and concerned in talking to her but shouldn't have outright promised to get the kid back when anything could have happened then he'd been a liar then and broke her heart more. Wow her ONS fling really tore that family up-what consequences huh? Baby isn't husbands then photographer/neighbor finds out it's his and having to spend one year + time plotting/planning to take his kid away. Strong stuff...

The interaction was nice - holy sheep shit - Calleigh & Horatio actually spoke to each other TWICE (on the phone) ...yes it's truly a miracle on Miami.

Holy crap! You're right! I totally forgot about that! And they actually had a scene together! They were in the living room of the baby's parents and the mother got up and left the room. Horatio told Calleigh "stay with her". And then Calleigh left the room to go find the mother. I can't believe I forgot that they actually had a scene together. First time this season that has happened. :lol:

At the end when Horatio turned around to the mother to show her that her baby was alright, I was half expecting the baby to either be wearing Horatio's sunglasses or nibbling on them. :lol: At least I thought it should have been that way.

Aww, that would have been so cute! :D

And when Horatio was chasing the car at the end I was like "Horatio the baby! You went through all this trouble to find her and you're gonna get her killed in a car wreck!" I was worried about that kid.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol: And for that matter, Rodrigo could have handed the baby to the nice couple before engaging in the high speed chase with Horatio. :lol: I mean, the cops were coming and the couple wouldn't have gotten out of there with the baby anyway...

Oh and I just wanted to say that the baby was absolutely adorable.

Last edited:
I liked the twists and turns of the epi. However, am I the only one here who was disturbed by Horatio's willingness to do a high speed chase, not knowing if the baby was strapped in or just placed in her baby seat? I mean, it was an enclosed area; cops could have quickly sealed the exits. If the baby had been killed when the car flipped, you can bet the media (and the ambulance chaser lawyers!) would have been all over the police and Horatio. It seemed more a way to show off Super H's prowess than a necessary action. And there I was, after seeing how nice H was to Julia, thinking Super H was becoming our old H again!

Edit: Ah, AliJG and GNRF, glad to see someone else wondered about this.

This was a real good episode! It had me guessing til the end. I definately wasn't expecting the mairtre D to be involved in all of this, that is what took me by surprise. Aww, the baby is so cute and I am glad they found her alive.

I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as I thought I would but...my standards are obviously still too high. :p

Horatio emerging from the puff of smoke with the child = classic Miami and not very surprised by it. Even though it was a bit of a :rolleyes: moment. I still liked it though. Horatio is my guilty pleasure.

Oh Teh Dramaz! with the truck. Having been in a rollover accident, I was a bit worried at first about the state of the baby but in that predictable Miami way, she was okay. It probably would have been a pretty futile episode if they spent 56 minutes searching for the child and then she dies at the end. :lol:

I was half hoping the Hummer would race a plane again. :/ Those were some good times.

Yay Horatio and Calleigh in the same scene together! I was hoping they'd get at least one scene together this season so it seemed appropriate that it was the 150th. Would be nice to see some more of that later on for the sake of team cohesion.

And the music in the ballistics lab when Calleigh was processing the bullet fragments, that was the score they used in season 1, 2, 6 etc. correct? That irish-type lullaby music. It was a good fit for the episode instead of (like was mentioned above) using their usual rock/hip hop/techno tracks.

*cough*Ducati*cough*

:D

There was some continuity with Tara and Eric, (continuity is always a plus - woohoo!) although I'm not sure who to put fault to, lol. Eric for not asking to use the instruments or Tara for making such a huge deal out of it. There's that highschool spirit! I understand why Tara was frustrated but I hope they don't always interact like this because it could get very old very fast.

Loved the emotion by the mother at the beginning. What a frightful crime, I can't imagine what I would do in that situation. :eek:

Anyhow, overall, a good solid episode but it wasn't my favourite. I'll probably have to watch it again by myself so I don't have to listen to my family making fun of every scene the entire time. They suck. :p

Last edited:
I guess the episode was ok ;)

Loved the actress who played the mother of the child. Very impressive & realistic.
I think that the last 3 episodes had the best 3 guest-stars ever :eek:.
Loved also the family especially the guy with his *cough*Ducati*cough* (or Duchati if your name is Calleigh Duquesne & you're not Italian :lol:)

Loved how Calleigh was the most serious CSI on this case. I thought they were going to be all frantic & terrified, but except for Calleigh & just a little bit of Eric, who still had time to argue with Tara twice, I didn't see that much of concern for the child.
Loved the facial expression of the mother with the money in her hands when Calleigh told her "if you pay the ransom, they're gonna kill your child". IDK why, but it cracked me up:lol:.
Except for this little bit, I'd say that Calleigh definetely was the only serious person on this case ;) .
Plus, considering what happened to her in "Wrecking Crew" I think it was such a good thing they wanted Calleigh to stay with the family while waiting for news. It was pretty obvious Calleigh was worried especially when the kid went off with the money.

Oh Wow Horatio & Calleigh talked to eachother, well on the phone. Anyway it's just a way for communication, so it's a good thing :lol:

Oh the ending was just :rolleyes:. I was happy just fot the child & her mother, but oh gosh it's totally CSI:Miami style.

Tara & Eric :guffaw:, love how they argue on everything like highshool kids :guffaw:

Ryan, is he the "trash guy"??? :confused:

I wasn't really impressed by the episode but it was ok.

Things I liked:

-Frantic mom :) She was great.
-The kid leaving with the money. That really created tension so it was played out well.
-Fragmented bullet, Calleigh has worked magic with less. Yeah she has :thumbsup:
-Horatio and Calleigh talking and being in the same room :eek:.
-The whole looking for someone who is alive and not for a killer. Nice change.

Things I didn't enjoy:
-Some of the lines were just so..meh. I'm used to them explaining a lot of things (cause it's acually the way we can understand what they are doing) but for some reason I felt in school with this episode. The way they explained some things were just too obvious.
-H drama... :rolleyes: more H drama... super H...:rolleyes:
-Oh my God the flipping car :eek:!!!! I just IDK how they thought that up.

Teri Polo in CSI Miami. I was very happily surprised. She did an excellent job as the concerned mother. I thought this was yet another average episode. Horatio saving the day again, iegh sometimes It's just too much. But he did look so handsome and cute holding that baby. I think that kid might be related to H, no scratches at all after being in a crash like that! *insert sarcasm here* UBERCOOL!

Tara needs to remove the chip from her shoulder. She is beginning to get on my nerves! Why couldn't TPTB have given Khandi this much screen time I ask you?:rolleyes:

I agree. Megalyn is doing a good job but I miss Khandi and I've noticed she gets more airtime than Khandi got.

I have to admit, it was kind of creepy how the baby was kidnapped. My nephew is almost three months and I couldn't imagine what would happen if someone came up to my sister and started yelling that the baby was hers and not my sisters. What is to prevent that from happening? I know that she could show pictures but still...it's just creepy.

Same for me, I have a niece that's almost 3 months. She'd scream like hell if someone did that. I'd cry too, cause I love my niece although I haven't met her.

After the entire episode finished I realized that Calleigh was in a scene with Horatio. LOL!:lol: I took me until the screen went black! But it's nice that they're communicating. Also Cal did look like she was getting emotional over the mother going into the safe, it was good!

Eric with Tara, they just crack me up. But I'm glad she understood his need for her tools. I like that sweet smile and 'thank you' he gave her in the end of that scene, it was cute.

When I Ryan in that shirt from far away, I was like 'pink again! Three times in a row!' but when he came closer to Horatio I saw that it was peach and I was, 'oh, a difference'. LOL!:lol:

I luv the difference in the episode:
-inside the house thing for about half an hour
-Calleigh staying with the family
- a little bit of testing went on in the house and barely any labs
-a sweet innocent baby, she's sooo cute!
-the whole scam about the biological father wasn't sooo evil.

Hmm, let me look for some caps to show...

DARN! I didn't find any.

Okay the episode was okay...
I thought Ryan was trying to choke himself with that tie. And it's a bit annoying that H never processes stuff anymore. And he gets the rescue scene. What was that about? I know he's the main, but I would have really loved to see Eric rescue the baby because he actually worked on the case. Plus, we know H is the protector, but I know that Eric has that side of him. I wonder if we'll ever see that in him. Okay, back to H. Where was the emotion in the interrogation room? Realistically, he would have at least changed tones. And I wish Frank had picked up the slack there.
Photoshop effects! Oh my gosh! I spend an hour almost everyday in a Photoshop class, I've seen them all, and I don't think it adds ANYTHING to the show to keep testing them out. Also it's UBER bright. I know that it's tv, but I have never seen grass that LIME.
WHAT WAS GOOD: I almost felt tears welling up with Calleigh's scene. It was nice to see her emotional like that, like she was about to cry herself. And I liked the banter between Eric and Tara. It was good. I think that it's a great interaction and it's nice that she doesn't trust him that much. Okay that was my rant. Like I said it was an okay episode... nothing fantastic.

When I Ryan in that shirt from far away, I was like 'pink again! Three times in a row!' but when he came closer to Horatio I saw that it was peach and I was, 'oh, a difference'. LOL!:lol:

I thought the same thing at first. haha.

I thought it was a really well done episode, with a few nit-picky things here and there.

I loved the woman's perfomance in the opening scenes. It's true we never really see a lot of emotion from the families of the deceased, so this was a nice surprise. It felt...realistic.

Ryan's tie color = ewww

The team working together was great. But I did wonder one thing: Would the team really be doing their forensics in the family's home? That seemed odd to me. :wtf:

I actually thought the guy who held the woman back might be in on it, simply because I was looking for someone who hadn't yet been a suspect but was still someohow invovled. I didn't think it would come full circle to the neighbour though. Nice. :thumbsup:

The scene that struck me the most was actually when Ryan and Horatio interview the neighbour and he confesses that he plotted the whole thing. The actor portrayed his feelings really well and I actually felt a touch of sympathy for him, as did, I believe, Horatio. When he says "I was told I didn't have a legal right to my own child," Ryan looks at H kind of disgusted, but H is looking at the ground as if he understands. Thinking of his own situation, perhaps? It was a nice scene for me.

Finally, the car chase at the end. Normally, I wish the show would stay away from the intense action, because they usually make it so cheesy and cliche. But this time I really enjoyed it. Just the way they shot it and pieced it together--it was really exciting!

I was genuinely worried for the baby at the end, even though I already saw the spoiler photos and knew that she survived. When the car flipped I was like "Holy crap! The baby's in there!" :lol:

The H going in to the smoke thing would normally be kind of cheesy, but it felt kind of okay this time. The build up made it more appropriate.

Oh and one more thing. Tara is really starting to annoy me. She seems like she's always jumping down people's throats.

Overall, great episode!

Somehow it was an ok episode for me. I was hoping for more but I sorta guessed the restaurant guy who held the mother back was the kidnapper the first time I saw him in the opening scene. I'm not sure why.

H with the baby and him smiling was a nice touch though. IMO that was the only good part of the episode. I liked the scene between Tara and Eric too.

But it was a nice change, the team working on a kidnapping instead of a murder.

It was a good episode...different. The shirt and tie Ryan had on were gross! Loved the scene with Calleigh, she looked like she was gonna cry and i nearly cried myself :lol:. Tara's doing my head in, she didnt have to talk to Eric like that :shifty:. I really liked the scene with H and the baby, he had a big smile on his face and the babys so cute!:)

All in all, not a bad eppie ;)

Back