Episode 7x08 - "Gone Baby Gone" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 15, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They said GBG is different because they are working to save a life (the kidnapped child) rather than investigating a death.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Ok nevermind. I thought about it last night and it is Power Trip where they do it. Oh well, only one week more.

But hey, tonight's should be good!

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm so excited. Someone on another forum had this to say about tonights episode:

:D :D :D

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have to say this ep was really good. Sometimes when show deviate from their usual format it can be a train wreck but this one was the complete opposite.

It was emotional, it had its action at times and Terri Polo was great. :)

5. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I have to say I can understand why the father did what he did. I believe she loves her daughter but in the same breath, denying her bio father the right to see her because it will expose your affair is wrong. Still good episode overall.

6. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

good episode, my friend and I texted each other "omg" at the same time which was funny

the end made me smile :)

color theme was yellow, but not overplayed - loved Emily's wardrobe

next week looks good!

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I really liked tonight's episode. So nice seeing everyone work well together. I would still like to see Dr. Price go somewhere, but that's just me.:lol:

Next week looks good, hopefully Delko will rescue Calleigh again.

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Tara needs to remove the chip from her shoulder. She is beginning to get on my nerves! Why couldn't TPTB have given Khandi this much screen time I ask you?:rolleyes:

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I love how Tara and Eric banter now. I think she's still a little upset with him over the prank. I really like her though!

Anyways, I LOVED this episode. The best so far, Wrecking Crew coming in second. The mother at the beginning was some awesome acting. I loved how she completely freaked out, it actually made sense, that would happen in real life if a mothers baby was taken. I think someone either in here or in the other spoiler thread said that you never really see the family of the victim freak out too badly about a loved one being murdered. So I was glad this one did, and it wasn't even for a murder.

Anyways, I think another thing I liked about this episode was of course the fact that it was different in the sense that they were looking for a baby instead of looking for a killer. But also that, at least it seemed to me, there was more of the family than of the team. And if it did involve the team they were usually with some member of the family or another. The interrogation scenes and the other things didn't bother me because of course those are necessary.

And the end, I have to say, I had a very hard time controlling my "SQUEE" when Horatio saved the baby. To me, it didn't even seem very Super H. He looked like he actually cared. Usually H is like "Yep I'm Horato and I save people. *shrug*" But tonight he actually looked like he cared about what happened. Poor Rodriguo though, another victim of the "Horatio Caine Shoot to Kill" rule. Not that he didn't deserve it. :lol:

AND, I didn't mind the whole car chase through the airport thing. I thought it was pretty awesome actually. All of us watching were like :eek: when the car with the baby in it flipped.

So I think overall I give it an A.

... I always say I'm not gonna write a big rant if anything at all when I get back online.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Horatio pretty much had to shoot Rodrigo cause Rodrigo also had a gun and had it pointed at Horatio.

Here's what I wrote down while watching:

Good God, that woman has got some lungs!

Calleigh looked like she was near tears when she was telling the mother that if she gave the kidnappers the money they had no reason to keep the baby alive.

Okay, the boy says he put the baseball in the toy box, goes to get it and Eric stops him and says not to touch it. Um... if the boy is the one who put the ball in the toybox to begin with, won't his prints already be on it?

Ryan's in a peach colored shirt and an orange tie today. Love the shirt. Not too crazy about the nearly neon orange tie though. :lol: It's okay, but...

I've never seen a green light beam on a gun before. They are usually red.

Poor boy wants to get his sister back, but he's going about it all wrong.

The guy from the restaurant took the baby? Didn't see that one coming.

He's gonna sell the baby? What a creep! Oh, wait, he's selling her to a couple who want a baby. I thought he was gonna sell her for drugs or something like that. He's still a creep!

It's a miracle that the baby survived the car flipping over that many times.

Ryan had 6 scenes in this episode. Nat had four and Frank actually had 3 as opposed to his standard 2 per ep. :lol: Getting good, Miami. Keep it up! :D

11. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

This episode got my heart really pumpin. When that vehicle flipped with the baby, I thought to myself "nothing good is going to come from this".

Ok I think it was last episode or the episode before that when Calleigh couldn't hold onto that one guy and the guy died. Later the wife smacked her in the face. Okay now, on this episode she was pretty much re-assuring the family that the baby would be safe. After that vehicle flipped I thought the baby was dead, that in turn would have hit Calleigh really hard and on top of that I think the mother would have partially blamed her I THINK.

Anyway, I am very relieved that the baby was alive and well, and that Calleigh didn't have to go through another thing like she did in that one episode when the guy slipped from her hand.

hopefully there are more episodes as good as this to come.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I guess I'll be the only one to nit-pick this :lol: Where was the team being emotional!??!?!! I thought we'd see a tiny difference in our team members searching for this missing baby & I was a bit disappointed that it didn't show well.

The interaction was nice - holy sheep shit - Calleigh & Horatio actually spoke to each other TWICE (on the phone) ...yes it's truly a miracle on Miami. Other than that, there seemed to be some lacking in other departments though ;)

Terri Polo was a breath of fresh air. Now that is a grieving mother - I really felt for her in that intro. Very nice performance. :)

I did really enjoy the feel of when Natalia was processing Sophie's binkie, & Calleigh with the bullet, how they played the soft music in the background. Usually we hear some techno funky beats during those processing moments, so the music was nice because it helped set the tone in how emotional the case was. However, it still would have been nice to actually see it in the characters.

Horatio. I did get a nice grin on my face when he walked away with the baby & everyone wondered if she was alive, however, it made me do the "snicker/rolleyes" combination when he was entering the truck & all the smoke was surrounding him along with his voice echoing that he's coming to save her. It was a nice scene but it reminded me of something off 'Highway to Heaven'.

Overall, the epi was good, & exciting. I was estatic that we saw the entire team within the first 15 minutes of the epi (I actually did look at my clock). The characters were spread out nicely, lots of screentime for all of them.
    The plot in it's own was great, & a nice change from the typical enemie driven episodes. Good work PTB. :p

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Overall I thought that it was a really good episode.

I like how they strayed from the normal "find dead body, then find killer" type of deal. It's nice to see that some people actually live through something bad every once in a while.

At the end when Horatio turned around to the mother to show her that her baby was alright, I was half expecting the baby to either be wearing Horatio's sunglasses or nibbling on them. :lol: At least I thought it should have been that way.

Also it was nice to actually see some of the characters for more than a few seconds, that's different than normal. ;) And when Horatio was chasing the car at the end I was like "Horatio the baby! You went through all this trouble to find her and you're gonna get her killed in a car wreck!" I was worried about that kid. ;)

14. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

I have to admit, it was kind of creepy how the baby was kidnapped. My nephew is almost three months and I couldn't imagine what would happen if someone came up to my sister and started yelling that the baby was hers and not my sisters. What is to prevent that from happening? I know that she could show pictures but still...it's just creepy.

Other than that the episode was pretty good. I was surprised that Calleigh and Horatio were actually in the same room together although they were barley near each other. Have they really had any scenes together this season?

When Calleigh was talking to the family when the mother went to the safe I thought she was going to cry. There was another time I thought she might cry too but she didn't. I wonder if that has anything to do with what happened in Wrecking Crew.

At the end when the car flipped as many times as it did, i didn't think the baby would survive at least not without major bruises from the shoulder straps of the car seat.

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Wow. I totally cried in the beginning. That actress was one of the best they've ever had on Miami.

I cried at the end too lol....

I was on the edge of my seat during the car chase. They really made it look like the baby had died and H was just standing there holding a dead baby. I think I was convinced it was dead because I watched an episode of House earlier where a baby died. Sad stuff.

I guess no one is a hero except Horatio Caine. Oh well, I like him anyway.

Ok, now I really don't like Tara. Every time she shows up giving her little attitude I miss Alexx even more! I thought she was Alexx at first but then I remembered. And cried a little. :( Ok, not really, but I wanted to.