Episode 7x05 - 'Bombshell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Over all not a bad epi...although when H was going over Julia's car in the garage..I'm yelling...NO WAY!! Talk about conflict of interest... good thing the guy admitted to the accident...

Conflict of what?!? H and this words shouldn't really be in the same sentence :guffaw:

How many times has H conducted an investigation where somebody of his family was involved? The episode Hell Night comes to mind right now, but there's been more, I can't remember the names at this moment.

But it doesn't really matter, H's interrogation techniques can make an innocent man turn into a guilty one, so Kyle and Julia can kill whoever they want, H will always save the day! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW, first message here. English is not my language sooooo, please, be kind :cool:

I can't wait for Saris to show up again! That's a true battle of the raging testosterone levels and true chemistry between actors!!! KUDOS to Kim and David!!!

And your English is excellent!! Nice to meet you!!

I agree, I wasn't keen on H being involved in the investigation - definite conflict of interest - something the writers continue to ignore... H may always save the day but there has to come a point when someone like Rick Stetler will use such situations against H. Remember when the bookie was brought in and Ryan recused himself due to his involvements? What's up with H? Just because he is who he is doesn't and shouldn't exclude him from following proper procedures. I love Horatio, but he needs to leave some of the investigations in the capable hands of his well trained CSIs. If Horatio has done anything absolutely right, it was training his CSIs to do excellent and thorough jobs... he should have faith in their abilities.

Last edited:
Well, that epi explains a lot. Julia=bipolar. Like with she-who-shall-not-be-named, H needs his needy person, I guess to verify his goodness/value? Look out, J; remember what's happened to every other woman with whom he's had a romantic relationship! My vote? Keep Kyle, get rid of Julia. The poor kid has had enough confusion in his life, already. Not that H is the perfect parent, with his own insecurities, but he's got to be better than Julia, especially with the spector of Ron Saris still out there (no body, remember?).

My faith in Horatio as a father was confirmed in this episode. He was so parental with Kyle. Not to mention that Kyle seemed to respond really well to Horatio. You're right. Get rid of Julia, keep Kyle.

I can't wait for Saris to show up again! That's a true battle of the raging testosterone levels and true chemistry between actors!!! KUDOS to Kim and David!!!

And your English is excellent!! Nice to meet you!!

I agree, I wasn't keen on H being involved in the investigation - definite conflict of interest - something the writers continue to ignore... H may always save the day but there has to come a point when someone like Rick Stetler will use such situations against H. Remember when the bookie was brought in and Ryan recused himself due to his involvements? What's up with H? Just because he is who he is doesn't and shouldn't exclude him from following proper procedures. I love Horatio, but he needs to leave some of the investigations in the capable hands of his well trained CSIs. If Horatio has done anything absolutely right, it was training his CSIs to do excellent and thorough jobs... he should have faith in their abilities.

When I first saw him going over the car my mind was screaming the same thing as yours---conflict of interest! But as soon as I saw Horatio kneeling nearly in tears, I forgot all about it. :lol: I thought it was sweet how Eric was there for him. The case was solved too quickly though, if you ask me.

...and to be honest im startin to feel sorry for Julia..i think deep down shes not all that bad and i wouldnt mind if H and her got together, Kyle could use a solid family, im interested to see how it will work out :)

If it is Bipolar Disorder, taking the meds dulls the intellect a little. People I've known with the disorder are usually very intelligent and have to make the choice of losing their edge or not going from one extreme to the other. So taking the meds is always a struggle. And that makes suicide more of a danger to them than to the general public. If it is Bipolar Disorder, then the meds will always be a problem for Julia. And Kyle will not have a "solid family" with Mom's illness. Again, I say poor Kyle.

I thought it was a good episode. Better than the promos made it look, actually. The Horatio!Angst was well done. It actually made me feel bad for Horatio, and if you know me then you know how scarily rare that it. :lol:

The pink shirt extravaganza... it made me confused, until my mom said it was breast cancer awareness month. Subliminal messaging perhaps?

I really, really enjoyed this episode. I liked discovering this new side of Julia -- and it makes sense to me that we wouldn't know until now. For all of the character drama, CSI:Miami is still a forensic procedural, and we learn biographical info about the characters as it is relevant to the cases they work or their interactions with each other. For the bipolar disorder to come up before, they'd have to have slipped it in somewhere that it wasn't too terribly relevant. Could have been done, but eh. I don't feel like it came out of nowhere.

Finally, they gave Delko a decent shirt. I don't care what color it was, it was neither floral nor girly, so props to the wardrobe department on that one.

I like that we saw a bit of everyone in this ep. Nice to see screen time for all the CSIs, even though I get spoiled cuz two of my faves (Eric and Calleigh) get screen time like nobody's business on a regular basis.

Whoever said that they thought it wasn't believable that the bomber's face looked that good after how badly burned it had been -- I was right there with ya on that one. I knew a girl in high school who'd had serious burn damage and you could tell the difference between the skin grafted over the burn damage and the normal healthy skin. It wasn't extreme, but it was noticeable.

And was I the only one who, when they started talking about Julia and the drugs, turned to their roommate and said "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared!" Oh, Elizabeth Berkeley, you'll never live it down. :guffaw:

Actually, Calleigh's shirt was Fushia, Ryan & Valera's were Carnation Pink, Tara's top was more of a dusty rose, Eric & Natalia's shirts, along with Frank's tie was Lavender. I just had to say that :D

Anyway, I would like to see Julia 6 feet under after this episode. Sorry to be cruel, but I really don't see a point in her character surviving for the rest of the series run. Yes, she is Kyle's mother, but this show is more or less about the CSI's, which Horatio is (when he feels like it anyway) , so if they're going to focus on H's life then it should focus more on him as a father for Kyle. I can do without the romantic notion between him & Julia.
Plus her death would just add to Horatio's need for revenge which seems to be a route TPTB love to take.

I honestly thought they would kill off Julia in this episode. The whole bipolar thing was a good twist, I was on the edge of my seat.

iaMJekyl you really do know your pinks. lol!:lol:

I totally loved the colour scheme, it was so friendly. I'm a purple lover, so I must love it.

I really like this epi-the main murder and then the 2nd one. The look on Horatio's face when he pulls up to Winston Manor to see his son fighting the neighbor guy. And all of Julia's money going away-wow I didn't see that one coming. I figured several billion dollars should last someone a few lifetimes at least! Like H getting involved with the financial guy. And poor Kyle telling dad to put him in the driver's seat to protect his mom if she's guilty. Loved that Horatio already knew about the bipolor stuff-maybe he had her investigated by Yelina and found out Julia's been to the mental hospital already? Poor Kyle stuck in the middle for real-and he chose to live with Julia's money but it came at a high price-living with an unstable mom. He better enjoy that Porsche since it'll be auctioned off soon to pay for Julia's bills.

Poor Kyle stuck in the middle for real-and he chose to live with Julia's money but it came at a high price-living with an unstable mom. He better enjoy that Porsche since it'll be auctioned off soon to pay for Julia's bills.
:lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Actually, Calleigh's shirt was Fushia, Ryan & Valera's were Carnation Pink, Tara's top was more of a dusty rose, Eric & Natalia's shirts, along with Frank's tie was Lavender. I just had to say that :D
Why do you always have to scare me like that???:eek::p
Ok if I need to buy some pink clothes I'll pick you up:lol:

I really did like this eppie it was the best this season, there was time for everyone and i loved the H and Julia moment, even for everything shes done and the mistakes shes made she doesnt deserve to be called a bad person everyone makes mistakes and screws up, i really wouldnt mind if she stayed or got with H and then again i wouldnt mind if she left, shes not my favorite character. I wouldnt wanna see Kyle leave, i like him he may be troubled but thats because hes messed up a bit...which is probably Julias fault but then again obviously she was messed up to b/c by the sounds of it shes had that bipolar what ever for quite some time b/c H knew about it, so givin Kyle up may have been the best thing to do if she was unstable at the time. Soz i went way off topic, i got carried away :lol: Loved the colours!!! my favorites!!!:thumbsup::)

It really was the best episode so far. I thought the H and Julia parts would make me irritated but it was sweet. Psychotic, but sweet. I just hope he doesn't start dating her or something. I do hope he gets Kyle though. If Vegas can bore us with the Lindsey storyline, Miami can do Horatio some teenage kid justice.

I just re-ran my tape of the show and I really like the suspense as Horatio finds out a hit & run at Julia's house-adult blond male. The camera angles from his point of view as he steps fr the hummer and walks over to the body and relieved to see it isn't Kyle. That's gotta be scary to think that Julia could be that unstable as to accidentally kill her kid and the thought must have occurred to Horatio. Loved that Eric helped him find the evidence in the porshe to exonerate Kyle and Julia-poor Horatio is too emotionally involved to think straight and he was scared of his kid in jail again...poor H needs some peace and quiet on the home front-this mama drama is gonna give him a coronary.

Back