Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The blood looked like it was coming out from under his chest & abdomen to me. But, if it was coming from under his crotch, then the shooter was probably Julia. :lol:

:lol: At Ron being a wuss. Most criminals on this show are kind of cowardly anyway, aren't they? They put on this brave, tough-guy act, but deep down they are just a bunch of cowardly punks. haha!

About H's laughter at elder Ortega: While I love H (most of the time), I sometimes feel he has a tendency to be a bit of an ego maniac. :lol: He's good (and always gets the bad guys) and he knows it and is not the least bit modest about it... you know? That's the sort of thing I mean.

mjszud,

You make a great point about only Ryan knowing and the end face not being as effective if it had been Calleigh or Eric. They've been there from the beginning, Ryan hasn't. If it had been either C or E, the whole audience would know there was no way either could go to the dark side (so to speak). Especially considering that Eric was once H's brother-in-law. Also, the more people that know about H's plan, the better chance that his cover could get blown (accidentally, of course) prematurely.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Sounds logical. I agree.

Well let's not forget the finale is just part of the big picture which we won't get to see till season 7, so maybe we'll see the team helping H afterall. Like I said the finale felt more like a build-up to the season premiere.

Hey I was thinking that too. :) I think Ryan was chosen cos tptb knew it would achieve the effect tptb wanted the shock value cos H getting shot wasn't going to be a surprise anymore. And also if you want stage something you don't go about telling the whole world, trust them or not.

Exaxtly. H tends to taunt the suspects sometimes. But I think the laughter was meant to maybe make us think Ortega was in on the shooting.

Ok my bad, from the screencaps, yes there was blood, and I'm excited. Good to see H actally getting shot. If there was blood then I think it was staged but it went wrong somewhere. H probably wanted to stage it, but someone else who wants him dead, beat him to the game so that he got shot for real before the "fake shooter" (could even be Ryan?).

So many questions, so little answers... so many theories.... I can't wait till season 7 comes..... :cool:

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

In all fairness, David Caruso is the star of the show and has been from the get-go, so it stands to reason that his character will get the major storylines. Even though it's an ensemble cast, as with the mothership, there are clearly defined stars, and they've consistently observed that hierarchy.

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Admittedly, H-drama has been the one ounce of continuity Miami seems to posses. But it's getting old now, don't you think? The continual attempts on his life and his growing distance from the team. It seems to be one bit continual fight for him, whereas with everyone else, there's the balance of light and dark.

5. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Agreed. I would like to learn about some of the OTHER characters other than just H. Sure, Horatio is great, but after awhile, it gets a bit repetitive. I mean, does Ryan even HAVE a family? Or did a pack of wolves raise him? Or Frank. We don't know much about him either.

I keep watching this show hoping that there will be a storyline that doesn't involve H in any way. It would add to the bit of realism Miami needs if we discovered some other unknowns about the other characters. As opposed to everything somehow being in relation with Horatio.

--Ally

6. GregNickRyanFan

I think they mentioned one time that Frank was divorced, but I'm not sure. Does anyone remember this? Seems like he said something about his wife getting his car in the settlement or something. I think he was at his cubicle at the time. I'm fairly certain it was Calleigh and/or Delko that he said this to.

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree. It reminds me a lot of what they did with "Miami Vice" and putting Don Johnson at the center of every episode, and that got real old (especially since they had a great ensemble cast of wonderful actors who were pretty much reduced to bit/supporting roles).

I think they've done a better job on the mothership of balancing out all the roles, even though there are the two obvious stars. With Miami, it seems like they just keep pushing Horatio's vigilantism/heroics, and the harder that gets pushed, the closer it seems to get to a tipping point. If they push it too hard, then the series will topple over. (OK, I know I've worn out that imagery.) It does seem to me that there needs to be more of a balance and a bit of a correction to get the team realigned again.

For me, personally, if there were fewer comic book-style theatrics and more focus on the forensic science, I would be more likely to be a fan of this series. But the line is so blurred between what law enforcement would do and what the forensic investigators would do that I have a hard time suspending my disbelief. And it's all so focused on Horatio leading the charge that yeah, that's just not very appealing to me.

8. GregNickRyanFan

I agree that it focuses too much on H too much of the time. It does tend to get old. That happened with Charmed and Alyssa Milano. The storylines mostly always surrounded her character and it got old real fast. That's why I stopped watching the show for a good while until the very last season (cause I wanted to see how it all ended). But while it does get a little old on Miami, it doesn't bother me quite as much [as it did with Charmed]. Maybe that's because on Miami, H is the leader of the team (so it's more understandable). Whereas on the other show, it was about three sisters and should have focused on all three evenly instead of singling out one of them and making almost every ep revolve around her character. It doesn't bother me enough with Miami that I'd quit watching for that reason.

9. LostInEvidence

Yes, they did mention that Frank is divorced, but that's it. And all we know about Ryan is that he has an uncle and a niece. A little detail would be nice.

I mean, we know SO MUCH about H. I know he is the main character in the show, but it's really getting to the point where they should just make a "CSI: Horatio" because it seems like everyone else in the show are mere players. I mean, in this last season we have learned more about Horatio then we have about everyone else combined. And he has a different "arch enemy" every season. How 'bout giving someone else a chance?

All I ask for is a bit of consistency. :)

--Ally

10. GregNickRyanFan

I don't remember that. What ep was that in? Well, if he has a niece, it would stand to reason that he has at least one sibling. But, is it a brother or a sister? :lol: We also know that Ryan apparently used to date that annoying reporter. The blonde. Erica I think her name was. And we know he has had gambling problems (which is almost a redo of Warrick on LV). Couldn't they think of something besides gambling? But, then again, alcohol would have been Sara all over again lol. So, they didn't have much choice LOL.

We have gotten to know a little bit about Eric and Calleigh's family (and even Natalia's). Calleigh's dad's a lawyer and recovering alcoholic. Eric had a sister who had cancer. Natalia had an abusive husband who returned and made things difficult for her. And she had a sister who was kidnapped or something. Alexx was married with a son and daughter. Did we ever learn anything about Speedle other than he didn't properly clean his gun?

Now that I think about it, the thing with Eric's sister, they couldn't just leave that about Eric. They went and made that about H too when they had him and Marisol fall in love. :rolleyes:

You're right, there does need to be more consistency.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  11. LostInEvidence

The one where we know he has an uncle is in the episode when the tsunami hits Miami is Season Three (the epi name escapes me). And then we found out he has a niece in "Death Pool 100" when he thanks Calleigh for buying the "iPod for his niece." But, yes, we don't even know if it's a brother or sister.

I just think Miami is getting very "H top heavy". If it's going to spill, at least let it spill by someone else's doing. Not Horatio's. :)

--Ally

12. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, that's right. I kind of remember that now. Thanks! :)

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

That's actually a really good point. If Ryan were intercepting phone calls...I mean that just makes sense! It would also explain how Horatio would survive such a shooting. There didn't appear to be anybody at the airstrip with him, and if he were to just lie there he would bleed out and die. But if Ryan saw that text, he might think something's up and go help H.

I definetly think H was shot for real, but that's about as far as I'm convinced.

Also, I was wondering, right before H is shot, why do the people in the plane randomly shut and lock the doors? Was it just me or did they make a point out of showing the plane door being locked? What was that about?

14. LostInEvidence

I notitced that, too! Part of me thinks that IF H set up his own shooting that he told them all to act like nothing is happening. It would make sense considering that no one rushed out to see if H was breathing. Or maybe they were working with whoever shot Horatio and were told to just kind be nonchallant about it. I don't know. That really confused me, though. :confused:

~~Ally

15. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Considering its CSI:Miami(I still love you though!) we are talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if H is alive and they have him in the hospital and the doctor tells the team that the only thing that saved him was his sunnies because they slowed the bullet down. Wouldn't that just be hilarious.

I enjoyed the episode though. A lot of twists and a lot of cliffhangers. Season 7 cant come fast enough!