Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Okay still wondering about those discs from the PI office-what info on those. Maybe Calleigh gave one about Ron/Julia to H? Maybe that's when he started putting a backup fake death plan in action. Also H asked for Ron's gun and he said he dumped it BUT could the gun Kyle was playing with be Ron's and maybe Kyle stole it to give to dad- or is that gun Julia's protection since we don't know if it's Kyle's bag or Julia's. They had like less than an hour to pack-Julia would pack money and a gun. Maybe Kyle was playing with the gun to feel like he can protect his mom. I don't think he was considering offing his dad not after ALL that H did for Kyle in prison and Kyle had plenty of time to think about his dad and if he trusts him as the boy sat around in jail. About H getting shot I think it's possible whoever helped shoot him maybe missed and he took one alright. Why was H on the plane from where did he come from? the other side of the airport? and private planes aren't cheap so who's footing the bill...yeah so many questions on this season cliffy.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

No opinion on the new guy, as I hardly ever watch the show; just couldn't make it past the first season, and Khandi Alexander's portrayal of Alexx was one of the reasons (and that surprised me, given how good she was in "NewsRadio"). That cloyingly sweet crooning over dead bodies was just a real turnoff (an effect much better realized, by the way, on the Canadian series "Da Vinci's Inquest"). And the sprayed-on outfits with mandatory cleavage? I realize that's the Miami spin-off's style de jour, but especially for somebody working with dead bodies, it just ain't very realistic. For my money, Robert David Hall over on the mothership does a far more believable job as the ME. Come to think of it, Leslie Hendrix over on "Law & Order" is quite good, too.

I did watch last night because there was absolutely nothing else on TV, and I was bored. Found the ending surprisingly good, maybe because I've been waiting for years to see something finally wipe that smarmy expression off of Horatio's face.

3. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

wow someone has to check their attitude

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If Eric and Calleigh knew that H wasn't dead then they would be part of the scheme because the scheme is that he isn't really dead. It's just like if a husband fakes his death and tells his wife he was going to fake it. Whether or not she actually helped plan the faking of his death, she's still an accessory because she knew he was going to do it. So, it's completely plausible that H is trying to protect Calleigh and Eric. And if Ryan (or anyone else) told C&E after H was "dead" that he wasn't really dead then they'd be accessories after the fact.

Does anyone else think that possibly the ATF agent is helping Horatio plan this?

I don't think Ryan's mad about being fired earlier. And even if he was, why would he be mad at Horatio? Horatio went to bat for him and got him his job back. Ryan would have absolutely no reason to want Horatio dead. And TPTB would be absolutely insane to have that be the case. Wasn't it Stetler who got Ryan fired in the first place?

About H and Saris - Horatio had a reason to bring Saris in for questioning because he was someone who had powder burn and came into the hospital to have it treated. He was possibly the only one who came in to have it treated. Plus, H knows the guy is dirty and he's just itching to lock him up for good. Why? He wants him away from Kyle. So, H's reason for going after Saris is very simple. Horatio loves his son and like any parent wants to do whatever he can to ensure his son's safety. That was evident in the ep where H got that one convict to protect and look after Kyle while Kyle was in jail.

About Ron going to the gun range - I think he was possibly lying about that. I think he got that burn some other way. The guy is more dirty than a dirt road. :lol: There is no telling what he was up to. It could be that he was testing some bullets and got the burn that way. Or he could have shot someone else... someone that has not been found because he dumped the body or something. Who knows? And besides, there is probably more than one shooting range in Miami. It's possible that Saris was at a completely different one than the one Ryan used to work at. For all anyone knows, Saris could have his own shooting range.

And could someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Saris wasn't even in Miami until after Julia returned. I thought Saris came back with her after Kyle was arrested.

Horatio whispered something to Ortega. Is it possible that he cut a deal with Ortega? That if Ortega helped him fake his death, he'd get a lighter sentence? I know that's kind of far-fetched, but it would definitely be unexpected.

I don't think the new M.E. looks like Ryan at all. I don't think the new M.E. fits in with the rest of the cast either. Snd yes, I think that Khandi did - she had good chemistry with the rest of the cast. Yes, the talking to the corpses was kind of annoying, but they thankfully did tone that down a bit after a while. But this new guy just doesn't click with them IMHO. I like RDH on CSI LV and Sid on NY. They fit well. But, this new guy just doesn't.

As for why H would choose Ryan to help him - I agree that Calleigh's been through enough already and Delko's got issues from being shot himself. As for Natalia, remember she WAS the mole a while back. Horatio may not fully trust her yet due to that. And H did get Ryan to help sniff out the mole.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I'm thinking again about how H paused as he got off the plane-like he was hoping Julia and Kyle would be there so that the easier plan A of leaving the country would happen BUT when it was clear that they were a noshow then the co-pilot closed the door then H was waiting for Plan B to start so I think he texted Ryan or somebody that no Kyle or Julia there so go ahead and do a fake shot. Maybe H's sacrifice is necessary since the new ME lasted 10 seconds and he doesn't want Eric or Calleigh or anyone else of his team to get wasted. Lots of wondering now to do for a few months-16 wks and counting I guess....

6. ulysses

ulysses Victim

Okay, this doesn't help much... if at all. But I think the last word whispered to Ortega by Horatio was "life." I know I definitely heard that word. Okay, yeah, that doesn't help much. Hahaha sorry. Anyone out there have the whole sentence?

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I see your point, but just b/c you know that he's not dead, doesn't mean you know what his "scheme" is. You don't know exactly what he's gonna do, and maybe he wouldn't even tell them why he's doing it (although I bet they could venture a guess). They wouldn't have to be "involved" in every detail - just knowing he's not dead would be nice b/c I think it would devestate both of them. And Horatio should know what that feels like (ie: His brother Ray - remember the "talking to" he gave Ray when he found out he was still alive?)

Anyway, I guess I'm just dissappointed b/c TPTB said it was going to be the TEAM gelling in a way it never has, and I just didn't see that. I thought the whole team was gonna help Horatio. I guess it's a nice thought that H would move to "protect" Eric and Cal, but still they're professionals and despite their problems have shown a great capability of bouncing back. Plus, they're great to have on your side, especially if things go wrong and Ryan gets in trouble.

8. Della

Della Police Officer

This is interesting and I think you're right about the call out to the hospitals. Powder burn though? I mean, a guy like Saris couldn't handle a powder burn? Sheesh, what a wuss. And he doesn't know or even think that the first thing they're going to be looking for is someone who's checked into a hospital with a powder burn. And he's supposed to be Horatio's nemesis? *snark*

Still, it would also explain who the guy was who hired the guy who shot the guy who shot Ortega.

....Interesting... Well it would be for me if I could be arsed about the program... It still means Vigilante Caine for the new season :(

This is also an interesting idea and I don't think that far-fetched at all. I mean, Horatio did overplay the laughter as he was walking away. Mind you was he supposed to or was it just bad acting on DC's part?

...Interesting...

:)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  9. byline

byline CSI Level One

LOL, I assume that's directed at me. Honestly, I tried to like this spin-off, and I keep tuning in occasionally in the hope that's something's changed. But it is what it is, and obviously it's found a fan base of people who like the show. I'm just not one of them.

10. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

byline i was only joking lol i do that alot on here.

11. buhbye

buhbye Victim

Will have to watch my recording again. Thanks :bolian:

12. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Then why are you here?

Please don't be like Della. If you don't like the show and have nothing good to say about it, you don't belong here. Sorry, no offense to you personally. :)

13. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I have had enough of people treating others like this.

dogbert14, you have been asked time and time again to keep your attitude in check, and you still post off topic discussions about other people's opinions. This is I believe your third warning. If you have a problem with what someone says, you should come to a moderator or admin, don't handle it by yourself, it just gets you in trouble.

hahaguy, I'm going to say the same thing, please be considerate of what you post, if you have nothing to add to the conversation, the best thing to do would be to keep it to yourself, or get out of the thread, that's all we ask.

Thank you to all who have kept the conversation in this thread going, and let's please continue with the topic at hand. :)

14. piglet_38866

piglet_38866 Civilian

Well i know some people might not have seen it yet so i want say. But i will say this...if what happens really happens i want be watching next season. Please dont get me wrong i LOVE this show. But some people make it better than ours. I cant wait till season 7 starts to see whos going to be playing what parts.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh dear, not again.:beer: Grab a cocktail & have fun!!!!

Personally I thought it made sense to have Ryan know about the fake death opposed to having the entire team in on it. It had to be orchestrated perfectly w/ only a few knowing what was really going on to make it believable to Ron.
    Plus , that ending with Ryan gave everyone something to talk about & if it were Calleigh or Eric holding that cell phone, I don't think it would have given the same effect.

:)

^^ I didn't see your post PIGLET, that wasn't directed towards you, but hell, have a drink anyway!!! **cheese**