Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

ya i think this season finale was really great compared to season 5's. I agree with you mjszud since they gave ryan the part with the text message if left alot of people thinking.

2. tnemgarf

tnemgarf Victim

i think ron threatened julia to kill horatio & horatio saw it coming so he 'played along with it' using the last guy he put in as his 'partner-in-crime' with ryan as his 'messenger'..

i think his last text message was to ryan and he let julia shoot him.. but whether he's wearing a vest with a 'blood pack' underneath or he's really shot is another question..

waiting for s7 premiere

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. byline

byline CSI Level One

I assume that a public forum created for the purpose of expressing opinions doesn't exist solely for the purpose of positive opinions. Read the "letters to the editor" section of the paper lately? Whenever you ask someone for their opinion, chances are you're going to get a negative one. I watched the episode and feel like my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

Granted, neither am I going to respond to each and every positive post with a negative, nor will I attack anyone else's opinion for liking a given character, show, etc. (and yes, it does bug me when people do that). I've said my piece, summed up my opinions, and that's that. But it still amazes me the number of times I see the expectation expressed that posts are all supposed to be written from an advocacy standpoint. Creative endeavors always attract opinions, and that includes a healthy dose of criticism.

By the way, I was being sarcastic in my comments about Horatio, but the sarcasm probably didn't come across too well. Actually, I do have a fair bit of admiration for how David Caruso handled that scene, and also how it was shot. Really quite striking with the reflections off the wet tarmac, and the aftermath of the shooting, itself, seemed quite believable. If those were the choices the series made more often -- I don't mean Horatio getting shot, but just a more believable approach, overall -- then I think I would enjoy the show.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  4. CSI:FREak

CSI:FREak Victim

This may sound clueless, but why does everybody think Callegih was in on H's shooting?

5. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

im not sure FREak,

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

mmmm, Im not real sure that everyone thinks Calleigh was in on it.
    It had been questioned by a poster why she wasn't though.

After Ryan told her he had to take care of something, her reaction to me was more like :wtf:, where are going in the middle of interrogation? Like she was irritated that he was leaving.
    I don' think she has a clue.

I don't really think that all the CSIs will continue to believe he is dead. Surely after the deed is done, Ryan will have informed them of what really happened.

Unless Horatio just really wants to see his teamates cry & mourn his death
    **Horatio lays in his casket wearing his bullet-holed sunnies, snickering**:guffaw:

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

CSI:FREak:
    I don't know if a lot of people think Cal is in on it - I actually asked if she was, and if she's not, then why she's not.

I agree w/mjszud - If they don't know already, I think the rest of the team will find out eventually (like before H "resurrects" or whatever) b/c that would just be horrible for them to have to mourn their boss/friend and continue w/a clear head.

The reasons I think Cal should be in on it is b/c:
    1. She gave H the ATF info and said "Let me know what I can do." I think he'd take her up on that.
    2. She's known him the longest — for more than 10 years — and was his protege, so he obviously trusts her. (And maybe keep an eye out for Ryan, like she always does ;) )
    3. She's going to have to take charge of the lab, unless they put in a newbie, which would suck b/c that's almost like a demotion for Cal. I think it would be easier for her to take over knowing that H was alive, that he would eventually be back. But hey, just an opinion.

There's also some good arguments as to why she wouldn't be in on it:
    1. She's gone through too much, and H is trying to protect her. (The best scenario I think).
    2. H doesn't want too many people to know about his plan. (This kind of implies he doesn't trust Cal, which I don't think is true).

I agree that Cal looked irritated about Ryan walking out during the interrogation. However, maybe she just didn't know what role Ryan would play in it, or that he was involved. Maybe Cal was told separately, and has her own part to play, but separate from Ryan.

Or, H is keeping her totally in the dark b/c he wants to see how devestated she will be when she thinks he's dead. :lol: (Nah, H is better than that :) ) Seriously, I agree that H could be withold this plan from Cal to protect her, which in that case is kinda sweet. However, I think if this is true, Cal will want to kick Horatio's ass (in a friendly, southern way ;) ) when she finds out he's alive. :lol:

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well.................................I'm dumbstruck. TPTB actually didn't disappoint me after all. LOL Maybe the finally wised up to what we've been saying all along. They screwed up big. As far as Ryan being involved in all this. Yes, I think he is but not the way we may think he was. remember the mole storyline in S4? Horatio used him then. Why he uses Ryan for things like this and not Eric nor Calleigh is beyond me. I know it doesn't have anything to do with not trusting them cause no doubt he does with his life but........................apparently there's something about Ryan that he's able to pull it off when H needs him too. So to say we do have a list of suspects: Ron, Julia, Kyle & Ryan even though the latter two I have doubts about but..............they would still be considered suspects no doubt. I really did enjoy the ep but the ending I enjoyed more cause for once I wasn't disappointed.

9. CSI:FREak

I just posted a thread about S7...H isn't dead!

10. CSI:FREak

Ok here we go!
    So we all know that H looked dead on the fanalie...But i found an article and dont worry...He is not dead

The article:
    CSI Miami Season Finale: Is David Caruso Leaving CSI? Spoiler Alert!

May 20th, 2008 · No Comments · Tagged as CSI · CBS

[​IMG]
    Anyone gasping in disbelief over the finale of CSI[Miami and wondering if David[Caruso has been killed off the series and is leaving CSI… breathe easy.
    Spoiler Alert

According to E!’s Kristin Dos Santos, her close inside sources say that David Caruso will not be leaving CSI]Miami, despite seeing Horatio looking very dead last night. It seems it’s just a season finale cliffhanger, as the CSI Miami source explains:“They’re setting up a very cool mystery of who tried to kill Horatio. And it will be pretty amazing to see how Horatio gets himself out of this one.”

Here is the link to the article:
    http://tv.popcrunch.com/csi-miami-se...spoiler-alert/

What do you guys think?

11. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

What do I think? :rolleyes: is what I think?

Why is everyone always out to kill Horatio? Why can't something good happen to him? why couldn't Alexx have gotten story lines like this so Khandi would have wanted to stay?

That said, I'm exited for the new season. Despite what TPTB are trying to do, I'm not drawn back to the next season because of this Horatio story line. In fact, it's got me rolling my eyes at what strange, far-fetched situation they're going to come up with next.

Thanks for the article, love.

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I have to be honest. This episode bored me. There wasn't one thing about it that got me interested. I don't believe that Horatio will die. Not for a second. I don't believe that Ryan is a 'bad guy' in all of this. I also hope that it's not all a set up. To me, that would just be lame, and Super H would make a triumphant return :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but there you have it.

13. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

I have seen the episode about 1,000 times now and I hate to say it, but it really looks like blood under H? I truly think he was shot..! Can't wait to see how they kick off Season Seven.

Now for my thoughts on the episode: I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. It wasn't my favorite, but I liked it enough to when at the end, I was standing up, gasping and freaking out.

To cover the Ryan thing, I do not believe he is in any way going to the dark side. He owes Horatio and he wouldn't just TURN on him, even if Ryan can have a bit of a mean streak (i.e. tricking Natalia into going to the shooting range instead of takng the evidence to the lab in a previous S6 episode). Quite honestly, the text he recieved at the end saying "It's Done" could mean a number of things, knowing the geniuses behind Miami. I mean, my dad even said "Some people probably finished the detailing on his car and were just telling him they were done." He has a very good point. :lol:

But I do think he has a part in this whole Horatio being shot. The reason I don't think he is on the "Let's shoot H" side is because the brother in jail (ol' what's-his-face) said to someone on the phone "Tell me when it's done." And then Ryan gets a text saying "It's Done." I think that's a LITTLE too obvious, even for the Miami team. And as I said before, Horatio really "went to bat" for Ryan in previous occasions, so it's time for him to repay the favor.

I would like to believe that text was a trigger for Ryan to spring into action. Maybe he is supposed to go to the airstrip and "proccess the scene", or maybe he is suppsed to pronounce H dead? Or maybe he is just supposed to go grab Kyle and Julia and get them the heck out of dodge. I don't know, but I am very sure his intentions are good. Plus, the face he gave at the end had two sides. First, it was very "I-hate-lying-to-my-friend's" and then it changed to "but-I-have-to-do-this-for-H."

Hope I made a little sense there.

~~Ally

14. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

All I could remember after seeing the season finale were the last few minutes... If someone asked me right after seeing it to summarize the episode in one look it would be: :wtf:!

I enjoy reading the speculation here about H's fake death and all. David Caruso's performance when supposedly H was dying was superb!

I've never been really that much into CSI Miami but now I'm really looking forward to next season!

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oddly I didn't see the blood on my Tv, but in the pictures on the last page, I could see it. It looked like the blood was coming from his neck & his crotch!?!:wtf::confused:

Isn't it possible the blood was just another added drama bit from TPTB? It's not like they haven't left us with unanswered questions before.