Episode #614 - You May Now Kill the Bride ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

i thought it was this one too especially after what Ryan said to Eric when he was looking at the finger print.

More than likely the tote board scene ended up on the cutting room floor to make way for the annoying editing. I would have rather seen the board than the editing that made my eyes hurt.

Ok soooo the episode was ok...it could have been better....but as my personal thoughts weren't good also because of premise I found it interesting:thumbsup:
The case was strange....yeah I had the thought it was the best man too but still I found it interesting.

Horatio....he really looked human at the beginning while at the end when he showed the mobile phone to Calleigh he looked like SuperH.
I LOVED his interaction with her in it. Really!!! It's really nice to see them talking.
Plus Calleigh in her ballistic lab talking with H....I was going to faint:rommie:

Alexx and Horatio...that piece cracked me up :lol: one for each one:lol:

Let's say that in this case only Calleigh worked.
I loved her tonight..I mean she was Calleigh Duquesne not the strange woman I was seeing in the last episodes. I'm so glad to see it.
"This is my favourite" when she was showing the groom's pics...was hilarious:guffaw:plus her faces were pierceless.
Same thing during "Touching is extra"..too funny.

The scene with the veil was pretty cute :)

Frank was glowing!!!:wtf:

Loved the end without Horatio.

I'd give 7.5/10....I don't know why I liked it...there was the right atmosphere for CSI:Miami in my opinion

Ok soooo the episode was ok...it could have been better....but as my personal thoughts weren't good also because of premise I found it interesting:thumbsup:
The case was strange....yeah I had the thought it was the best man too but still I found it interesting.

Horatio....he really looked human at the beginning while at the end when he showed the mobile phone to Calleigh he looked like SuperH.
I LOVED his interaction with her in it. Really!!! It's really nice to see them talking.
Plus Calleigh in her ballistic lab talking with H....I was going to faint:rommie:

Alexx and Horatio...that piece cracked me up :lol: one for each one:lol:

Let's say that in this case only Calleigh worked.
I loved her tonight..I mean she was Calleigh Duquesne not the strange woman I was seeing in the last episodes. I'm so glad to see it.
"This is my favourite" when she was showing the groom's pics...was hilarious:guffaw:plus her faces were pierceless.
Same thing during "Touching is extra"..too funny.

The scene with the veil was pretty cute :)

Frank was glowing!!!:wtf:

Loved the end without Horatio.

I'd give 7.5/10....I don't know why I liked it...there was the right atmosphere for CSI:Miami in my opinion

Oh yeah that scene was great!! "I think this one might be my favorite" "or maybe it is this one" Her facial expressions were priceless.

For the first ep since god knows when b/c of the strike....it was pretty good. I like how they ended the ep on a montage and not on any one particular main character....I thought that was a nice change.

But my fav line of the ep has to be when she and Eric are in the club
Cal: "We'll be in touch"
The hostess: "Touching's extra"
Eric giggles
Cal: "Wow this has been one sexy day at the office"

That was great :D

Oh. And the tally board comes into play next episode..."Ambush" and a few eps following. Stetler was never slated to be in this ep but he is in the next ep and he is the one who introduces the tally board.

Ryan says that stuff to Eric probably b/c he feels Eric doesn't trust him anymore since the whole gambling incident....that was how I interpreted it anyhow.

alright so i'm kinda new to Miami i just watched like all of the series in the past few months. this ep wasn't too bad but i hear all your complaints. the editing is soo annoying i hate the split screen and all the music (i will admit i did a freak out when i heard "Lond Bridge" by Fergie i love that song).

i like Natalia so i was a little peeved at the lack of her in the ep compaired to everyone else. i know H is upset over Marisol but seriously the writers need to not bring it up all the time or not all.

adorelo i love how you said Calleigh looked like a snow ball lol. i noticed she goes from always wearing all black to wearing all white (well in this ep anyway). all i think when she wears all black is that she must be dying from the heat lol. the veil scene was soo adorable i cracked up when Calleigh told Delko she'd kill him if he told anyone she was in the veil lol.

the story was ok, it does seem like it could have been a season 1 ep. it was just great to have something back on after the strike and for me since i just finished watching the first few seasons so i wanted more.

I just remembered. I have one HUGE problem with this episode. It didn't answer a question left over from episode #613--Raising Caine. The question: WHERE WAS FRANK??? I thought I couldn't wait for this episode so maybe all of us, myself included, who were wondering would finally find out where Frank was at the end of Raising Caine. Did we find out??? NO!!! Forgetful writers. I want to know where Frank was when he was M.I.A.-(Missing In Action) at the end of Raising Caine.
:brickwall: OOH, I'm so mad about that. :brickwall:

Last edited:
I kind of like this episode probably because I love anything to do with weddings (yes i'm in that phase), but I thought the storyline that the bullet was meant for someone else has been done so many times before and it's predictable. Calleigh and Eric scenes were hilarious!!!

So, I have two questions:
1) Why is Tripp (is that his name?) back in a suit? The last time I saw him, he was in an officer's uniform with his head shaved.

2) What is Horatio's job? I know he is a Lieutenant, but he is also the head of the lab. Does that mean he is a CSI as well? I don't see him getting down and dirty processing anything. He kinda gives orders, puts the glasses on, strikes a pose, then turns to the side and says a pun.

2) What is Horatio's job? I know he is a Lieutenant, but he is also the head of the lab. Does that mean he is a CSI as well? I don't see him getting down and dirty processing anything. He kinda gives orders, puts the glasses on, strikes a pose, then turns to the side and says a pun.

When his personal life wasn't the main topic of the show, he used to be a good Csi with a degree in chemistry. Everything has changed after Tim's death, I think, then he became Super-H:cool:. Now his job is to be the chief, protect Miami and his eyes wearing sunglasses and deal with politics and gangs. We can say that now is Calleigh who deals with the most scientific part of the job while Horatio with the bureaucrazy.
And, above all, he's always there to save the day:cool:!!! Super-H!!!!!!!

^ Whoa ...okay thanks. This reminds me why I liked the original CSI and NY, it's less confusing.

OK- one thing that I was thinking through the beginning about WHY Horatio was super sad at the wedding with the dead bride-not just thinking about Marisol BUT also about Julia being in his life and Kyle NOT going with him so he's really alone right now. He must be feeling conflicted about Julia since he remembers her being nice/good but now her actions and attitude lead him to see her differently and all he can do is regret-Marisol, Julia and anybody else he's been with..

...Sorry to bump this up but I’ve only just got around to seeing it...

All in all, the plot, as in who did it, was completely and utterly predictable, but I did like the twist of who he was actually aiming for. Also though, why didn’t they work backwards, as in, got the height of the bride, the trajectory of the bullet (which they would have got from how it entered the brides head) to determine where the bullet had come from? And then established through Frank’s GSR on his trousers that the limo had been where the shooter had shot from? In fact wouldn’t that have been the only way to have established just where the bullet came from? Seems to me that they got things arse about face.

The close up of H at the beginning was... I dunno, just toooooo dramatic and his “Where’s the groom Frank?” just had me in fits of laughter. BUT... Frank and Horatio sharing a scene together, a proper scene together, was a joy to see. Lately it’s been Frank and Ryan, Frank and Calleigh and Frank and Eric, so I was really pleased to see Frank and Horatio reunited – chuckle.

I wish they’d strip Horatio out of his black pinstripes and burn them in front of him, then force him into the beautiful greys, greens and blues of the earlier seasons – though it was nice to see Horatio without his sunglasses at a scene. And finally, FINALLY! we saw some actual human emotion from Horatio when he admitted to the baseball player that he had seen someone he loved die in front of him. Brilliant stuff!

It was soooo sooooo sooo good to see a lot of Calliegh and Horatio scenes together.

Fantastic to see the return of Calleigh as “Bullet Girl!” – about bloody time to be honest. I honestly though she would never check out a gun ever again. What I don’t understand though is why her and Eric went to the strip club when it would have been cleaned up and how Calleigh then finds a bullet in the wall. Bit contrived if you ask me.

Never liked Natalia and I’m afraid I still don’t like her. Sorry, she just rubs me up the wrong way. Her snidey comments to the woman in the wedding shop and then her sarcastic remarks when questioning the manager. Not good at all for me.

I don’t know why I found Calleigh’s remark to frank “Because you’re glowing” funny, but I did.

Why on earth Calleigh had to wear the veil is beyond me. Yes, yes, I know about the fake stones, but was she the exact same height as the bride? Also, if the stone fragmented the bullet then why weren’t the fragments of the stone found on the skin of the bride, or even embedded in it?

All in all, this was a sight lot better than quite a few of the preceding episodes and the closest it has come to recapturing the teamwork of yesteryear, but still a long way off of being satisfactory for me. I’m greedy. I like logical explanations of things, not stuff that is forced and contrived, and I like to see a team at work. They were almost there with that this episode, but there still seems to be an awful lot of two’s and not a lot of team at scenes.

Good though. I did enjoy it enough for me to think that maybe I should give Miami another chance.

:)

Edited to add: In all honesty, I never thought of Marisol when Horatio admitted he'd seen someone he loved die in front of him, I immediately thought of Ray, his Brother. I only thought of Marisol when so many others mentioned her. *shrug* Does that make me strange? Theoretical question of course :D - chuckle

Last edited:
First off I liked this ep but I was watching it recently and had to point out a funny little editing hiccup. When the scene cuts to the Gentlemen's club it shows the various shots and then cuts to Calleigh and Eric bumping into the two stripper girls. The shot after that shows the two in another camera angle and if you look closely, you'll see Eric bumping into the same women again:lol:

Back