Episode #609: 'Stand Your Ground' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Re: Episode #609: 'Stand Your Ground' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS**

How on earth you can come up with something like that? THAT EP and DC have some issues and that's why not working the same scenes.

DC bad temper. Oh yes, I remember those news that were 14 yrs ago. Who knows has he changed, I think he is, but don't start to create rumors here.

Perhaps they wanted to give space to let people see how Eric cares of Calleigh?

Anyways, I think this was better episode. First, Calleigh having a kickass car. Second - how great she pulled the gun as well! I was so hoping Jake would disappear but I guess-... not.

AND DID YOU SEE!? THE SAINT H ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING ELSE ON CRIME SCENE THAN STOOD HAND ON HIPS! HE HAD A FLASHLIGHT!

I almost fainted there. I guess there is still hope.

What I felt was missing, was the scene where Stetler would have discussion with Calleigh, after it was cleared the bad guy lied and she was telling the truth.
    And I kinda like Natalia in the lab - but then again it takes space from Valera.

But if we manage to see behind Calleigh's asskicking, I have to say that at least they came up with something 'new' storyline - even it involved kids as drugdealers.

2. ametista

ametista Prime Suspect

I have conflicting thoughts about this episode. It would be an ok epi, but those two ending scenes with H totally ruined it. It’s Cal’s episode it should have ended with her scene, or at least if they so needed H to be in last scene then he should’ve been with Cal.

But it would seem that it doesn’t really fit S6 format they have in mind. What I mean by that (and maybe its just me) is tptb try in any way to emphasize H & son plot line. To me S6 so far so much if not only about H and his son. Why would they put those two scenes with H and teens in the end what should have been Cal’s ep?
    I get it saint super H can’t help saving the day, but it wound seem that these days it just happens to be teens a lot it would seem that tptb are keen on showing the fans how good he is with young ppl, as if fans don’t know that already :rolleyes:

H holding a flashlight and examining the car :eek: Wow! Should we understand that its tptb strange way to show that H cares for Cal, well he did swapped his superH cape for flash light

But if you ask me I’d choose human contact anytime over that, oh well guess H too busy playing superDad :p

3. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Hey im new here.

But i love Miami sooo much! This new episode showed how much Eric cares for Calleigh. i cant wait for the day that the writers put them together. Until then...

I know what you were saying DaWacko. Horatio finally did something in this Mondays episode. It was unbelievable! I thought he was paralyzed from doing actual work even though it was just a flashlight.

4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yea, we're all entitled to an opinion, I can respect the "indifference" about H/C scenes. However, I don't feel the same way and I don't think us calling attention to it should somehow mean we are to blame if one of these actors leaves. For us who do like H/C interaction, we should have a right to call attention to the lack of interaction. (And it's not just this episode - we're talking 25 episodes without interaction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of any other TV show where the two leads have not interacted for that long.)

If one of the actors leaves due to conflicts, it's b/c there's a problem that won't go away - they should be grown-ups and resolve it.

I concur that until we have hard proof that there actually is a problem between EP and DC, we should refrain from making accusations. It's all speculation.

If it's the writers who are doing this (and I'm partly inclined to believe that it is), then I think those who enjoy H/C scenes have even more of a reason to speak out. I'm sure E/C fans would do the same thing if Adam Rodriguez and Emily Procter weren't getting scenes together anymore...

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

With regard to speculation regarding DC and EP, let's refrain from jumping on the rumour-mill please. Thanks. :)

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yeah, i agree...when i started reading this thread i was like 'huh?'. I thought the team really pulled together for her. Also, she wasn't really allowed to interact with the team that much, since she couldn't go near any of the evidence or crime scene.

you know, i didn't even notice this :lol: I have heard many times that Caruso has a temper...i read somewhere that he sort of pressured kim delany off the show.

I liked the episode...it was really good! I love Rick, especially when he is super evil. It was good to see Cal have some emotions. Not too thrilled about Eric trying to impress her, it is kind of lame.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well.... Lucy we're not speculating about EP and DC ;)
    But This episode just confirme how weird things are getting with H and Calleigh.
    I mean...I'm not a Ducainer and I'll never be ;) and I do not want them talking and working not considering the others ;) but the show was born with a motive....to be different from CSI:LV and to show a little bit of more unity in the team...now I have to say that this has totally disappeard among the seasons...but well there has always been a little bit of interaction between H and Calleigh and I think it was just good for the show ;)
    What's happening right now is just too weird for everybody also for no ducainers...I mean...suddenly two people don't consider eachothers??? :confused: well to me it's too weird that it has something to do with the actors not just TPTB.
    Let's hope it's not true...but right now the situation tends to it ;) :(

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

To me it seemed out of character for Horatio to not "check on her". Shippiness aside, he is the leader of this team & should of been there for her if even just to say "are you ok" & whether or not there is problems in their real lives; this is their job, TPTB shouldn't have to rearrange characters bonds together because of a "possible tiff". TPTB have never been great at continuty but the characters & their "connections/bond together" should stay consistant. I could understand if there was a riff between the actual characters (C/H), but that is not the case here so in my pov the un-interaction between them in this epi, OF ALL EPIS, was completely off the wall.

Before the season began, I questioned in the Horatio thread if anyone thought that by TPTB giving Horatio a son would take him away his connection to his team. Apparently.. it has.

Ratings shouldn't count, its one thing for millions of viewers to tune in every week thinking their in for a great episode...its another when the epi is over & some are thinking ...this sucked.

9. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

This already happened during season 4, and no one started e-mailing Ausiello asking him to stalk Adam and Emily for petty gossip. We merely accepted it and moved on. But getting a man who thrives on false drama involved is only going to make things worse. Either you'll get your generic "we deny those allegations" response or Ausiello will make something up, and that will just ruin things for everyone and for what? Horatio and Calleigh are never gonna hook up. E-mailing Ausiello was the worst idea. He's not going to investigate it like a true journalist. He already said he's gonna put it in his shameless, stupid, vapid blind item column, which consists of unfounded gossip twisted in a dirty way to create drama and attract mindless readers. What's next, calling a paparazzi to follow them around all day?

TPTB already explained they have conflicting schedules. What else is there to say? If the rumors are true, then why force Caruso and Procter to do something they obviously don't want, for mere shipping purposes? TPTB are handling this the best way possible, imo. If they don't get along, then it's best to keep them apart to avoid even more drama. It works out for everyone. Obviously the majority of the audience doesn't even care anyway.

10. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I was going to mention season 4, too. Calleigh worked with Ryan the majority of the time, and Eric had a lot of scenes with Natalia and Horatio, especially the latter once Marisol got involved. I wasn't around Talk at that time, but I've been told that much of the complaints were kept in the ship-specific thread, as it should be. Even on a non-ship basis, because I know someone's going to say that they're not interested in the ship, just the interaction, it's really not worth causing a bunch of needless drama for the actors. Yes, it's their jobs to act, but no, they shouldn't have to put up with accusations or false rumors about whether or not they have problems with one another. Scripts change, storylines fade. Don't tell me anyone's surprised at Miami's inconsistencies.

As for whoever insinuated that the ratings reflect that the viewers are dissatisfied with the lack of Horatio/Calleigh interaction, give me a break. All TV shows have fluctuating ratings, especially a case-based show. CSI (LV) has been losing viewers since season 5. It's not a big deal. How about attributing the decline of the number of viewers to the fact that the cases are boring, repetitive and have huge gaping holes left unfilled, ends left untied?

Whoever emailed Ausiello asking that is a big idiot. I don't even care if it was someone here on this thread/board. You are a moron. Even if Ausiello uses proper journalism techniques to deliver the scoop, which is lol in itself, it might cause tensions among the cast. And for what? A few forced scenes between the two? If they could've done something about it, don't you think they would've? Do the viewers really have to understand and pinpoint the exact reason why?

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This isn't necessarily about shipping, believe me. Ive seen others acknowledge this who aren't h/c shippers. The fact of this matter is that its unnatural for these 2 characters to not have any interaction especially in this episode. Its alot to do with what TPTB are doing to character development, especially Horatio. We all have our opinions, whoever it was who brought it to Ausiello's attention was just speaking hers, as we all do here. As for the "majority of the audience" not caring; there are MILLIONS of viewers...we don't really know if they don't care. For all we know, others outside the message boards could be recognizing this issue as well. Everyone here at talkcsi aren't exactly the ONLY fans of this show.

:) :)

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Yes. It was in tabloids so it was totally false accusation :rolleyes: I remember those. Still. Gossip. It's funny if something doesn't go 'right' in fans thoughts, you have to blame DC
    so If we could leave this EP/DC gossiping out? Thanks.

I think what is more wrong is that almost everytime H goes after someone with a gun, he has either Eric or Ryan with him - never Calleigh. I noticed this back in...season 2 or so.

About the eppy - on thing I couldn't get was H's reaction to that 12orhowoldhewas drugdealer. Yes, a kid but still he was selling drugs :rolleyes:

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

*sigh* It's a very bad idea to involve Ausiello for the reasons stated. There comes a time when as fans we have to accept the way things are and move on, in the hope that things might improve to our liking. With these kinds of issues, Ausiello just stirs gossip and it can potentially make things worse and very awkward for those involved.

While I wholeheartedly agree that someone has used very poor judgement, it's important we don't start a flame war here by insulting people. Let's just hope the show doesn't suffer because of this.

Also, this is the episode review/discussion thread. It is not a place to keep venting week after week about the lack of H/Calleigh screentime. It is not considerate to other members of this Board, who just want to come in here and read about the episode. It's actually very offputting to some. If the issue is bugging you, of course mention it, but please keep it brief. Otherwise, the Horatio/Calleigh thread in Shipper Central is the place to post about this. Thank you.

Moving on....please.

14. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

This looks good, not as good as last week did tho. I believe I saw Ryan in a tshirt. can' wait for that. hee.

15. crimekat

crimekat Hit and Run

Didn't DC and Kim play on NYPD Blue together until DC left in the 2nd Season.

I loved the interogation scenes between Calleigh and Rick. I like the one where Rick comes in and says something like, it is not going to help if you keep lying to me. Calleigh says lying, I have not lied once. Rick says are you sure you did not have 6 and Calleigh is like they are not mine.