Episode #606: 'Sunblock' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Overall a decent episode. It's about time Wolfe got his job back. As for the Cal/Jake thing, end it already, she need's a nice sensitive sweet guy like me not a %&^ like Jake

Where to start... I know! With a numbered list!

1. The solar eclipse. I don't know where to start... how about with this quote from NASA'S site on eye safety during an eclipse:

Do not attempt to observe the partial or annular phases of any eclipse with the naked eye. Failure to use appropriate filtration may result in permanent eye damage or blindness!

No, shading your eyes with your hand or wearing regular shades is not considered appropriate filtration.

2. Pike (the killer) lived in the bloody penthouse. Given the speed the eclipse occured at, how did he get down from there, to the side of the pool, to kill the drug-dealer, in that amount of time? Did he have a Bat-pole in his penthouse?

3. I wish they'd elaborated a little bit on why he chose to frame the cabana boy for the murders.

4. Ryan's back! Cool! Kinda hoping they did it with a little more heroics, though.

5. Yeah, I know the last five minutes were partially a commercial for the artist and the song "Gravity", but honestly; who has conversations at that speed?

6. The Callie and Jake moments. I'm gonna need a scorecard at this rate. Or, more caffiene when I'm watching.

7. It's legal to have a wolf for a pet in Miami?

8. Horomones don't change your DNA. I don't care if they came from wolf embryos - an organism's DNA is fixed at conception, and no horomone is going to change one species to another. Unless I'm wrong.

9. That computer system in the lab. Dade must be a REALLY rich county. Like, "cut of the drug and smuggling profit" rich.

Anyway, still enjoying the show, even if this week was Valera-free. :(

Well I didn't like the episode very much. The plot itself was okay but there were also a few things that really annoyed me.

For one Horatio's cheesy lines, I got a frickin' overdose watching this episode. I'm usually never annoyed with him but this time I was.

Than Ryan suddenly gets reinstated? Why? Because H put in a good word for him? :s

And what is with the computersystem that Samantha is constantly using? Does that thing even excist in real life? And if it did, I'm sure they wouldn't be using that in a police department..

Another thing I found so stupid was in the beginning when the eclipse was nearly complete people were going "What is that?" No offense but are they stupid?

And indeed if you want to watch an eclipse you gotta wear special eye protection..

Okay and I want to end on a positive note.

What a sweet car was Pike driving! ME WANT! :D

The scene between Sam/Ryan was sweet. It was kinda like the scene between him and Calleigh in "Rio".

Horatio smiled! TWICE! :D

I don't know I really have mixed feelings about this epi.. it just had so many "dumb" parts..

1. There hasn't been a total eclipse in Miami for hundreds of years... yet when one is expected it get's no advance media coverage??? I mean it's not something that just happens out of the blue..

2. Ryan running into the lab like a little puppy.. guess who's back??? I'm GLAD he's back... just think it could have been done in a little better fashion..
Re: it's in his blood comment... wasn't Ryan's father a policeman?? I thought that's what H was referring to.. he comes from a long line of law enforcement..

3. Not sure about Alexx & the whole "mojo" thing.. just seemed kind of out of character for her..but nice to see her with more air time..

Not thrilled with the possiblity of a C/J make up either.. another "what was she thinking" moment...

The plot left something to be desired, but the cast made up for that with the acting.

Alexx made me giggle a bit when she was talking about Mojo and taking another soul. And Calleigh taking a stand was amazing!

Jake at the beginning was a total butt, and thankfully picked up on that and did a nice apology at the end.

Ryan, glad he's back and you saved Alexx from the stinky dead guy. And good that he got to start working on the case, would have been nice ot have him in a few mor scenes. Though the scene with H was amazingly powerful. I too am wondering about how it's in his blood.

The eclipse....do people not pay attention in school? Never look directly into one! Make the special light box, although if anyone in Miami was running arounf with a box covered in tin foil would be funny.

Pike...if the eclipse was that short how could he get to the pool that fast? Did he hide in a cape, tunnel though the ground, or run through the sewers?

It was nice to see Calleigh forgive Eric for it, since he didn't do it on purpose. Jake was a bit of a jerk, but then again I'm not a fan of Jake so if he treats the other characters badly it makes me want him to be the next victum.

I liked it overall, giving it an 8/10. It would have been a 9 if Ryan was out in the field!

GunsNRoses259 said:
This was funny. Ryan has his job back. I'm so happy. I want to know the meaning to "it's in his blood" That's the second time I've heard it. Once in season 3 when he got his jon and tonight when he got his job back. Hopefuly they will explain more in the season later.

I thought Horatio meant that Ryan was born to be a CSI, he's good at what he does and wanted Ryan to know that they are here for him. I wish Horatio would call him Ryan, he's done it before but only a few times!

I am glad that Alexx is getting more to do, she needs a bigger role

I enjoyed this episode. That guy with the wolf hormones was crazy as hell and I ain't gonna lie I thought he was the killer but was wrong. He did have some features of an animal though. Alexx and Calleigh scene was a fave of mine of this ep. Eric and Cal's scene was my overall favorite so the shipper in me was pleased there for I won't get into detail. I'm not a Ryan fan but the scene with him and Sam was so cute I just had to admit it. Also the Ryan and Alexx scenes were nice too. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Eric was so sweet when he told Calleigh if it was him, he would've switched to night shift, these two belong together! Get Jake out of the picture!

I thought the guy with the wolf hormones was the killer two, that part freaked me out when he was lying on the floor and suddenly opened his eyes. I thought he was dead, but he wasn't!

shortea, you can read the summary and review of last week's episode here at CSI Files. I hope that helps. :)

I thought the episode was ok. Calleigh got over being mad at Jake fast. The part when they were talking with the guy with the wolf hormones and he was discussing them, I found myself thinking "If Speedle were there, he would be saying a smarta** comment right about now!" Thank goodness for Frank. Can always count on him for a smarta** comments. (Miss ya Speedle). And Alexx, OMW, I'm sorry, but I thought she was absolutely hilarious. Glad to see they finally stopped the crap and gave Ryan his job back.
What is with the new girl Sam? And her job is suppose to be?????? I found that new computer stuff, while cool, to be quite annoying after a while.
Oh well, that's my take on it.

Would have to agree with most of what I've seen here today. The episode WAS entertaining. Was it credible? Probably not???? Oh heck just NOT! But it did entertain, which is why I watch...that and the occasional (or not so occasional lately) H/Y fix.

Couple of things...anyone catch that they were chasing a wolf with a Wolfe???? As in Ryan.... snrk... he should have been able to sniff that story out all by himself.

And Alex and the mojo crud...give me a break. Really forced acting there Kandy. And her line about her grandmother being into astrology and that if someone dies a violent death during an eclipse, they have to take a soul back with them or not be able to rest in peace. What? Is that astrology Alex or VooDoo. Either way...it was sooo contrived and hokey....Writers...for believability...you can do better. Did like the twists and turns though and was really shocked at who the killer really was. Having him expose himself to the sunlight was a good move to throw us off track but yeah...exactly how did he get down to the pool to kill that druggie and back to his penthouse before the eclipse was done AND not get noticed by anyone. Oh yea...Its Miami...they can do ANYTHING!
And just wondering what the take is on Jake and Calleigh. Are they toying with getting back together? I kind of got the feeling that maybe they are just pretending to be split up to keep IA off of their backs. Either way....I'm just not feeling the love here. Have a great day and Happy Halloween.

i thought this ep lacked alot of things. to me it just felt like it was dragging on and on . the only part that was pretty cool is when calleigh and eric were talking and that she told him that he was sweet. also ryan is back !!!! lol

I was under the impression that Jake and Calleigh were "taking a break" for real, not just pretending to keep IA off their backs.

But found it a tad annoying that for being the one who initially suggested the "break", Jake sure was acting like a pissy little beeotch. If he's going to play the badass with calling the shots, turning into a whiny little girl just cause Calleigh isn't crying in her soup over him (even if THAT is a front) just makes him look like a bigger idiot. I kind of like how she just said "okay then" and went on with things when he suggested a break. That's how I perceived things.

Lucy said:
shortea, you can read the summary and review of last week's episode here at CSI Files. I hope that helps. :)

Thanks it does!!

And I like to add my thought to the Cali and
Jake talk.
I won't be sad if they stay apart!!

Back