Episode #606: 'Sunblock' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oh yes, 'Hell Night'. Must have slipped my mind. :) Thanks for the refresher, mjszud.

At any rate, I hope to either be creeped out or interested as this episode plays out. It's good to see that Alexx may have a substantial role in this one.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is about time Alexx got something to do. I thought last week was a major step up for her; hopefully this week will be too.

Idk about being creeped out but I hope it is interesting as far as halloween eps go...last year's definately was ;)

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Tonight's episode was good. I am glad Ryan finally has his job back! I am glad Calleigh is not mad at Eric, it was an accident but it doesn't look like it is over between her and Jake just yet.

4. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Imagine my excitement when I hear M.I.A.'s "Boyz" to open this episode. I have been telling everyone at the radio station that I work at that this song was bound to end up on this show.

5. Wolfefangirl

Wolfefangirl Dead on Arrival

Gah... Seeing I have school tommarow, I have to watch it On Demand... Oh well... I GET TO SEE MORE OF SEXY RYAN!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'll add the rest of my thoughts a bit later but did it seem like they were setting it up to create new opening credits? No? Okay. :lol: Wishful thinking on my part I suppose.

I actually laughed quite a few times during this episode--not because of the idiocy that normally accompanies CSI:Miami as of late but because there some really good lines. Tripp, I love you. It was great to see Khandi given a bigger part, it's nice to get to know the characters again.

Overall plot was good, but lacking in the explanation area. How did Delko know to open the morgue drawer? I guess it isn't the biggest issue.

I'm still curious as to why Ryan "has it in his blood" as Horatio put it. They brought it up in season three, but was it explained?

7. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

This was funny. Ryan has his job back. I'm so happy. I want to know the meaning to "it's in his blood" That's the second time I've heard it. Once in season 3 when he got his jon and tonight when he got his job back. Hopefuly they will explain more in the season later.

8. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

NO. They have not explained why "it's in his blood." It looked like they were very close to explaining why Ryan has it in his blood, but nope.. Ryan looked like he had his tonque tied. It also looked like he was very close to saying to Horatio, "Please stop calling me Mr. Wolfe. It's Ryan." I can dream, right?

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Finally the guy gets his job back! I thought they would never get around to that. They put him through hell and back. Thought it was great that Alexx was the first person he went to and the scene with Sam was cute.

The ep pretty good...who the hell would want to inject themselves with Wolf DNA? What is the point? Go smoke some canibus and call it a day, seriously :lol:

10. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this epsiode was a good halloween epsiode. I am glad that Calligh not mad at Eric and i am so so so happy that Ryan got his job back (woo hoo) now we Ryan fans get to see more of that hotness and sexyness and i am trying to figure out what H meant when he told Ryan "it's in your blood", and i loved the Ryan and H moment don't see them that much. Overall the espiode was great and next week looks real good can't wait

11. Kerosene

Kerosene Witness

When he said "its in your blood" I'm thinking that he was talking about his gambling addiction. I am also wondering if there is addiction in Ryan's family history.

12. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

(Copy-pasted from EC thread with minor edits to remove ship parts, but I'm pretty sure I did a bad job of it.)

Recap with +/- system:

- Jake's vests are back UGH.

- Jake's existence.

- Jake.

+ Calleigh dismissing Jake at the beginning of the episode.

+ Alexx's obsession with mojo and her interaction with Calleigh. I'm so glad she got more to work with than How To Speak To The Dead 101.

+ Eric is the sweetest guy ever. I just want to take him home and do naughty things with him, but I think [insert whoever you ship Eric with here] would dismember me and I can't do naughty things without limbs (well, let's not go there, please).

+ "If it were me, I would've transferred to night shift." So damn sweet I got cavities. Calleigh should've said something more than, "That's sweet." Newsflash, Calleigh:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't make this. Blame the shitty photoshop job on someone else.

+ Thank God Ryan got his damn job back. I don't think I could take any more of his BOO HOO LYF SUX emo bullshit. And Alexx was brilliant with him, too.

+ Ryan/Sam is totally cute. Who's with me? "Okay, let's start over. Hi, my name is Ryan Wolfe." CUTE.

+ We got to see non-boring Sam. She's snazzy. I like her.

- I don't really know what the case was about, but I'm pretty sure "Kill Zone" called and said that it wants its plotline back. "I hate people who move too much!" "I hate people who don't move enough!" Break. Gimme a.

- I'm not sure why TPTB continue to make Calleigh out to be a lovesick idiot, but there's no way the old Calleigh would've given Jake a third chance. What was that all about? I almost expected season 2 Calleigh to pop out and kick season 6 Calleigh's ass and rip Jake's arm off and eat it. Minus the eating it because that's sick. Yes, they have history, but basing a relationship on history is like peeking in the toilet after you've taken a dump: you know it's gonna be shit. Really terrible metaphor (actually, it's a simile) aside, wake up, Calleigh! I don't even care if my ship doesn't happen, but Jake is turning Calleigh into somebody she's not. She's not "more human" or "old Calleigh"; she's just a pansy.

- Horatio. Please just off yourself for the good of the show. Take a speech therapy class or learn circular breathing or just formulate a whole sentence without making dramatic pauses that makes the camera pan to your face for longer than 3 seconds and makes Lucy (that's me) go into an epileptic frenzy. I convulse. Seriously.

13. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I thought tonight's episode was decent - much more inter-character play than normal, which was cool - I liked that Jake, Cal and Eric were in a scene working a case, that was cool. And then Cal, Eric and Nat were in the same scene. And Frank had a nice part, and Alexx - well her scenes were awesome. Ryan was sooo cute when he was like, "Hey Alexx, guess who got reinstated!!" I just wanted to hug the guy.

OK, so Horatio - dude, seriously, what the hell is going on with you, man? Was he almost crying at the end of that episode? What the hell? Dude, you're gonna die alone b/c you're isolating your team and becoming withdrawn and stilted and cold and ... OK I'm gonna stop now.

Jake and Cal - saw a bit more chemistry in this episode. Weird that she's still seeing him, since he's still acting like an ass - TPTB are NOT explaining this well or fitting it into her character at all. I wanna see kick-ass Calleigh back, not this love triangle crap.

Eric and Cal - sweet, but kinda too sweet. "I woulda switched to nights" Umm..I don't think you would, Eric, b/c that would mean leaving your homeboy H all alone, since you're the only one he chases the bad guys with. Seriously, if push came to shove, I do not believe for a second that Eric would transfer off the team - I love Eric, but I always keep in mind that he's a playa...

Oh, the quote from Horatio where he told Ryan, "It's in your blood," I think that was a reference to "Under the Influence," when Horatio told Calleigh that it was "in his [Ryan's] blood". The "it," I'm assuming, is being a CSI or a cop or criminalist or whatever. It's in his blood to be a CSI, cause he can't do anything else, apparently, as TPTB so painfully showed us ... ughhh. Poor Ryan.

Speaking of "Under the Influence" and Horatio talking to Calleigh ... oh yea, that's right, Horatio and Calleigh don't talk anymore. As a matter of fact, they don't even call each other anymore. I bet they don't text or email either. Are they even on the same freakin' show??? By my count, that'd be 15 episodes and counting since they've interacted (or 22 episodes if you disregard that 5-second bit in "Man Down", which I do...) No matter who you ship, you gotta admit that's WEIRD. I've been going "WTF" for nearly a year now. (I know they're supposedly gonna have a scene together next week, but we'll see if it's another "Man Down" deal - this is just getting rediculous.)

Anyhow, I did like the interplay between most of the cast (some much-needed lighter moments) and the crime kept me guessing. (They seriously need to stop casting people from 7th Heaven, though - they're creeping me out!)

What did everyone else think?

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Why are people looking DIRECTLY INTO THE ECLIPSE AND WHY DID IT HAPPEN IN .4 SECONDS?!

Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

15. Delko_Lover07

Delko_Lover07 Dead on Arrival

It was over-all a good episode, even though a few things..made me question it. haha.
    And the ending is building up everyone for the relationship to take a tumble and fall down hill. [The Calleigh/Jake Relationship].
    It's clearly meant to fail..
    Delko has always been the one. =)