Episode # 515 "Man Down" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Well said Pusher. :)

This episode was just...Blah and unrealistic. Alright, I get it, Clavo is a rebel without a cause, and he was doomed from the beginning. Except he's the only real bad guy I ever liked, and they kill him in the dumbest way possible. Broad daylight with a bunch of cops standing around. Didn't they know it was a suicide mission for mister Cruz? Like was said, H could have got him in the shoulder instead of killing him. There are more ways to stop people than to kill them, really. :rolleyes:

And obviously whoever wrote the episode didn't understand Clavo's character. He's an arrogant coward, not a cowboy. I would have thought he'd run, not end it all and Horatio wins. He's just not that kind of person to let his nemises win, no matter how troubled and complex they made him seem. It just didn't work.

Now, with Eric, that was probably the only interesting part of the episode for me. And it was still a big blah fest. There was great acting by everyone from what they were given but, a poorly written episode in it's entirety.

And the cut scene from Macaulay jewelers annoyed me.

Good point though -- Loved Calleigh in the episode. :)

dedmousie, you could always visit the Music Forum here at TalkCSI. Someone there might be able to help you out a little faster. :)

I thought the whole ep was totally moving and the Clavo face off at the end....was awesome! As much as I love Clavo's character I'm glad he is dead! Dude was crazy in the end :lol:

Ok, did anyone else like totally get spooked when the doctor shoved the needle into Eric's chest he sat up looking all zombie like? His eyes totally freaked me and my cousin out. She was like 'holy shit I thought his eyes were going to pop out!'

Overall, Calleigh's perfromance was awesome....they finally gave Emily something to sink her teeth into as far as using her emotions goes. Ryan on the other hand, everything seemed forced and vastly overacted.

I'm interested to see where they take Eric's storyline now and how it will affect everyone in the long run. It was great episode and totally worth the wait. I truly felt for Eric when he asked for his dead sister, not once but twice. Adam did a great with his part in this one.

Re: Episode # 515 "Man Down" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Eee, I like this episode. Miami requires a bit more suspension of disbelief than the other two shows in the series, but there's a fairly entertaining payoff for all that, so I'm willing to forgive. Mostly.

Did it bug anyone else that Natalia doesn't seem to believe in rubber gloves? Almost every scene she was in, all I could think was, "Stoppit! You're leaving prints on that car! You could be wiping trace off that diamond! Put some gloves on! What the hell kind of scientist are you?" But maybe that's just me.

And hooray for mentions of Marisol! (no Speedle, though, unfortunately ;_; ) I didn't much like her stint on the show last season (it could have been much better than it ended up being with better writing, I think), but I'm a sucker for continuity. I was also kind of disappointed there weren't any scenes with the Delko parents, but c'est la vie. I didn't expect any. I'm kind of curious what that means for Eric's character, however, if his parents do end up being pissed at Horatio. Because I know from experience that there's nothing harder than having one person you love angry at another person you love, particularly if it's family. Then again, he's probably got enough problems being brain damaged, poor boy, so I doubt the writers are going to go down this little plot avenue. I'm curious what the brain damage might mean for his character, too, though. I could easily see an episode where his memory problems totally screw over a case, and the rest of the cast tries to cover for him. I guess kind of like Ryan's eye thing last season.

And how's Eric supposed to be up and walking around next episode, anyway? In case the writers forgot, he got shot in the leg, too. So regardless of what's going on with his head, he should be on crutches at the very least. Him showing up to work next episode is kind of Wile E. Coyote of him anyway. Get an anvil to the head and be up and running next scene.

I was also kind of amused by Horatio and Clavo's Showdown at High Noon in the OK Corral (or Showdown at 3:30 in the Parking Lot of the Police Department, in any case). I was waiting for them to stand back-to-back, then take ten paces and turn and shoot each other. And someone needs to teach Horatio first aid for gunshot victims, because that's the third time in two episodes he's stood there and stared at someone who'd just been shot, like he's expecting his intense gaze to staunch the bleeding, or something. Put pressure on the wound, H!

Also, favorite line from the episode:
"You ruined his life!"
"Miss Gibson, Clavo is a big boy who ruined his own life."

Re: Episode # 515 "Man Down" Found the Song!

I felt a little disappointed........

The doctors said they had been working on Delko for 10 minutes so they decided to pronounce him dead. Then when Calleigh tries to find out what's happening she's told it's been 11 minutes and they still have 5 minutes in which to save him.

Surely after they pronounce someone as dead, then that's it, end of.......

Also, H was very irritating.

Tripp: Do you think the General's in trouble
H: I doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wish Caruso would spend less time on his delivery and less time shifting his stance, but then again we'd only have 15 minute episodes........

I for one would have liked Clavo to get away somehow and bring him back later, perhaps in the next season trying to get the ultimate revenge on H and Delko getting to save H but that's it.

Oh well. It gets an A- from me.

Last nights show was so absolutley amazing. I can't even explain how upset I was when they called out Eric's TOD at the begining. I LITERALLY teared up. Is it pathetic that I feel like I have a connection with fictional characters. lol, nah, I suppose I am in the right place.
HOWEVER- I thought it was a bit inconsistant with Horatio's skill level last night when Clavo had the time to SHOOT HIS "would be" father in the stomach THEN run away on foot while Horation was right there, gun pointed at him, and there were several other officers at the scene. I mean HOW MANY TIMES has Hortatio shot someone in less than a millisecond with his almost superhero quality of being in unexpected places (IE-right behind the perp when they least expect it, or shooting the gun out of somones hand the very second they pull the trigger when WE had no idea he was anywhere around) It just seemed UNBELIEVABLE that Clavo not only shot the man who raised him without getting fired at but had the time to flee on foot.

SO HERE IS MY MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION AND I CONNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE ON THE NET!

Last night at the begining of the show when Eric Delco was laying in his hospital bed, everyone was coming into visit him, when Cal gave him a cross, everyone took turns holding his hand, so on so forth.. WELL THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW! IT IS KILLING ME!!!

A beautiful haunting song was playing through the montage. I loved it so much I would be on my way to go buy the CD right now or DL it BUT I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT ANYTHING ABOUT IT! I can't remember the lyrics...NADA!

DID ANYONE RECOGNIZE IT? This seriously would be so helpful.

I will be checking up but my Yahoo mess is on-marenmaybe
and my email is maren.daphne@gmail.com

PLEASE HELP!

I do admit I too have shed a little tear for my dear Eric.

Haha. And so I've heard in the next ep. he's back in the feild again??

From "No Man's Land" to last night's episode, I didn't read a single spoiler for the episode. I didn't want to know what happened to my Delko. Sure it was eating me up it side but when it aired, I was crying like a lil baby. (Poor Eric) I cried more when he thougth his sister was still alive. (Poor Delko.)

Hey does Horatio Caine ever lose it? Will he ever shed a tear? He gets pretty annoying like that!
The last epi was good but this one was just absurd!

i watched this epy last night. i liked eric but man i cried when he died!! im not sure who all are talking about clavo? im confused when it comes to watching miami. thats y i prefer las vegas.

Here's my two cents:

Suicide is a cowardly way to die – Clavo lost everything this time – forcing H to shoot him absolved him of the responsibility of his previous actions. (Before anyone jumps on me about my opinion of suicide – I had an Aunt who did it so I speak from experience. My Father died of lung cancer a few years back and when I think of how hard he fought to live and wanted to still be of this earth, I no longer have the empathy I used to have for some suicide victims.) H did not ruin Clavo’s life – Clavo did that himself with the choices he made. H simply exposed him for what he was.

I’m disappointed that the writers had to give Eric a head injury to show us he mourns for Marisol. What now? He’ll be superman and have a complete recovery so that he can continue his job? They could have given him a serious wound somewhere else and made it just as interesting.

I too enjoyed H's interactions with Clavo - he will be missed.

I was entertained but I had higher expectations. (Could be a guilty conscious as I blew off studying last night to watch it!!!)

Wow. I can't believe I just came on here to find 4.5 pages of new posts in this thread :lol:

midnight_tiptoes said:
I thought everyone's reactions were completely in character. Alexx is the hopeless optimistic and the mommy. She's the one who stayed at the hospital the whole time, going over Eric's file. She's a doctor, and I thought that she found that scientific comfort zone a nice touch. Calleigh has never been emotional and she never will be. She didn't cry when Speed died. She's never faltered when her father has been around. Her boyfriend shot himself in front of her and she didn't freak out. Calleigh's a rock. Tonight was the most emotional we've ever seen her and may ever see her. I thought her reaction was great. I never thought I'd see Calleigh cry. EP's acting was so wooden in the past couple of seasons that I was worried she wasn't going to bring it but she did. I thought her scenes with Eric and Alexx were beautiful.

To be honest, I was a little miffed by Ryan's reaction. I thought it was overacted, but that's different folks for you. I'm a bigger fan of subtle acting because it's much more complicated and tougher for the actor. Anyone can freak out and start yelling. Not a lot of actors can do the "on the verge of tears but can't cry because I have to be in control all the time" that Emily pulled off.
I couldn't have said it any better myself, so I won't try.

Overall, I'm not sure what I thought of this episode. Parts of it were great. Parts of it seemed almost cheesy to me. Mostly, I'm miffed that I didn't get my Speed flashback.

DragonflyDreamer said:
Wow. I can't believe I just came on here to find 4.5 pages of new posts in this thread :lol:

midnight_tiptoes said:
I thought everyone's reactions were completely in character. Alexx is the hopeless optimistic and the mommy. She's the one who stayed at the hospital the whole time, going over Eric's file. She's a doctor, and I thought that she found that scientific comfort zone a nice touch. Calleigh has never been emotional and she never will be. She didn't cry when Speed died. She's never faltered when her father has been around. Her boyfriend shot himself in front of her and she didn't freak out. Calleigh's a rock. Tonight was the most emotional we've ever seen her and may ever see her. I thought her reaction was great. I never thought I'd see Calleigh cry. EP's acting was so wooden in the past couple of seasons that I was worried she wasn't going to bring it but she did. I thought her scenes with Eric and Alexx were beautiful.

To be honest, I was a little miffed by Ryan's reaction. I thought it was overacted, but that's different folks for you. I'm a bigger fan of subtle acting because it's much more complicated and tougher for the actor. Anyone can freak out and start yelling. Not a lot of actors can do the "on the verge of tears but can't cry because I have to be in control all the time" that Emily pulled off.
I couldn't have said it any better myself, so I won't try.

Overall, I'm not sure what I thought of this episode. Parts of it were great. Parts of it seemed almost cheesy to me. Mostly, I'm miffed that I didn't get my Speed flashback.

Wow you people are fast typers. I go to the main menu and this is the only thread that updates every frakkin two seconds.
Well, I agree about the character. But Ryan is the only one (besides Eric, and he didn't have the ability to do so) who would flip out, and it wasn't a huge yelling thing. He was speaking soft, and his words were like poison daggers. I loved when he said. "You shot my friend." and "you put a bullet in his brain." Ryan was great in my opinion. He's evolving into more of a real CSI, and maybe he's finally found his place. Still, I'm super-pissed about no Speed flashback. We didn't need to see what happened last week! EVERYONE saw last week! We could have had a Speed thing...*sigh* Stupid writers. :mad:

All I have to say is whether or not you thought the show was good 19.9 million people tuned in last night!!! It beat NBC's Studio 60 by 13.3 million viewers!

The episode was great from every facet and it can't be said enough. Shows pull out all the stops for sweeps but the writers last night went above and beyond IMO. Now, I just hope they keep some of that up and finish the season out as strong as they do sweeps!

Wow that's a lotta people!

I hated that Kathy bitch. She ACTUALLY thought that Clavo would run away with her! Man. Ticks me off how most women act. (Not that YOU guys do :lol: )

I love how they got the blood diamond history on there. That was good.

That french diamond selling chick looks familier. I think've seen her before...

Anyone know about the next episode 'Broken Home'? Let's get a spoiler thread going on about it.

Back