Episode # 515 "Man Down" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I couldn't record the whole episode, only to the part of the face-off between Clavo and Horatio, between the General. No not TiVo, just a VCR and DVD burner thingy. I barely know how to work it. :lol:

I'm gonna miss Clavo's daddy. He always called H Leiutenant, and H always called him General. I'm gonna miss him, he was a nice, polite, fair-minded man.

Lost Son caps - outside and inside of the store. Still fighting with my computer to spit out caps of Man Down (Darn iTunes files not being compatible with anything >_< *shakes fist*) The outside looks the same, but the inside doesn't.

EDIT: Ah-ha-ha, got it! That's the outside of the store in Man Down. And the inside.

AHAH! Told ya- (well, most everyone agreed...)
Thanks for those caps. The lighting is diff, as well as the lettering, but the cars are like exactly the same, as well as the building itslef. So maybe they re-shot it, or used the same clip and edited the lighting and lettering. Whichever, it was cheapo. Thanks SharonToggle for those caps. :)

Dang that's cheep. The same car is out front too. More recycled footage. So cheep.

I noticed something before that I forget to mention. Why does Clavo sound like he has a Southern accent sometimes. It's just weird; I kept hearing it when he talked. :lol:

You're welcome :3

I don't think it's cheap, I think it's a shoutout to the fanbase, because they probably knew we'd be obsessive enough to make the connection XD

The lighting is different because they're two different-quality videos from different sources, though maybe it was something they did intentionally in post-production. I'm not sure.

Thanks for the screen caps SharonToggle, at first I thought I was seeing things, so it's good to know I wasn't. :)

Lost Son caps - outside and inside of the store. Still fighting with my computer to spit out caps of Man Down (Darn iTunes files not being compatible with anything >_< *shakes fist*) The outside looks the same, but the inside doesn't.

EDIT: Ah-ha-ha, got it! That's the outside of the store in Man Down. And the inside.

Even the same CAR outside? That's terrible! Well, they probably expected no one to notice it, but they underestimated our (the fans} power!

Guys, look carefully at the pic 'got it!', aka, the outside of the store in Man Down. Notice anything weird about the sky?

Hey - thanks for the picture comparison - I was totally shouting "That's where Speedle got shot!" when they went into the store - My dad was like, "Huh? You're totally obsessed..." And when Ryan went in the store, I said, "I hope you cleaned your gun, Wolfe, cause your predecessor ended up dead here ..."
I was convinced they were gonna do a Speedle flashback there with H - maybe have some continuity - two and a half years after Speedle's demise, H comes full circle, with another man down (Eric, Speed's best friend), only this time, he makes things right. I think that could've been really powerful b/c the whole Speedle thing was never resolved. For instance, in CSI:NY, when one of their own went down, they met after work, reminisced, and toasted the person - that was an awesome scene, and I was hoping for something like that to happen after this ep - except Eric would be alive, and maybe he'd toast Speed and Marisol or something - OK, that sounds really cheesey and lame, but it worked on CSI:NY!
Anyhow, no Speedle :( - I wonder if the writers will ever tell us about why that happened. They know how big of a fan base he still has even after all these years after his "death" on the show.
Also, as a sidebar, I really don't like Natalia - she's annoying, and taking away from the characters I like. And what the heck is she doing going into a room where Clavo might be hiding with NO GUN??? I mean, this is a dangerous guy - why isn't Cal there instead? Weird.
Oh, and while I'm at it - when did Ryan and Eric become so close? I mean, Ryan was all "You shot my friend!" but, hello, Eric does not like you, dude. He thinks you're a weenie. Get over it. LOL. (Don't get me wrong, I like Ryan, but seriously, he was way more upset over Eric than Eric was over Speedle. Did that make any sense?)
I miss the days of Speed - where they were a team and joked around and were much happier. I bet the characters miss it too LOL.

No, I would like to stuff Kathy and the skinny-ass security gaurd into his f'ing car, key it up, spray paint it purple, and have H, Cal, Ryan and Eric drive it into a canal, then go drink beers. THAT would make for good television. (Ok, I'm joking)

Haha, sounds like a plan. Hmm, we should add that stupid ass Diamond store lady who used those poor kids. I should make a hit-list of people I hate and that I want to kill. Hmm, kinda sad that everyone on my hit list consists of only fictional characters. :rolleyes: (I'm not insane guys, I'm prefectly normal ;))

when did Ryan and Eric become so close? I mean, Ryan was all "You shot my friend!" but, hello, Eric does not like you, dude. He thinks you're a weenie. Get over it. LOL.

well, after the season 4 episode, "Nailed", Ryan and Eric start to become closer. They're friends now, not as great of friends as Speed and Eric were, or Calleigh and Eric are, but they're still friends. They do get along now. Plus, they're the Hardy Boys :D ;) :lol:

Hunter said:
Guys, look carefully at the pic 'got it!', aka, the outside of the store in Man Down. Notice anything weird about the sky?
o_O Weird... that seems to be a very specific cloud formation, there.

Also, on a completely different note, I just rewatched the episode, and it's seeming more and more like Clavo has some sort of weirdo crush on Horatio XD;; I mean, what did he actually need the million dollars for, other than an excuse to push Horatio around? And think about the sniper security guard guy, he had a clear shot of both Horatio and Delko, yet he only shoots Delko. Maybe Clavo gave him instructions not to hurt H? And the scene with Clavo's father (well, the General, I mean), that whole "That's what I love about you, Caine!" exchange? And Clavo wanting Horatio, and no one else, to be the one who kills him? Both of the episodes in this two-parter seem like they're about Clavo being some kind of petulant kid, like he's just acting out to get Horatio's attention.

Seriously, though, what did Clavo need that million for? I mean, he's got tons of guns and a few loyal henchmen, not to mention a ton of diamonds squirrelled away in the consulate, so what's he need Horatio to get his million dollars for? Unless that whole thing was more about power than it was about the money.

I think it was more about power. Before Horatio came along, Clavo was very well off- he had his rich daddy, his loving mummy, his brother, his grilfriends, his moeny, his boats, his immunity- he had the dream life. then he goes and messes up BIG time, and someone gets him for it when no one has been able to do that. H really pissed him off- he disowned him from his family, and ruined his life.

Now, I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, but over the years i bet Clavo realized H is kinda like him- he has power. And the thing he lied about H was that he took on the fight Clavo wanted to put up. That's what kep Clavo going- he wanted to show H who's boss. And he did- he forced H to hand over a million bucks. And then when he comitted suiicde- it had to be H, the only guy he could compete with, to do it. I don't know why he needed the money, except for the power.

Hope that helps. :)

Was anyone besides me bothered by that camera effect they kept using? It was a kind of reflection or glare that would sweep across and dissolve. I noticed it mainly in the jewelry store, but it was back at the CSI building, too.

Back