Episode #514 "No Man's Land" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

was the shot like a sniper thing or wasit just a ricochette ... sry i dont kno how to spell.... but i was just curious, becuase if it was just a bounce off then it coudlnt have been that bad but then again it him on the neck so nvm lol

Well, depending on the type of gun they had the shooter probably could have easily shot through the car to hit Eric, but that seems like it might be a somewhat stupid course of action given that Horatio, the presumed target of the attack, was standing out in the open when Eric was shot, but hey, whatever. Maybe the shooter's a really bad shot. Might explain why they kept hitting Eric when they were presumably aiming for Horatio. (And besides, if you get shot in the head by that kind of heavy artillery, you are not going to live.)

Man, if I were the Delko parents, I would hate Horatio. First he starts dating their terminally ill daughter, then he supports her going off her life-saving (or at least life-prolonging) chemo in order to have his baby, then they have a hasty wedding and don't invite the family, and a day or two later the poor girl gets shot by Horatio's enemies, and after that Horatio drags their (only) son off to God-knows-where to do God-knows-what (I doubt Eric would have filled his parents in about the specifics of the Brazil trip), and THEN, after all of that, poor Eric gets shot too. Again, by people who were after Horatio.

Loosing a child is every parent's worst nightmare, but to loose one and then be in danger of loosing another within the course of a year or two? Because of the same man? A man that (it seems like) they hardly know? I think it'd be a really interesting (and realistic) twist to see them blaming Horatio for Eric's wounding and Marisol's death. I seriously doubt that that will happen, but it would be interesting to see how Horatio would react to that, nonetheless.

In any case, if the next episode goes by without anyone mentioning Marisol, I'm going to be annoyed. Even if it's just Eric waking up from his near-death experience and saying "Hey, H. Mari says 'hi'."

SharonToggle said:
Well, depending on the type of gun they had the shooter probably could have easily shot through the car to hit Eric, but that seems like it might be a somewhat stupid course of action given that Horatio, the presumed target of the attack, was standing out in the open when Eric was shot, but hey, whatever. Maybe the shooter's a really bad shot. Might explain why they kept hitting Eric when they were presumably aiming for Horatio. (And besides, if you get shot in the head by that kind of heavy artillery, you are not going to live.)

Man, if I were the Delko parents, I would hate Horatio. First he starts dating their terminally ill daughter, then he supports her going off her life-saving (or at least life-prolonging) chemo in order to have his baby, then they have a hasty wedding and don't invite the family, and a day or two later the poor girl gets shot by Horatio's enemies, and after that Horatio drags their (only) son off to God-knows-where to do God-knows-what (I doubt Eric would have filled his parents in about the specifics of the Brazil trip), and THEN, after all of that, poor Eric gets shot too. Again, by people who were after Horatio.

Loosing a child is every parent's worst nightmare, but to loose one and then be in danger of loosing another within the course of a year or two? Because of the same man? A man that (it seems like) they hardly know? I think it'd be a really interesting (and realistic) twist to see them blaming Horatio for Eric's wounding and Marisol's death. I seriously doubt that that will happen, but it would be interesting to see how Horatio would react to that, nonetheless.

In any case, if the next episode goes by without anyone mentioning Marisol, I'm going to be annoyed. Even if it's just Eric waking up from his near-death experience and saying "Hey, H. Mari says 'hi'."

I know this is terrible, but I just about died laughing at this. I think he should have a message for Speedle too, just to make H feel extra guilty.

"Hey H, Speedle says he never liked you anyway."

I'd also REALLY like to see the Delkos go after H. Just that concept has me spraying tea all over my monitor. I think they should sue. And then stalk him. They can warn all potential dates about the curse of H.

Gods, I am a bad bad fan, aren't I?

I don't think you are bad fan and to be honest if I were the Delkos I'd be a little upset with H too. I mean he marries their daughter and she gets shot b/c of him and then their only son also gets shot and H is with him.

I think you are being realistic and sometimes realism comes out in a comedic form but it won't happen in the show but it real life I could totally see it happening!!

I'm an H lover, but I have to agree with SharonToggle, Silencer and delkolover on the fact that the Delko family probably has it out for H. Just the fact that Marisol didn't even tell them that she was marrying H would be enough for me...their little girl got married without them to a man much older than she and she probably didn't know that much about him, despite what she told Eric.
To add to the pain of Marisol's death caused by the Noche's distaste for Horatio, their son almost dies because the same exact man had another person out for his demise because H did his job and screwed them over (not to say Clavo didn't deserve to go to prison...). Sure H was trying to pull Eric to safety, but unfortunately there was another sniper that H didn't shoot fast enough who got a 'good shot' in.
H, I love you to death and all, but come on man, you gotta stop making people mad to the point where the Delkos pay for it :D

Delko's parents should let their lawyer handle their case. They might not be too safe being close to H.

I leave the topic for a day and now everyone thinks that H is bad? C'mon guys, be realistic. And anyways, putting lawyers against H? Heh, good luck. He'll scare the shit out of them.

But i don't think Eric got shot in the head. That's almost certain death. But if it was through the car...maybe. Just maybe.

Hey I saw previews for Mondays ep &
it looks like Clavos daddy is on there & Clavo is out for revenge. Looked pretty good.
edited to add spoiler code

katpin, I have placed a spoiler code in your post, as that's information about Monday's episode. ;)

Thanks for the info. :)

I don't think Horatio is bad, I just think that the Delko parents would think that Horatio is bad. People usually don't think quite logically when it comes to their kids. I know I'd be pissed at Horatio if Marisol and Eric were my kids.

Silencer said:I know this is terrible, but I just about died laughing at this. I think he should have a message for Speedle too, just to make H feel extra guilty.

"And Raymond says you better step off his wife." XD

All I've got to say is, Calleigh better watch out. She's the only main cast member that hasn't been shot or killed or written off the show or kidnapped or had a nail in her eye or been in an abusive relationship yet. Look out, Calleigh!

SharonToggle said:
I don't think Horatio is bad, I just think that the Delko parents would think that Horatio is bad. People usually don't think quite logically when it comes to their kids. I know I'd be pissed at Horatio if Marisol and Eric were my kids.

Silencer said:I know this is terrible, but I just about died laughing at this. I think he should have a message for Speedle too, just to make H feel extra guilty.

All I've got to say is, Calleigh better watch out. She's the only main cast member that hasn't been shot or killed or written off the show or kidnapped or had a nail in her eye or been in an abusive realtionship yet. Look out, Calleigh!

You mean apart from watching Hagen blow his brains out in front of her? Because that's a pretty crappy relationship turn, if you ask me.

But *dies@Raymond* gods, Eric could come back with a list, couldn't he? "We, the undersigned, would like to inform Horatio Caine of our displeasure..." *lol*

And don't get me wrong, I love H, but he's just so... H. :D I bet he'd just charm the Delkos, and they'd turn up dead in a boat or something a week later.

SharonToggle said:

:lol: :lol: Good one!

Yes you are right, parents really don't think logically. They just want to get justice.

All I've got to say is, Calleigh better watch out. She's the only main cast member that hasn't been shot or killed or written off the show or kidnapped or had a nail in her eye or been in an abusive relationship yet. Look out, Calleigh!
You stole what i was going say dammit. :lol:
But she probaly won't get killed, she's a big character. Probably get shot like Eric, maybe even with kevlar.

Guys...back on topic please. I haven't seen any discussion of the actual episode for several posts now. Thanks. :)

Calleigh's been shot before! She was wearing kevlar. And as for bad crap happening to her, she was run off the road, her boyfriend commited suicide inches from her face, her dad's a drunkard, two of her friends were murdered, I could go on. Plus, a lot of bad things have happened around her, that maybe weren't centered around her, but must have affected her quite a bit. Yeah, Calleigh's had enough angst for a while. Like I've said before, along with Eric (and I'd add H, but he's an angst whore so... ;)) she needs to have something nice happen to her and be happy for a while. Oh, and as for the abusive relationships, Hagen kind of grabbed her arm once. Not a huge deal, but still, isn't having to sleep with him abuse enough?

(Sorry, Thumpy, I only saw your post after I finished posting. Back on topic now :))

Back