Episode #514 "No Man's Land" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Sorry I didn't get to this one and I already was there :D *grins sheepishly*
My own little review: (very little)

I love the new seasons of CSIM. When you look at the old and then the new, you see how the older ones were more depressing- the new have brighter (Ok, a little too bright) colors, and more interesting story lines (in my opinion)

I loved Clavo. On the phone, not so much, but in prison he was so brilliant, I was just breathless. His hatred for Horatio really drove the episode, and it was incredible to see H actually do close to what the bad guy asked for. I loved how it was so different- H didn't win in the end.

Adam played Eric's pain beautifully (sorry if I already said this elsewhere), and it helped that he jammed his finger in the gun (when he was rolling around, did anyone else catch him holding his hand?) Still can't believe they used that footage, but it made it all the more believable.

Ryan and Calleigh were great working together- I loved how Ryan was so shaken up about the 11 year old boy, and how Calleigh said "Be a human being!" with the tone to the dad. Wow. And then when Ryan found out it was the brother (who I recognize- really, like maybe he has a twin I went to elementary school with or something) all his anger and revenge for the boy came crashing down and he realized that the world isn't quite as evil as he had thought. It was played amazingly by Jon.

I really liked how H didn't hit the shooter in one shot like usually. He seemed a bit more human (if it's possible), and it made the episode mire realistic. When H ran across the lot to help Eric, I had to yell "I love you Horatio!" Then when he whispered "Eric," I almost cried! The look on his face was painful.

When TO BE CONTINUED flashed across the screen I wanted to strangle someone! I knew it was coming but yet I couldn't fully believe it. I re-watched the end about a million times. Just to hear H say "Eric." It took me hours to fall asleep.

Well, assuming I don't kill myself before Monday, I can't wait to see "Man Down." Especially with the whole debate about what's gonna happen- I've heard a million different things, and that adds to the suspence. I'm not fully spoiled.
(Tell me if this should have been spoiler coded ^. i don't think I gave anything away)

Well there goes my "short" review. :D Can't wait for next week!

Short review....right....

I know, i hate 'To be Continued'! Twice in my life, i was ticked off too much and i punched the tv and broke my ring finger. Then i broke it AND my ring finger the 2nd time! :lol: I have quite a temper, i know.

ClarkF1 said:
I am just writing to "thank" those who posted spoilers about the second half for ruining it.

I think the mods should have a zero-tolerance stance on spoilers regarding future episodes being posted in a specific episode thread.

Spoilers about the episode in question should be in spoiler tags for those who have seen it but posts containing spoilers for future episodes should be removed or moved to a relevant spoiler thread and repeat offenders warned.

I'm afraid I shall have to refrain from reading these threads in future just in case.

Think before you post.

To back up what speed_cochrane said, I'd also like to apologize if you were spoiled regarding next week's episode. As I stated last night, once we realized the oversight we set about adding spoiler code to any post that mentions what happens next week, and everyone was asked to please stop posting spoilers in this thread. We, as mods, are not perfect and oversights do happen sometimes as we both have real lives outside of the board. Again, I do apologize for the oversight.

But as speed_cochrane also pointed out this thread is clearly marked as containing spoilers, so that any discussion of the episode in question (in this case, 'No Man's Land') may be discussed freely without having to use spoiler code or spoiler space.

As I also stated I am completely spoiler free for LV so I know the frustration of being spoiled when you didn't want to be, I'm still upset that I was spoiled regarding certain aspects of 'Grave Danger'. But what I always do is not read the specific episode thread until after I have viewed the episode in question, and even then I have also stumbled upon what I consider to be spoilers for upcoming episodes in those threads as well. While the mods here do make every effort to keep spoilers where they belong, oversights happen, and one of the risks you take when reading a forum like this is that you may possibly get spoiled on upcoming episodes.

Again, I apologize that you were spoiled. :)

okay, okay. I am new to this, so bear with me. I do believe I am about to SCREAM though.. I just got to watch the episode of "No Man's Land" and I can't believe it!!! I'm not sure if he lives or dies, regardless of what the others may say..I actually got on here to see if I could find something out about the next episode.. :) I usually have to tape the episodes because I don't get to stay up and watch them so I'm a little slow at what is going on!

Welcome H_Factor! And to you too Avalia! Hope you enjoy it here!

Yes indeed this was one of the most exciting episodes. Why is that? Well because Eric got shot, twice! The main adreniline pupming part of it was when Eric was lying on the ground, completely motionless, eyes open and eyeballs not moving one bit! (Great acting Adam) And then the stupid TBC end! Well, TBC parts aren't that bad, they leave you on an adreniline rush. But i don't want to break another tv. Or finger.

I agree again this episode brought you back to the episodes of earlier seasons. And I truly hope they continue!

Hehe. Good one Hunter. Which are more expensive, TVs or fingers? :D
ARG so bored. I even wrote another part to my fanfic just to do something Miami related.

So confuzzled. I really want to be spoiled (I'm bad :devil:)
SPOILERS WANTED AT SPOILER LAB. :D
So if Clavo will be 'six feet deep' then maybe it's him Alexx and Frank are helping up in the boat (well not helping up...but you get the picture)

I love the new seasons of CSIM. When you look at the old and then the new, you see how the older ones were more depressing- the new have brighter (Ok, a little too bright) colors, and more interesting story lines (in my opinion)

hehe and what exactly u find more interesting in S5 then S 1-3 story lines ?! the fact that H always save the day, pose near the elevator, and make funny quotes ?! or the fact that all enemy are terrorist or drug/gun dealers?! i barely can discern most of the main characters in Miami now. this have to be crime show not soup character development. what happen with the real and human plot line like 'Dead Woman Walking' or 'Witness To Murder' ?! exactly this type of epis make me love Miami long time ago, but now with irritation and any desire i wait for new epis...with only hope that thing can be back as it use to be in S 1-3 Miami. but i have a lot doubt that we'll see any improvement :rolleyes:

dommyboy, I had added a spoiler code to your post, but then realized you were making a reference to this episode. I've removed the spoiler code. ;) (just in case you were wondering why it says I edited your post)

Painted_Shadow said:

The “fetch me a million dollars” conversation? I about curled up in a ball of glee seeing him order Horatio around. Along with hurting the people he cares about, the way to cut to the quick with Horatio is to take away his authority. He's used to being in charge; more than that he *needs* to be in control. There is nothing he hates more than being puppeteered (see: general disgust with federal authority). You take that away from him, take away his pride, you're one step closer to winning. You also sign your death warrant, but I'm sure it's fun while it lasts. And Clavo is clearly getting off on bending Horatio to his will.

Bank scene: I loved that you could see him the whole time in the bank trying to think of a way to buck that control, only to realize he'd have to play along, at least up to a certain point. Because innocents always come first, so if there's a chance to save that woman, he'll take the risk on letting Clavo escape in the wind and hope he can catch up later. (It's not a total risk, anyway. The teller wasn’t stupid; she added tracers or whatever else they do in hold-up situations) I am just...generally in love with his expression when he nods at the uncertain teller, keeping everything calm and under control despite the fact that something is clearly not right.

OMG you took the words out of my mouth. This quote in particular. Right on.

I too loved this episode and cannot wait until next week.

I'm new here but have watched Miami from the beginning.I have the dvd set of every season out so far. The thought of possibly having to live without seeing Erik in a wetsuit ever again is really depressing. That said though....did anyone else find it odd that all of the weapons stolen from the truck at the beginning were loaded? Seems that would be kinda dangerous to incinerate them that way don'cha think? The gun the kid found in his trash...yeah sure someone could have gotten ammo for it before he dumped it. Possibly. But the rocket launcher? Get real.

Back