ThumpyG42

~Nocturnal Jenn~
Premium Member
Information courtesy of The Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, December 11, 2006
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#511) "Backstabbers"

WHEN A SUSPECTED TERRORIST GOES ON THE RUN AFTER A FAILED ATTEMPT ON HER LIFE, THE TEAM MUST FIND HER BEFORE HER ASSASSINS DO, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, DEC. 11

"Backstabbers" -- The team must find a suspected terrorist who goes on the run after a failed attempt on her life, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Dec. 11 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Gina Lamar directed the episode written by Barry O'Brien.

Sonya Barak is standing trial for aiding in a plot to destroy Miami when her own people try to gun her down, suspecting that she may be a trader and in cahoots with the police. When she goes on the run to stay alive, Horatio, never wavering in his belief that she is innocent until proven guilty, must find Sonya before they kill her once and for all.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST:

Valera: Boti Bliss
Dan Cooper: Brendan Fehr
Mike Doyle: Chad Faust
Sonya Barak: Shiva Rose
Peter Kinkella: Teddy Sears
Nicholas Chandler: David Starzyk

GUEST CAST:

Russell Tanninger: Peter MacKenzie
Craig Edwards: Erik Eidem
Abu Nafi: Merik Tadros
Judge Porterson: Paul Eiding
Larry Fremont: Raphael Sbarge
Hector Rivera: Rick Gonzalez
Rulon Domingo: Rolando Molina
Gabriel Cervantes: Enrique Almeida
Emma Cervantes: Danielle Renee
Cody: Sebastian Siegel

Third terrorist episode in a row? Oh please :rolleyes:

Even it's continued. Still. Pisses me off.

This ain't Twenty-Four :rolleyes:

Yeah I have to admit I am little tired of the whole terrorist plot idea myself. They need to get back to the old formula. So far, and the season is about half over now, this season hasn't really impressed me. :(

CSI Vegas got interesting with the miniature killer...they need something like that in Miami.

But at least we are getting consistancy!

Season 5 has been better than 4, so far, IMO. But if they keep going on this track... I have to say, I'm really not liking this whole terrorism thing. I mean, one ep, okay. I can deal with that. But this is getting rediculous. Do they not have non-terrorism related crimes in Miami anymore? What ever happened the guy that stabs his wife because she racked up the credit card bill or something stupid like that. Get real, Miami. [/rant] Sorry about that.

dont be sorry i think the same way you do! i love season 5 so far but i dont really like the whole anti-terorism thing. its so not that kind of tv show. There is so many kind of crime out there( wich kinda freaks me out!). just look at how many people have bought a panic room i'm sure its a number that keeps getting higher!

i'm wondering if someone is gonna be shot or stab in the back cause the title is backstabber!!!(maybe that Sonia chick is gonna die at the end of the episode) i know i should not take the title has anything else than a title but i'm just curious!

I'm not anti-american. I just don't think that regular CSI's would be dealing with these kinds of things. Isn't that left for the FBI, CIA, CTU, etc? I mean, yes, someone has to process the scenes, but, I think this is just too much.

:lol: I was just joking.

At this point I'm just wondering: what's so special about Miami that all the terrorists and gangs hang out there? Miami is hardly the nest of... well, anything, except maybe silicone breasts. Are the terrorists THAT threatened by silicone breasts?

Well yeah, silicone breasts and old people.

I'm tired of the terrorist storyline already. I'm all for continuity, but pick something less...Boring and overdone. :rolleyes:

As Ducky said, this isn't 24. If they start having a countdown clock after each return from commercial, I'll throw my TV out the window.

Episode description
Horatio, never wavering in his belief that she is innocent until proven guilty, must find Sonya before they kill her once and for all.

I got a good chuckle out of that. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I love Horatio in all his saintlyhood but...He has a team. I doubt it'll be him all alone trying to find her before she gets killed once and for all.

I do however like that they're delving into different storylines. I just don't like that it has to be THIS specific storyline. Ah well, I'll wait until I see the episode anyway because you never know. It might be good. :)

DragonflyDreamer said:
I'm not anti-american. I just don't think that regular CSI's would be dealing with these kinds of things. Isn't that left for the FBI, CIA, CTU, etc? I mean, yes, someone has to process the scenes, but, I think this is just too much.

midnight_tiptoes said:
:lol: I was just joking.

:lol: Sorry, couldn't help but laugh.

Umm, I'm starting to see this show rip off from other shows. Terrorist plots from '24.' The cellphone killing the guy from "High Octane" was also used in an episode of CSI: NY last season. It's starting to annoy me.

This episode doesn't sound to good aside from the terrorist plot either. :rolleyes:

I'm not anti-american.
Well, actually, as a Canadian, I think a little bit of anti-american is in my blood :p

At this point I'm just wondering: what's so special about Miami that all the terrorists and gangs hang out there?
I've been wondering that myself.

Miami is hardly the nest of... well, anything, except maybe silicone breasts. Are the terrorists THAT threatened by silicone breasts?
Well, that would explain a few things...

There are a lot of things that happen on this show which makes me wonder why they are there. You'd think most criminals wouldn't go to Miami since everyone knows Horatio and that he'll catch you...in time.

ROFL about the silicone breasts!!!

I'm starting to wonder too, and I haven't even seen that much LOL. But I do so love the older seasons, 1,2,3...oh Speedy please come back! LOL.

You'd think the terrorists would hang out more in NY...unless maybe they want to mess with Mac Taylor even less than with Horatio LOL

speed_cochrane said:
As Ducky said, this isn't 24. If they start having a countdown clock after each return from commercial, I'll throw my TV out the window.

I'll so make the ticking sound when watching this episode.

I can imagine H going to some fancy office and say "can we track 'em down with the satellite" :rolleyes:

Perhaps silicon breasts are weapon of massdesctruction.
Femmbots like in Austin Powers.

And as MacsGirlMel said, would think NY would get more terrorist storylines, but I assume it would be bit too sensitive thing to do.

Perhaps it doesn't annoy americans but I'm sure it will annoy the rest of the world, when they see the episodes. "World's most watched show" if the season 4 didnt' get rid of the viewers... I'm sure these terroriststorylines will do it.

I'm just bothered by this business of Horatio is "never wavering in his belief" about her innocence. Huh? He didn't seem particularly convinced of her innocence when he was sending her off in a squad car after listening to her Death to America rants...

There's a 1.5 minute clip on TV.com here...

The staring between him and Sonya is getting intensely creepy. *shudder* I have no idea what I'm supposed to be reading there. *light bulb* Other than, maybe, Burst into flames! BURST INTO FLAMES!

(bonus points for whoever recognizes the That 70's Show reference)

Wow, I'm in a much better mood now that I've got that quote in mind. :lol:

Back