Episode # 509 'Going, Going, Gone' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Re: Episode # 509 'Going, Going, Gone' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS*

ThumpyG42 said:
Yay for the return of Jake! :D Not a very profound post, I know, but that's all I really have to say right now. ;)
My sentiments too Thumpy! :D For me, Jake's introduction to the show is one of the highlights of Season 5 so far. :)

might sound stupid but whos jake?

Jake is an ex boyfriend of Calleigh's who is working undercover. We first saw him in Going Under.

speedmonkey2 said:
Jake is an ex boyfriend of Calleigh's who is working undercover. We first saw him in Going Under.
Yeah, and dont forget to mention... he's gorgeous. Lol

speed_cochrane said:
*sigh* Why oh WHY do the writers have to have someone shot in the chest? Why? :rolleyes:
Agreed! I mean, I'm all for the good guys getting hurt... makes for some good angsty drama, but does it HAVE to be a chest shot? Come on... there are plenty of other parts of the body that are just as... erm... shootable.

DragonflyDreamer said:

Agreed! I mean, I'm all for the good guys getting hurt...
makes for some good angsty drama, but does it HAVE to be a chest shot? Come on... there are plenty of other parts of the body that are just as... erm... shootable.

Yes I agree as well. Why shoot them in the leg or the side? The chest just seems soooo...I don't know...DONE TO DEATH BY EVERY OTHER SHOW!! C'mon lets be original and shake things up a bit...ya know! :cool:

Oooh, though I wasn't too fond of Jake (only because he got in the way of my ship for, like, two seconds), I'm looking forward to this episode. Yes, Ally's butt will be planted in front of the television tomorrow night, just because I have nothing better to do. ^-^

Though, I agree that being shot in the chest is horribly over-done, it's really one of the only places that you can be shot and not killed. Of course, there are other places too, but the chest is just...better. Personally, I'm a fan of the abdomen, but whatever. Bring on the Calleigh angst!

- Alexx

I guess the point is to make the fans anxious if she get shot in the chest. Plus, getting shot near your heart makes the crime seem more...Personal.

It's still been overly done on CSI:Miami. Three times? Come on now you have to draw the line somewhere. Of course knowing the writers, they drew the line and then erased it. I mean, it's CSI:Miami. Anything can be done. :rolleyes:

However, I'm still optimisitic for this episode. The season has actually been going surprisingly well compared to last season, so for now I'll reserve judgement until the episode airs. :p

I gotta see this episode!!! IF for no other reason than to see what the heck Horatio is aiming at with that big rifle that has a scope mounted on top of it. In fact, for me, that's the most exciting thing I've seen in the previews for this episode. The previews for this episode are doing like the previews for IF LOOKS COULD KILL, they're not getting me too excited. IF it wasn't for wanting to know what the heck Horatio is aiming at with that rifle, I wouldn't even watch this episode...I'd let the VCR watch it for me. Then I could be surprised if it turned out to be better than the previews are making it look.

Thank you Jen. At least you're some help to me. *chases people who hit her with stick* :devil:

Yeah, the promo makes us believe a lot, but I'll wait until I've seen it. I envy people who live in America and Canada and wherever you can see the episode tonight.

I always thought people get hit in the chest on TV because that's how you survive when wearing a vest.

If a person gets shot on an unprotected part, they die.

So if Calleigh is going to survive this, the open option is to be hit in the chest while wearing a vest.

Well they could also have her shot in the leg or something, bleed a little, and still survive but getting shot in the chest adds to the drama. *shrugs*

I still think it's a terrible idea, but it does bring in ratings. Every time. They know this by experience. :rolleyes:

*sigh* Brings back old memories. *wipes tear* :(

But you make an excellent point Juma. It would make sense to have her wearing the vest and be shot in that part of her body. The thing that makes me a tad confused is, she had never worn kevlar before, aside from 'Kill Zone' when they were apprehending the sniper. So why is she wearing it this time? Ah well I'll just wait for the episode. :p

speed_cochrane said:
I guess the point is to make the fans anxious if she get shot in the chest. Plus, getting shot near your heart makes the crime seem more...Personal.

It's still been overly done on CSI:Miami. Three times? Come on now you have to draw the line somewhere. Of course knowing the writers, they drew the line and then erased it. I mean, it's CSI:Miami. Anything can be done. :rolleyes:

However, I'm still optimisitic for this episode. The season has actually been going surprisingly well compared to last season, so for now I'll reserve judgement until the episode airs. :p

Yes yes yes. My thoughts exactly. Miami has done this before. You can get shot somewhere besides the heart and still have drama. Although, I too still hold hope for this episode. The season has been better than expected so far!

I'm anxious to see if Ryan is on the scene when Calleigh gets shot and to see what kind of angst he'll go through (not that I want him to feel angsty, but it makes for good CaRWasH drama)

There is rumor that I saw on the Jonathan Togo thread that
Ryan is going to be getting some "lip action" coming up, is that true?

Back