Episode #507 'High Octane' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Nov 5, 2006.

1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Eric and Calleigh: their love is a fashion crime.

Good God, did they both dress in the dark? Cause that's kinda hot. Horrendous, but hot.

Ryan and Natalia, which one's the pot and which one's the kettle?

2. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Hee. H called Frank "Francis". Maybe he does that all the time, but I never noticed.

Blah episode.

3. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I found four things worthy of mention:

1) When was this period where Natalia had no friends, and why did it not last longer so I could actually see it?
    2) Why are we stirring up the angry Delko/Wolfe rivalry again? Stop it! Play nice already! So Ryan doesn't mind PR. Big deal. Eric needs to stop pouting already.
    3) Dear Eric & Calleigh: Stop ganging up on Ryan and join him on the Anti-Natalia brigade already! Or if you insist upon being nice to HER, then at least stop muttering behind his back. I cannot bear the idea of Nat being *right* when she warned him about losing friends.
    4) "Ridin' Dirty!"

Overall, exceedingly boring episode. I kept going "Is it over yet? Now? Okay, now it's definitely over. What do you mean half an hour left?"

4. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey,

I give it a 7 out of 10. I got to see Horatio tonight! I was amazed! He looks great and i am glad to see him again! :D

Calleigh looks great and I don't like Nat getting all this air time...Yuckie! :mad:

Eric is always a pleasure and Ryan too. :D

Francis .... its too funny... just call him Frank! :lol:

I love my Horatio! :D :D :lol:

Can't wait for next week h and Cal work together! :devil:Yeaaahhhh!

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Uh, all the time? Are any of them friends with her now? With the exception of Horatio, most of them seem to tolerate her merely because they have to.

I don't think they're ganging up on Ryan and I don't think their intentions were malicious. Ryan is like a little brother to them, like a little brother who's always getting into trouble and they have to take care of all the time. Calleigh always uses a reasonable approach, while Eric goes for the tough love. The thing is that no matter how many times they steer him away from trouble, Ryan always finds his way back. So I'm guessing it can be frustrating, but I certainly didn't get any nasty vibes from either of them. It was more like they were frustrated that Ryan didn't listen to them again.

For a while there I thought Natalia was going to take the blame for Ryan, thereby turning herself into a martyr and forcing us to like her. But if Eric and Calleigh already know that Ryan signed up for that documentary then there's nothing Natalia can do to take the blame. Is there? Oh, God, please.

Natalia: Good eye.
    Ryan: Thanks.

Oh, clever. Well, maybe.

I was kinda hoping they'd use White And Nerdy, cause it was so appropriate.

Horatio's last line? :lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious! So what, now he's directing all his lines to God? Cause they're like equals now? How did Rex Linn NOT break into hysterical laughter? If CSI: Miami doesn't get nominated for an Emmy in the Best Sitcom category next year, I'm charging the academy.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nods* Not FF. I want every delicious moment of Mac that I can get :)

I'm still in that early phase like I was with LV where I'm fighting to pay attention the whole show lol. It'll passm it always does, but I *did* have to ask Shuiyru who actually did the murder lol.

I think I saw next week mentioned in TV Guide a week or so back.

I also noticed H in the end. What was his line? I do recall thinking "oh great here we go again with mr drama queen" lol

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Contrary to what some people thought of the episode, I rather liked it. :)

I noticed that they toned down the colours significantly this season. It's not as blinding as it once was. ;) That was definitely a highlight in my book. Another highlight was the continuity. I know some are tired of hearing the 'mole' storyline, but I thought it was a great addition to the episode. I'm also optimisitic about this 'documentary filmer' that should appear shortly. Perhaps it will feed some interesting storylines in the future. :)

All in all, I give this episode 7 cows out of 10. I can't wait for next week!

And Horatio's last line was 'And to forget' if I remember correctly. I'm not 100% sure though. It was something along those lines.

8. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

He has in a couple of early eppys.. The first time I heard it, I was like Huh.. Did he just call him francis? and i LMAO.

WHAT IS WITH THAT STRIPPED SHIRT..AGAIN WITH IT. AHHH does he not have any others???
    It was an ok eppy. My husband even stayed up and watched this eppy. Only because of the cars.. Go figure.
    I like the part were Ryan threw that insult at Boa Vista..Oh it was great...
    Ryan - Hot it blue
    Eric - WTF is up with the white shoes??
    Calleigh - Don't even remember what she had on
    Boa vista - Her shirt looked like some one threw up on it.
    H- well he always looks good but burn that shirt.. We need some more buttons undone. :devil:

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Here's the last 2 lines at the end of the episode.

One kid's dad: Evan's a big boy. He'll learn to forgive.
    Horatio: And hopefully...hopefully forget.

I'm like Cooper was in that scene with Calleigh, I could've lived without seeing that guy being decapitated. Other than that, though, this was a good episode. On a scale of 1-10. 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest score. I give this episode an 8. It loses 2 points for all the times it showed the guy being decapitated.

NOTE TO THE PRODUCERS AND WRITERS:
    NO MORE DECAPITATIONS, PLEASE!!!

One episode with the decapitation business in it was enough. In the season 3 episode ADDICTION, they showed that guy being decapitated by that low grade/el cheapo hurricane shutter 2 or 3 times. ENOUGH!!! I can live without seeing people literally losing their heads. The shootings and stabbings they usually show on CSI: Miami don't bother me cause they're not usually what I call gruesome. But the decapitations...UGH!!! I don't need them, I don't want them and I could live without them.

OK I'll shut up. I'm through ranting.
    One more thing before I completely shut up...
    ALL of you David Caruso fans might want to watch or record or watch and record the Early Show tomorrow morning on CBS. According to the commercial that aired during this episode they're gonna have...

10. Juma

Juma Police Officer

- Them WHITE sneakers? hum. nah.

- decapitation iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik. I still think the scene where Ryan gets shot in the eye is the most repulsive thing they've ever done, but decapitation comes close second.

- little mole reference: I think it's good we're finally seeing some of the things going on because of that. Some more please.

- Francis is a girls name. Really. But I guess since Tripp is a big strong acerbic guy, he can live with it. ( I wonder how many times he had to hear "Francis is a girl! in kindergarten)

- PR? documentary? Huh. Ryan sure never learns. will be very excited to see what comes out of that :)

- black shirt, same as always? I'm going to write to Corey and suggest some way to spice up the black.
    :D

11. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

That's the only 2nd time I've heard H call Frank that.

My grandpa's name was Francis. It's very common among guys.

Ryan needs to come down off his high horse & remember the leaks he made to the press when he first started. At least Natalia wasn't out to score points with Horatio like Ryan was. How soon he forgets the things he did.. Nor was she trying to impress anyone. Besides Peter was the actual mole as we found out the end of S4. In "Under Suspicion" is when Monica was introduced as Peters fiancee. So from that point on is where the leaks happened. Natalia told Calleigh all she did was report good things. Monica West knew things about the lab long before Natalia got there. She herself said that Natalia was useless to her. So, no, I don't think she should be blamed for that. If she's been at fault I'd agree with everyone but, she wasn't. Besides I'd like to think if she really was out to destroy the lab, Horatio wouldn't have kept her around. Plus, I believe Horatio's a very forgiving person. Not like alot of other people. So, if Ryan can be forgiven for the jerk he is then he should be able to forgive & move on. He's not Mr Perfect.

I can't wait myself. Lets see what he shouldn't be telling. Maybe the shoe's gonna be on the other foot now. :lol:

Thank Goodness!!!!!!! Was getting tired of them. :D

I happened to like it. Like I said if it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't be watching Miami nor NY now. :D

Loved the episode. Glad to see there was no rushing. Wish they'd put H back in solid colors again. Tired of seeing him in black. It's almost like he's in mourning as much as he wears the color. :lol: Okay I'm done putting my two cents in. :D For now. :lol:

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nod* I watched Nailed earlier too. That was icky.

All three have done decapitation...Jackpot for LV though the animal and not the killer severed the head, and NY's Corporate Warriors.

13. Juma

Juma Police Officer

mole thingy:
    - No one would be happier than I if we could blame this whole debacle on Peter Elliott and his monster fiancee. However, THE WRITERS UNFORTUNATELY messed up a bit here - reporting things is bad even if it's good. You're still reporting.

I wish they had made Peter the complete mole and then the CSIs would have to deal with him, cause he's a secret service agent, and then no one trusts him but Calleigh gives him a chance.........

Sorry. Wandering off into the fanfic sunset here.OOOOOOOOOOps

- Francis: I know two girls but no boy with that name. Sorry. I thought they did that on purpose. Like the other names all mean things?
    Horatio = Horatio Nelson, big hero, = time(less)
    Eric = forever ruler hehe
    Ryan = little king ( as in H JR)
    Calleigh = slender
    Alexx = alexandra = to defend and help
    Natalia = natale domini, christmas day, change
    Francis= francesca and I guess Francescus = from France. OK so that is weird. maybe they ran out of ideas.

On a completely different note ( sorry if it's not the right place) I just saw all the behind the scenes clips on cbs.com. I just realised Natalia was originally on for a 13 ep guests spot.
    I love ELR: I'm soooooooooooo glad she landed a role here!!!!!
    *Hides under a rock *

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Eva LaRue I guess you meant? Sorry a little slow here. :lol: I remember from AMC the last time she was on there. She was okay. took awhile for her to grow on me when she started on Miami. After the mole thing I felt sorry cause everbody wanted to blame her & forget it was actually Peter. Yes, reprting is reporting. Ryan did the same thing & was accused of leaking info. The team forgave him. Now why can't he be just as forgiving? Anyway I remember ELR saying when she found out she was the mole she thought she was gone form the show. Glad to see her still there. To me she adds some spark to it. If H would deal with the mole situation it may put an end to the whole thing. I think H & her might make a cute couple. *runs & hides herself*

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Here's something I put in ^^my post^^ last night but then took it out. I think I'll repost it right here:

Francis can be a girl's name. Like in the movie DIRTY DANCING Jennifer Grey's character's name was Frances but everyone called her "Baby". Or Francis can be a guy's name. On that old tv show CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU? there was a character named Francis Muldoon played by Fred Gwynne-(from The Munsters). As you can see, it can be spelled Francis or Frances. Maybe Frank's name is Francis but he thinks it sounds like a girl's name, so he has everyone to call him "Frank". I bet he likes and/or respects Horatio too much to punch, kick or slap Horatio for calling him "Francis". Or he might be too scared of Horatio to say anything about Horatio calling him "Francis". After all, Calleigh-the firearms expert-did call Horatio a good shot in season one.

:devil: My imagination...
    Horatio: Francis, what do have???
    Frank: DON'T CALL ME FRANCIS!!!
    Horatio: I'll call you Mud if I want to. *bang bang* Got it???
    Frank: Got it. OW. My shoulder.