Episode #505 'Death Eminent' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 14, 2006.

1. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Ryan even hooked back up with Erica. They need to just get that hot makeout scene over with.

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

First off, let me say that the opening scene with the time elapse decomp of the councilman's body was pretty good. Very very disgusting, but good special effects!

Lots of people with their fingers in the crime pie, in this ep. Pretty horrifying to see that something as callous as Eminent Domain still exists, in this day and age. It should be outlawed. Made my heart break, thinking of people getting forcibly kicked out of their houses, and offered a measly 50 cents on the dollar to replace them somewhere else. And of course amongst the good folks there had to be some bad apples, the guy who was paid to blight the neighborhood with crime, and of course the Ba$tard who killed the young Marta Artega. Didn't see it coming, her being the illegitimate daughter of the crooked judge. I was wondering where she could possibly fit into the puzzle. It was certainly extremely satisfying to see Horatio finally get the chance to take him down at the end (although I suspect this isn't the last we'll hear from His Honorless). Loved the exchange between them: "Caine, you can't touch me." "Your Honor, I have no desire to." Go H.! :lol:

Random thoughts: Natalia's ex is a creep. Rob Estes literally makes my skin crawl, in that role. He did, however, do good by her by bringing her the wedding ring that they missed when processing the crime scene, so that's one teensy mark in his favor. A very teensy mark.

I had the teenage boy pegged about halfway through as a "person of interest", mainly because he had too prominent a role not to be. Felt terrible for his father afterwards, the end scene was very poignant.

Ryan lost his cool again, and with a cop, yet! Baaaad Ryan. Who wants to bet his temper will come back to haunt him somehow, in the future? (Despite his promise to Horatio to try and watch his temper). I did feel a wee bit bad for him though, going to bat for the families and feeling so sorry for the teenage son, then finding out the kid was the killer all along. Must have been very disheartening.

And judging from the previews, next week's ep looks good and creepy!

3. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

OMG! I Loved this episode! Loved it! Go H! :D :lol:

Hey they used the words from my FF story... I was in shock! :eek: But very happy!!! :D :D :D

You can't touch me is from my story Captured. :D

I was so excited and of course instead of a son the judge had a daughter. :eek:

Well I think someone read my Fanfic! Hahahahahaha :D :D :lol:

Yes I do agree the dirt bag judge will be back... :devil:

he's to good to let go and makes a great nemisis against Horatio. :devil:

Ok, I loved Calleigh... she looked hot tonight! :D
    I loved how she went to the grave site... just like H would do. AWWWWW ;)

Ryan... I was happy he stood up for the boy... then sad he did. :(

All in all great ep and I just loved H saying to the judge He had no desire to touch him! :D :lol: :cool:

I LOVED IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

OK well I just loved it because there was sooo much Ryan! :D But I hate how he keeps messing up. But it was a good episode!! I loved at the beginning with Alexx and Ryan. "Dont tell me your going to pop that." "Well then its going to explode in my nice clean van.. Wanna clean that up?" "Oh God, please no." :lol:

Stupid boy! Made Ryan look stupid for nothing :(

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

*singing* Ratty Judge Ratner got arrested. Ratty Judge Ratner got arrested. *quits singing*

5 stars just for ^^that^^...the judge getting arrested...FINALLY. LMAO.
    This episode was definitely a BIG improvement over last week's episode.

Last week's episode=Deja Vu...season 4...I've already forgot who got killed and who did the killing and what the IMPORTANT clue was that gave away who did the killing.

Now about this:
    HEY!!! Horatio probably feels like he has lost everything. His wife, Marisol was killed less than 24 hours after they were married. His brother Raymond died in his arms in Brazil. Speedle died in his arms in the jewelry store a couple tv seasons ago. Even though they don't mention Speedle's death much, I bet Horatio still feels some sadness over losing Speedle...like maybe everytime he looks at Ryan. That could be why he doesn't call Ryan "Ryan" the way he calls Calleigh "Calleigh". Another thing, Officer Jessop was practically a regular when the character was killed at the end of season 4. Horatio probably worked with Officer Jessop more than any other patrol officer so he probably feels a little pain and sadness over his death.
    I sometimes wonder if Horatio feels any guilt or sadness about not telling Detective Hagen that Raymond was alive. Maybe Hagen wouldn't have killed himself at the end of season 3.

Alright, I'm through ranting.
    5 stars*****

Reason for edit:
    I've got to get my hearing checked. I didn't notice it but in that scene where Horatio talked to Ryan, when he told Ryan he'd talked to that officer Ryan shoved and the officer had agreed to drop the complaint, Horatio said "Ryan. I've talked to Officer Biggs and he's agreed to drop the complaint." I think that's the first time I've heard Horatio call him anything other than Mr. Wolfe or Wolfe.

6. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

Over the course of five episodes, CSI Miami has taken a nosedive from "my favorite show" to "Effective immediately, CSI is back on the tape collection and Miami will be the one that gets erased every week." Frickin A, I was looking forward to this episode too, but I ended up disappointed again. So let me just sum up the things I DIDN’T hate:

1. I’m always happy when Alexx and Ryan talk. They have nice chemistry; I still think he’s like a little chick under the mother hen’s wing.
    2. Horatio’s conversation with Ryan. Mostly because I think that was the first time in history he actually called him Ryan in conversation. Only once, and he went back to “Mr. Wolfe” two seconds later, but it was nice to see.
    3. Passing reference to Marisol. I’m sure I can use that later, despite no visible reaction from H.
    4. This episode practically had its own soundtrack. I swear I counted a half-dozen different songs, pretty much all of which I want.

That was all I enjoyed. Even the great gun-in-face scene (basically the sole reason I was looking forward to the episode) was just…bland. It was just a random emotional guy; he didn’t even have a vendetta against Horatio in particular, so there was no element of danger at all. Blah.

Between the steeple and the ecclesiastic music and all those big, well-lit, decorative windows in the courthouse, I kept thinking we were finally going get another scene in a church. Grumble. Teasing.

Even when he finally got the judge, it wasn’t exciting. I just kept thinking, “that was extremely convenient” in all kinds of ways. Too many to be believable, and I can usually accept most of what I see on this show.

The teaser was the MOST DISGUSTING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ON TELEVISION.

Agreed. And it would appear that TPTB accepted my challenge when I declared that there was no way Natalia could possibly be more annoying, because there now is: bringing back her ex-husband and having him appear every week. I swear it’s enough to make me miss the days when Natalia’s role involved pregnancy scares and PSV’s with Eric.

And yeah, no kidding. Why does Ryan blow up over everything these days? Temper, temper.

I failed to feel even a modicum of sympathy for the kid in the end. I mean...how stupid do you have to be to decide that the best way to solve your problems is to go KILL SOMEONE? :mad:

In retrospect, you probably shouldn't listen to me. I'm just venting a few episodes worth of frustration at Horatio's diminished role compared to last season (and I know last season was almost OVER done...but it pleased me immensely). Forget equal screen time. I want my H front and center.

7. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

When Alexx poked the bloater I was GROSSED OUT! I have not been grossed out by a CSI eppy in a while. In all three series. YUCK! The last time I was grossed out was when those maggots fell on that guy from the cealing light. I HATE MAGGOTS!

Anyway I enjoyed the eppy. I saw some of the ole Horatio and was enjoying it. Yes I have noticed David Caruso is not in the eppy's as much. I am not too happy about it but I understand for now. During the scene with Judge Ratiner my roommate was running the damn shredder and it caused the signal to go freaky so I missed part of the dialog. I was pretty pissed yelling "STOP SHREDDING!" I will need to rewatch this on innertube. Probably do that tomorrow. *Makes note to self not to watch it while I am eating lunch*

I missed the teaser for next week eppy's. They will probably play it more at the end of the week though.

I liked this episode more than last weeks.

The Good Rebecca

8. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

This eppy was kinda werid to me.. I don't even really feel like i watched it.

The beging was gross. Ewwww. Especally when Alexx poked the bloater. yucky.... I loved the look on Ryan's face. :lol:

When H walked toward the guy with the gun, I yelled at him "Are you stupid??!!!" I was kinda surprised :eek: when H actually said he has lost everything....I noticed that David's eyes were really blue there. [​IMG]

I knew as soon as Ryan had pushed that guy that he would get a talking from H..
    H was too calm in the talking. I would be pissed.
    I'm glad that Ryan has a lot more scence.
    Officer Wolfe?? He's not really an officer anymore..oh well..
    I was a good eppy.. I can't wait till next week.. It looks really good. Just in time for Halloween. :)

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

nice epi! really, I liked it.

one thing is unclear to me. what did Horatio want from Ryan? Ryan's answers was "no more ????????"

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

as i rememebr right H turn to Wolfe with his little name Ryan in epi. 'Urban Hellraisers' from S4.

i agree with this comment about H - the whole scene was ridiculous. blah ...but also think that he isn`t lost everything. H still have his family (Y and Ray Jn.) or CSI M writers forgot that ?! i`m so sick and tired to watch H`s fake suffering. stop this. we don`t need it any more.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well, I'll have to say that I liked the episode. It was far from the garbage that was season four, but it seemed a little too formula for me. Extremely little humour (at the beginning), the case was strictly worked and didn't leave time for any small talk conversations or banter, the cases seemed a little rushed and when there were three going on at the same time, it was hard to keep track of them all.

Question, where did Delko go in all of this? Calleigh had her case with the little girl, Ryan had his case with the young boy, Boa Vista had her usual half-work-the-case-half-drama-queen-over-everything, and Horatio had his Judge Ratner bit. Eric was kind of left in the wind halfway through the episode. Even Alexx had more screentime. Weird, huh.

One thing really bugged me, and that was the music at the end of the episode. As some of us know, that music was used many times throughout seasons one and two, specifically 'Golden Parachute' and 'Witness To Murder'. I don't think that song should have been used for this episode. It wasn't heartfelt, and the episode wasn't good enough for me to reminisce about seasons one and two. Sure, the child's bones were burried and the uncle was relieved once and for all, and H walked away after just saving the day once again but...So what? Why use that music? The occasion barely called for it. :p

Now for H's sob story. Yeah he needs to get over Marisol. He knew her for what....Two weeks? I think Eric should have been the one to say "I've lost everything" because it would have been more plausible seeing as Horatio still HAS Yelina and Ray Jnr. It would have been great to see Eric describe his loss as 'his best friend and his sister' as opposed to Horatio and his 'my brother and my co-worker's sister whom I've barely known but somehow we fell in love and BOOM it's such a great loss. Not to mention the fact that I already thought my brother was dead for years and now suddenly he's alive and BOOM he's dead again.'

*sigh*

But the case was okay.

12. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Cause they're showing a stupid rerun from S4 "Open Water" Hmm I see Ryan can lose his cool also. Shows he's human after all. The ep was okay especially the beginning. I loved it that H finally got the judge. :lol: That was just soooooooo cool. Wish they'd tone down the coloring. It's a bit too much. Was hoping they'd done something with Rob Estes. :lol: He's a snake.

I thought was so sweet of Calleigh. At least that part showed the show is still human in some respect. :D

Well..........he's not the only there who got away with stuff. They all have at one time or another. But, yes, we'll see if he did learn his lesson. The kid did make a point though. People do get away with stuff cause of who they are alot of times.

I also agrre he'll be back. :mad:

I bout liked to have fell off my couch when he did, then it was back to Mr Wolfe. Go figure. :D

I think he was trying to let the guy know that he knew how he felt since I believe the guy made a comment about losing everything. Even though yes, he still has Yelina & Ray Jr.He has lost a wife & brother.

All in all the ep was okay.

13. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick and tired of TPTB making the killer a Kid that's tangentally involved in the case? This seems to happen a lot when Ryan is involved and I don't freaking know why!

Still, it was good to see that crooked judge who talks like the great Nipsey Russell get arrested for real. THAT was the most SATISFYING part of this episode, other than seeing Calleigh lookin' fine as always! :D

14. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

anyone want to help me out please?

btw the killer of that girl (judge's daughter) played his part damn well! Really like a madman!

15. chroya120981

chroya120981 Civilian

Does anybody know the song that was playing at the beginning of the episode, right before the counsilman died?
    It sounded like they were singing "sweet release", which was almost barely audible...
    I thought this episode was a little confusing...usually I can multi-task by doing business law homework and watching, but this time, I had no idea what the hell was going on, and I paid attention for more than half the time :p
    *keeps playing his TIVO back and forth to hear the song*