Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Re: Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS

LOL!

I did like the ring around the collar comment--that made me and my wife laugh our heads off. Still, the ep was too much a rehash of Melrose place or Models Inc. I don't know why, but it had that feel to it! ;)

2. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Apart from a few amusing lines and a top-notch twist (never saw it coming), I thought it was an average episode. I had a dreadful feeling that it was all going to be Natalia after the first case was wrapped up but was glad that it wasn't.

Nice to see Willie Garson too but he was underused.

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I'll tell ya what I thought was priceless was when Ryan made the comment about the ring around the colla rbit. I thought for sure Khandi was going to come unglue then. Almost looked like she wanted to bust out laughing. LOL. It was just so funny. I liked Rob Estes when he played on Silk Stalkings but, I loved the show is probably why & he played a cop then. LOL I loved the way they did the story with Natalia. It was just so real showing how things can fall through the crack. Her not being informed about her exes release from jail. My question though is why didn't she know her restraining order had expired? I thought that was kind of odd.

Also at the crime scene when he showed up, I don't think it should've been Natalia that should've been made to leave but him. They weren't through processing so really he had no business being there. Or am I wrong here? Loved seeing Kari Wuhrer again. GH fans may remember her as Reese Sonnys girlfriend. LOL. It was a good one if they keep it as real as last nights ep was. Guess Rob Estes will be showing up again sometime. Loved the ending also. Shocked me the way it ended though. WOW!!!!!!

Then to see them being photographed for their booking. That was a first. LOL Can't wait till next week now.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone! New to this site and did not watch last nights episode. I was wondering if someone could tell be what evidence (items) proved who killed Cody Lane?

5. Isaboe

Isaboe Victim

While I enjoy that NBV is getting hassled, I don't like that it has to be an ex. Couldn't it be one of her cronies from the mole story from last year(that seems to have been dropped)? Sorry but I don't like Rob Estes. He has that creepy, pompous, I'm better than you vibe(which I guess will work well for this part)but he bugs me. Couldn't watch him in Silk Stalkings or MP either.
    The murder was....interesting I guess. I can't remember how they figured out who the murderer was but I was surprised at the end when they all took each other out. I wonder how Calliegh automatically knew it was cyanide. I thought the girl was just having an asthma attack.

6. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Keys, bruises and dog hair

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I liked this episode.

I agree with all of the points Destiny made about the Natalia storyline. I think they're handling it very well with great sensitivity to the subject matter. Hopefully they continue down this road with the rest of the storyline.

I do have to say though, that since the cases were essentially rushed, it kind of confused me about who killed who, and what the connections were. I had to re-watch the episode to catch everything again. Other than that, it was a good plot and it was interesting, despite what I had thought earlier. :) The 'That's so last season' remark had me laughing until the commercial break. :lol: God bless that woman. :lol: (Who I believe had played Tiffany Langer on Cross-Jurisdictions. ;))

Ah, I love seeing the old Eric Delko. :D (I also loved his pretty dress shirt) It was great to see that he didn't want to involve himself, but still showed that he cared about Natalia and was sensitive to the situation as well. And like a good little CSI, he did his job and never faltered. :) I also enjoyed Horatio in this episode as well. He didn't take up the entire episode, and when he was there I was actually glad to see him pop up! He was very Horatio-like, and I'm happy to say that I saw some of the Real Horatio in that episode. :)

I loved Calleigh in this episode as well. She showed a genuine concern for Boa Vista, despite knowing she's the mole and their conversation was very sweet, and it reminded me of the good ol' days of season two. (Well, almost.) It was great to see Valera back again! I've missed her, and even though her newly blonde hair is a bit of a turn-off, it's great to see her nontheless.

Natalia's ex-husband? I actually like him. He made me laugh. :lol:

8. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

Hey All,

Just figured I should hop in as well. Last night's episode was pretty decent I thought. It did have a soap feel for me as well with Eva(ex Maria AMC), Rob Estes ( Silk Stalkings), Kari Wurther( ex Reese GH ) and the first model Hollings played Phillip on Days. It made the show a bit weird for me.

I was wondering when I read about the abuse storyline how they were going to handle it. They've done a good job.I've always liked Eva as an actress and she did a really good job showing the anger and fear that Natalia was feeing. Brava Eva. I had that question as well about her not hearing that he was coming ouf to jail. I thought that would happen that she would be informed. I'm also curious how he was able to get a job working so close to her. Rob Estes was brilliantly evil as the ex husband. He did a great job. He had the charm but the creepiness that made it uncomfortable. As for him entering the crime scene before they were finished. Why, since Eric was senior, did he not tell him to leave the crime scene? Where were the cops to push him back. I got the feeling big time that he was stalking Natalia. Every time we saw her we saw him soon afterwards. I thought that was illegal. I did love that Calleigh treated Natalia as a member of the team and asked if she wanted to chat. It's good to see that Calleigh is getting past all the stuff that happened.

It was sad about the tow truck driver. He was just trying to pay for his daughter's treatments and now he's going to jail. I actually felt a bit sorry for him.

I was laughing as well at Ryan's comment about the ring around the collar. Nice polite way of putting it. I'm amazed that Khandi was able to keep a straight face when he said it as well.

The twist at the end was perfect. The brunette knew that she was dead when the secret came out about the policy. So she made sure to get retribution. Cyanide in the lip gloss? Wow. Good twist.

Overall it was a decent episode.

Take Care,
    Dayna

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I had more thoughts in the afternoon but didn't have time to post.

Evil Rob Estes! Ah well...a good show needs one asshole :D Tho, I'd rather kept Stetler in "The Asshole" position (that sounds wrong doesn't it?)

I actually felt sorry for the Snake because if someone had beated me and started to harass me like that - I'd freak out.

Evil Rob Estes!

Frank <3

Otherwise the episode didn't... I don't know, perhaps I wasn't concentrating enough. It was blah - tho quite new "crime"

Oh yeah. Valera. Blonde? I mean megablonde. Now. Wow.

The model boy was icky. Ickyickyicky.

I actually waited that the first victim would have killed Cody.

10. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

The exceedingly long review in which I randomly jump topics (so in other words, "review as usual"):

I am not ashamed to admit that when this episode started, I was stretched out on the bed in front of the TV, ears on the show but my attention completely fixated on the cell phone game in hand. Kept it up for about the first 15 minutes, too, before the episode finally was more interesting than my pre-judgment based on my grudge against Nat.

The line that changed my mind:

Nick: Ohhhh, I get it. She slept with you. Right. Am I right? You and about a hundred other guys.

Me: HAHAHAHAHA HEE HEE *gigglesnort* *falls off bed laughing* *misses entire rest of scene due to laughing too hard and has to rewind and watch during commercials*

I don't know; Eric's expression is priceless. That, plus I was remembering a fanfic I read a while back with the line, "Did Natalia intend to whore her way through the entire lab?" And while I assume that her unattractive ex is either lying to get back at her or at least really stretching the truth, I was tickled by it. But as much as it kills me to admit, she DID do a good job running through a myriad of emotions over the course of the episode. I refuse to actually like her, but she might be getting a titchy bit more bearable.

Tonight, Nat and Horatio finally had a conversation, which I think they've only done like...MAYBE twice before in all of last season? See, I'm not the only one trying to pretend she doesn't exist! :D No, honestly, that was good to see. I'm almost proud of her for being one of the few people to call him on his occasionally condescending manner - "No, you *don't* understand..."

Other than that, though, what I noticed is that Horatio should really think about switching departments. He spends all his time with Frank (I'm sorry, "Frances") anyway, chasing suspects in the field and bringing them in for interrogation. If the two of them were talking to a suspect and wanted to test for GSR, I'll bet Horatio would call in one of his underlings to do the test.

Re: the Calleigh-Natalia bonding. Not sure I like it. On the one hand, I want Calleigh to have a friend/ally, because she's had so many years with just the guys. On the other hand, I don't want that friend to be Nat (also, Nat? Find a new therapist). It's all conflicting. Randomly, I notice that Calleigh and I once again have the same haircut. Even though I miss her gorgeous season-1 sheet of hair, she's pretty with the layers framing her face.

While I'm on the subject of looks - dear Horatio: I know you are a superhero, but you actually are allowed to wear outfits other than the black coat/blue striped shirt.

I almost forgot about the driver... when he said "little girl with leukemia," I had temporarily gone back to the cell phone game. That phrase yanked my attention back right quick, thinking they were referencing Madison, before I oriented myself. Still, in watching it again, H definitely reacted to that line on a personal level, however subtly. And I found it kind of hard to feel like condemning the guy, murderer or not.

Tigers...purr...love tigers...hate tigers being used as status symbols by idiots, though, and the gorgeous cats do not belong on the end of chain leashes to be used in photo shoots. I will not say anything about pit bull stereotypes other than the dog was extremely cute, and she did calm down and lick her owner's hand.

Oh - I noticed waaaay fewer editing tricks this time, and none of them particularly annoyed me. Did they perhaps get them all out of their system?? No, wait, this was only the 2nd episode filmed...sigh. A girl can dream, can't she?

There were a case or two as well, and while I do not find them worthy of comment, I did think they were all interesting. The very end was a jaw-dropping twist. Eric's expression, having to watch her die right there in the room...wow.

That Imogen Heap song is love, even though it will always make me think of nothing but So You Think You Can Dance.

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

My Review of: IF LOOKS COULD KILL

I'm worried. I'm very very worried. I'm so worried. I'm extremely worried. OK FORGET IT!!! There's not a strong enough, long enough or intellectual enough adjective to describe how worried I am. Here's what I'm worried about: that CSI: Miami might be slipping back in to season 4 territory with forgettable episodes. Last night's episode was pretty season 4 as far as how forgettable I found it. I hope CSI: Miami is not slipping back into season 4 form. I thought the first 3 episodes of season 5 were a great improvement over 95% of season 4's episodes. That's why this one has me worried. Next week's LOOKED pretty interesting last night in the "scenes from the next episode". I just HOPE it lives up to how it LOOKS.

12. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I think it was a very interesting episode...I'm not gonna go bezerk here, but, you know what? I think I actually liked this episode. I'm not an Natalia fan and I don't think I will be, so I liked everything else about the show. Rob Estes's character seems a little pointless to me but it was definetly interesting. Very interesting, Interesting. Eva La Rue is a good actress I suppose, but I just don't like her character on here.

13. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

They're pushing too much characters on to us. Really did Linn and La Rue have to become regulars? Next time you know Bliss (Valera) because a regular..

One character I'd accept and maybe want as a regular (again) is Yelina. IF they bring her back as a detective that is..

14. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Could anyone explain me what happened at the end with Cal and Delko? I didn't understand what Cal told Delko about the lipstick, so he didn't try to save the girl.

Thanks a lot for the answers :D

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Calleigh told Eric the lipstick had cyanide in it. He said there was no antidote that's why he didn't try to save her. Hope this helps. :D