Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

Re: Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS

Number of things I'm looking forward to about this episode: 0. I just want to move on to episode 5 and pretend this one doesn't happen. This is an obvious attempt to make NBV's character sympathetic and likable. And I refuse to fall for it. Maybe if I ignore her she'll go away.

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

hmmz I had read the tv guide and probably mixed the weeks up hihi. oh well. if you're here. You've probably already seen it too.

I really hope the whole episode is evolving around everybody but NBV hihi

3. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

Only time will tell.

If this episode is as great as everyone is making out to seem, I may just fall asleep and break my record. At least I get a marathon of classic episodes today. No Boa Vista. No Togo. Just Calleigh, Speed, Eric, Horatio and Alexx.

But, there has to be at least one bad episode per season. The Powers can't break the streak now. I say bring it. It can't get much worse then this one. Hopefully, after this one, it will get all that much better.

Megan

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone know what the music(title & artist) used at the end of this episode(504)? - where Alexx and Horation closes the doors in the morgue.
    It is such a beautiful song...have not been able to find any details.
    Thanks in advance

5. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Is the song you are talking about Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap? That song was used in the pilot of the show Smith, so thats the way I know it. :)

I thought this was actually a really good episode. I never really got bored, and there was just the right amount of everything.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I liked this episode, again nice arial shots, though playing with the new toys of technology kind of over play, but if they are having fun lol.

Okay starting with the models, personally still trying to find out what the heck made them so great, though they had the pompus attitude down, and the women thought just to highly of themselves, I mean there is being self assured and then there is being self absorbed. -- I missed the part with the tow guy well part of it, right after H determines he is guilty of killing the one model, we had a break in from news of a plane being diverted. When they came back it had went to commerical.

Moving on to the Natalia storyline, *Gives Eva around of applause* Eva made the fear and anger look so real, while I think that she wanted help there was still apart of her that didn't really want to involve people. Calleigh class act she has definitly moved on from the "mole" thing, she treated natalia like not only one of the team but a friend, I loved when she basically agreed with Natalia about her killing her ex but not to say it outloud.

Eric in the ep, I was happy to see that he wasn't trying to shield her, at the crime scene he was senior and some of the old Delko came back, the part that won't allow someone to intimidate anyone no matter what, but when it came to the judge he got advice and told the truth. At first Natalia I think was a bit upset but not because he did the right thing but because he was brought into it. -- I am sorry to Rob Estes fans, but I don't see what is so special about him, I didn't really find him to be what has been described as a "hunk". But I have to admit he did that creepy look and tone of voice really well.

I didn't see Natalia being a victim, I honestly saw her as a person who is scared, then her angery, and then confused, and compromise. I think the last part came in when she figured out his sick game backed her into yet another corner and the only way to fight out of it was to do it the only was she thought would work, while at the sametime, keeping it as far away from the team as possible. -- Imo the show has started out this storyline with incrediable sensitivity on the subject of domestic abuse, and I can only hope that as they go along they keep that in mind, and let Natalia fight the fight that seems to be tearing her up. It's good to hear about her seeing a therapist.

They did the one thing I think that alot of shows miss they brought up the slipping through the cracks, Natalia not being notified of his release, when she should have been, the fact that her restraining order had expired but yet he was stalking her and allowed to get one against her. Proving how flawed the justice system really is.

LMFAO loved it when the female told Ryan he was wearing so last season, yeah and umm wouldn't be caught dead in what she was wearing... oh wait she was caught dead in it. :D
    Then poisoning the partner insurance scams run a muck. Was it just me or did Maxine go blonder, didn't care for that at all, didn't look right on her. But oh well, though I have to admit they did do something at the end of the ep (loved the music btw) that they don't do alot of, closing the doors in the morgue and H standing there (no hands on hips) and without sunglasses.

If scoring I would give it a 9/10 only cause the cases were rushed, and I don't think it was to make room for Natalia's storyline, but because they were throwing in extra people who have been murdered and ect.

*Shutting up now since this is already long*.

7. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Wow, I really wasn't expecting the ending. Well, after the CSIs told Abby that her "dear friend" and partner Janet had taken out a large insurance policy on her... (Erm...Abby, take a guess who's the next body to go out the window?) I wasn't terribly surprised to see that Abby had beaten Janet to the punch, and killed her first. But then when she started coughing, then choking, I thought WTF? Wow, so Janet still ended up killing Abby, even after her own death. Nope, I wasn't quite expecting that particular little twist... And I agree, the music that they ended with was beautiful, and perfect for the ending scenes.

Ryan gets props for the best line of the night, when he and Alexx were processing Cody's body in the morgue and they found the lipstick *down there* :lol: ... "Little Cody has Ring Around the Collar..."

I was somewhat surprised to see an Average Joe thrown into the mix along with all of the usual Beautiful People. The tow car guy, he was probably the closest thing to a tragedy amongst all the Vanity. He gets involved in the hit job so he can pay for his daughter's leukemia treatments, yet he gets arrested and goes to jail, and his daughter probably dies. And dies without her father by her bedside, which is even worse. :(

Rob Estes was pure evil, wasn't he? Getting the restraining order against Natalia, so she can't process the same crime scene that he's working clean-up for...sheer evil brilliance. And I agree with Destiny, so far the writers are handling the abuse storyline, and it's fallout, rather well. I hope they continue to do justice to the topic.

8. SGBSFL

SGBSFL Victim

What was the music at the ending?

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

ohw! I taped it and I will watch it in an hour! I can't wait!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I need help! I've been searching for that song now for 3 hours and i am nowhere near an ID on it. If anyone has info on the last song played while the mug shots and the corpes being shown. Please let me know. Btw its been played on CSI before. I think it was the Rio episode? I know im not the only one that is looking for that song.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry bout the useless question.. i must have scrolled to quickly. The song is Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap and it wasn't played on CSI before it was the pilot for smith. Oh well. BTW the show was very unclimatic.

12. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

hehe you could also have a visit at the music forum on here :p both start and end song are mentioned there!

13. UnXplainedThing

UnXplainedThing Victim

Well that's CSI:M's trademark, isn't it?
    That's why some people watch it. It bothers me at times but then you know it's pure fiction all the way through so I get past it.
    I do think at some point it will become a problem, maybe it has, I wouldn't know, you're way ahead of me in termms of episodes.

AndI'm dying to see Season 5. They stopped showing CSI:M altogether here. Not that it was any good with the French voices but anyway S5 looks great from here.

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

OMG!

Last night's episode was like a rerun of MELROSE PLACE! WTF?!?!? And I'm not just saying that because of Rob Estes showing up with a chip on his shoulder either! Good God! It was like a frakking train wreck--I couldnt' stop watching it.... Horatio was Jake, Boa Vista was Jane, Calleigh was Amanda, Ryan was Billy, Erik was Michael Mancini, and Frank was.... well, FRANK! Holy guacamole! What a mess!!! :eek:

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, but the "ring around the collar" comment was priceless. I think that was probably the best part(IMO). But you're right with the craziness of last night's epi. That one model fella, he made me want to just smack him.

When the boy started the boat up in the beginning, my hubby was like, "Well, that person isn't working on that boat anymore. He's chum, let's go fishin'". He has a sick sense of humor.