Episode 10x11 - 'Crowned' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2011.

?

Grade

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. B+

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. C+

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. F

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't see why anything should be done to Horatio. He could still be sore from the gunshot wound he suffered earlier in the season, therefore one could conclude that maybe he couldn't have physically done anything to help the guy. If it was someone he cared about it, he'd risk hurting himself... but why would he for a pedophile?

And I don't believe its necessarily a 180 on his character. Remember Rio? Not to say that I wouldn't do the same things he did, but I'm just saying. Not necessarily 180.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

He was up and about (although in pretty bad shape) the same day he got shot, chasing suspects and what not, yet months later he didn't even try to help someone up? I would buy that if he was shown trying to help but not being able to because it hurt too much. But I can't quite jump to the conclusion that he couldn't do it because he didn't even try.

I think Rio was the beginning of the 180. I am not of the opinion (like some fans) that he went there to kill Riaz. He said he was going to Rio to bring him back. He ended up beating the guy up because he attacked Eric but I think that he never went there with the intention of killing him. But I do think it was the beginning of the change for his character.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think he went there (to Rio) with intent to kill him (Riaz) either. I think with the pedophile, he was in the middle of pondering whether or not to help him and just couldn't make up his mind and then the guy fell and H was like "oh well".

4. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

As a long-time H-Fan, I was disappointed & saddened to see TPTB's final push of the H-character (not on the fence) but over the fence to the Dirty H-airy side in CROWNED. It definitely is an intentional deconstruction of the H character by TPTB when you compare the H interaction with Edwin Chambers in 10.11 CROWNED VS. similar scenario & H interaction with Stewart Otis in 1.24 BODY COUNT. Although, IMHO the seeds 4 this Dirty H-airy push by TPTB seems to go back to at least S5 and maybe even S4 before the Marisol's death revenge stuff. :[

5. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

6. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Now that is a WEIRD one. The original spoiler talked about Horatio and a killer talking about cold blooded killers and then the room catching fire and us seeing Horatio leave and lock the door after him.

We all know the real ending which is Horatio letting the man fall to his death.

Now the official recap says that "in a final struggle with Horatio, the man commits suicide rather than face punishment for his crimes." That sure ain't what I saw. :confused::rolleyes:

It would seem that TPTB can't make up their minds what they want to admit to or what they wanted to have happen. :scream: Maybe they want to pretend the ending didn't happen the way it did because of bad feedback or maybe they want to shock more innocent viewers by telling them one thing and then giving them another. :rolleyes:

No matter what is going on, it is weird!!:wtf:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It isn't TPTB trying to make us view it differently. Whoever is managing the 'Miami' site hasn't been on top of things -- it seems they're "recapping" what is in the scripts/early drafts instead of the aired episode itself. See the recap for 'Blown Away' - they still have down that Calleigh & Walter are at the home & that Calleigh is in the tornado/found under debris (that was changed to Ryan before spoilers even came out).
    I wouldn't wrack my brain over this recap of 'Crowned' -- someone is apparently asleep at the wheel over at the CBS site.

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Not for the first time. It's sad that someone at CBS has so little respect for what was (and still is, even if it's getting on in years) one of their biggest series. A little care and accuracy isn't asking much...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  9. GregNickRyanFan

Did the person who wrote that review on CBS' site even watch the episode? They said Edwin committed suicide. Unintentional suicide, maybe.