Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Wow! I never noticed that. Now that I look.. yeah, she does, a little bit... weird..

2. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

darn, yeah. thanks again. that's in S4. jeeez, gotta get me a holiday.
    got stuck in my f************n black hole office here.

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I only went back a few pages in this thread so I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but has anyone seen EV in a movie called "Secondhand Lions"? It stars Robert Duvall and Michael Caine as curmudeonly, eccentric bachelor brothers, and Haley Joel Osment as their great-nephew who gets dumped on them for the summer (and eventually for life). EV has a short but extremely pivotal role as "Princess Jasmine, the most beautiful woman in the world". She plays the love and late wife of Robert Duvall's character back in his younger days, and years later Haley Joel's character finds an old photo of her and falls in love with her.

It's a great, humorous, touching "feel good" movie, and it's rerunning currently on the TNT channel, I believe. It's definitely worth catching, and EV was gorgeous in it (how could she not be? ;) ) I nearly didn't recognize her until I saw her name in the credits, because she was in costume for her role.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I've seen the movie several times, MB, but I've never recalled seeing Emmanuelle in the movie. :eek: Shame on me. You're right though, it's a great touching feel good movie and it's a great movie to watch when your in a bad mood and looking for something to cheer you up. Michael Caine and Robert Duvall are hilarious in it. I'll now have to rent it and see Emmanuelle in it.

5. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

Since you have mentioned Secondhand Lions (SHL), I do feel guilty now that i can't find the dvd of it. The first time i watched it i had NO IDEA that Princess Jazmine was played by Emmanuelle (obviously i didn't know her then)
    Now that's one dvd i'll surely keep with her in it, even if she didn't talk in the movie.

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Yeah, I was totally clueless when I first saw it that she was in it, it didn't "click" with me at all that it was her. Then when I saw her name in the credits, I thought WTF...? :wtf: I couldn't figure out who she possibly could have played, because there was only 1 main (younger) female character in the movie, and she was played by Kyra Sedgwick... that's when I realized Holy Crap, she must have been Princess Jasmine! :lol:

7. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

i forgot to mention that yesterday was EV's birthday...oh well, sorry guys...

That was when CSINY S3 wasn't out yet so i really have no idea it was her, as Jazmine & Angell. Yeah, the end credits would always surprise me, like the day i watched Young Guns 2 and saw William Petersen's name (as Pat Garret)

...meanwhile i'm still struggling to look for the dvd...:(

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, so "Cerberus" isn't usually my cup of tea, but I watched it for two reasons: 1) Emmanuelle and 2) Sebastian Spence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes please. :devil:

Overall, the movie kinda sucked, but it could have been much worse. Some of the acting was iffy, some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy, and the special effects weren't exactly high-end. However, it was fun and cheesy, and Emmanuelle and Sebastian made up for any bad points by being awesome and hot together. ;)

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I only watched that movie because of you and Emmanuelle, because I really wanted to see her in something else other than NY, and yes the movie was not good, there were so many LOL worthy moments in there that I lost count, the dialogue was way off, and the special effects weren't that special. But I did it just to ogle Emmanuelle :D

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: I hope you ogled Sebastian's arms a bit while you were at it. :p

Is it bad that I kinda want to add the movie to my Amazon wishlist? :eek:

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I feel offended, you insult my shallowness :D Anyway the movie was kind of on the sucky side, but Emmanuelle wasn't bad at all (and neither was Sebastian)

12. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

The pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ She has such beautiful cheekbones. And the colour of her hair is really nice as well.

A couple weeks ago, my friend & I were walking in Vancouver to this centre to watch a uefa euro cup match. Anyway, we're a couple blocks away from the place & suddenly, I see this woman who looks *exactly* like Emmanuelle. Same facial features, same hair colour etc. I was almost ready to approach this lady & ask if she was, in fact Emmanuelle. For a second I thought, why would a celeb be walking the streets of Vancouver with just a friend. Than again, I remember most celebs frequent Robson Street alone, without a friend or bodyguard. The resemblance was uncanny. I dunno, maybe I was seeing things but it was pretty cool. And now, I'll always wonder if it really was her :lol:.

14. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

hey, nice to be back here. i'm just giving myself a punishment for breaking some rules here that kept me in hot water for a while.

anywho, for the past few days i've been watching nothing but my S3 & S4 of CSI:NY & frankly, the image of Det Angell had never left my mind since. From the first hours of work to the end of the day, it's just her (and flack, in some occassions ) and her alone. i dunno, but you guys are right. it's the cheekbones, killer dimples, and the way her teeth looks (;) )when she smiles in the middle of working out a crime scene & such. Thank God for TPTB for casting her in (yeah i know it sound like a broken record but it's true! )

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  15. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

Sebastian Spence - the guy looks familiar...has he had any TV series recently?
    just asking...and Emmanuelle, well, good girl, bad movie. nuff sed