Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

^ Oh, it really should though! :D

2. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

Would love to have an all Angell storyline, but regulars such as Hawks doesn't even have one so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one. Wait a minute, I just discovered I can post pics ...whoop! .... whatever happened to "you have to make 100 posts"? Luvs this new board!!!!! :lol:

[​IMG]

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

You know this board is seriously confusing sometimes. :lol: Who knows, maybe AntonyF changed the board permissions and the 100-post requirement is gone. :D

Very true. The show is very uneven when it comes to dishing out storylines to its characters. Seems Danny and Mac get the brunt of it and whatever is left is dished out to the rest. But still, an Angell-storyline, even if Mac plays a big part in it would be great, as long as we can get her more screen time. :)

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i think it would be cool to get an Angell storyline so the writers can see how we the fans react and talk about the story. all i'll say is that CSI has/has like cast members in their opening credits and has been able to balance out their character moments and stories through out the years. hopefully NY can do the same thing.

maybe with NY being more personal than the others it's hard to fit everyone in give them good storylines. who knows.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

NY introduces too many characters at once I think and then they don't have enough time to appropriately give enough screen time to everyone. Of course the recurring characters naturally don't get as much as the regulars, but still, it's far too uneven.

I think we may have asked this before, but do we know if her brothers are cops aswell, or just her father? That might make a good team somewhere along the line (if daddy's still around). Maybe a case from the far far far past and Flack Sr. and Angell Sr. has to make an appearance. That would be cool.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

True, but recurring characters like Angell are never going to get equivalent screen time to the other characters. She makes sense as a recurring character, but, in my opinion, only because it doesn't make sense to have Flack as the only Homicide Detective working every case. I think Angell does OK for screen time, and I do really like her and often think she should have more time, but not if that was to the detriment of other characters. After all it does often seem that other people, like Hawkes, are let down when TPTB are doling out screen time, and he is supposed to be a regular. :lol: Angell has her role, and Emmanuelle does it brilliantly, I do hope that CSI: NY doesn't lose her as she is great.

As far as I'm aware the only time it's been mentioned is in Flack's flirty little conversation, so we don't know. I kind of think that a couple of her brothers may be cops too, I can certainly imagine that being the case. I have to say, my interpretation of Flack and Angell's conversation would suggest that Flack didn't know until then that her father was a cop, so I'm not sure whether Flack Sr. and Angell Sr. would know each other. We may never know... ;)

7. MakeTracksCowboy

the Flack sr and Angell's dad storyline would be really cool to see. the dads could have been friends but only in the working environment not outside. we'd get a good dose of Angell and Flack drama; i'd be all for it.

while i was at work today i saw this new dvd from the 8 Films to Die For series and Emmanuelle was on in the movie and on the cover. the movie is called "Unearthed", you can't even really notice she's on the cover unless you read/know she's in the movie. i guess Emmanuelle likes doing the horror movie circut lol.

8. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Put me in the boat of people who would love to see more Angell, but not at the expense of other characters.

I agree with those who think she does pretty well for screentime, given that she's just a recurrer. A character who falls into that category is not going to get an arc. An Angell-heavy single episode might not be as unlikely, but still, there are many other characters who should be in line for some increased exposure before her. What I'd love to see is a Flack-centric episode with a secondary focus on Angell. It would be especially interesting if it centred on homicide unit/police precinct instead of the crime lab, and if they spent some time fleshing out both of their family backgrounds.

I continue to wonder whether Emmanuelle might eventually be promoted to regular, ala Louise Lombard back on Original Flavour, but her addition might make the cast too bloated. I do believe it's possible to balance a cast of that size, but NY already seem to struggle with the regular characters they have, so increasing the size of the group might not be the smartest idea. I'd hate to see them lose EV because she's not contractually locked down, though (I assume). That would be a huge shame.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I don't think her addition to the NY cast would make it seem too bloated. The LV cast when Louise Lombard joined was too large, yes, and sadly her character got neglected. But at the time they had 8 or 9 other regulars and 4-6 recurring characters. NY has 7 regs and really only 3 recurring (Sid, Kendall, Angell). I don't think adding Angell would bloat the cast, though I think Sid would probably be the most natural person to add next and 8 regs probably is enough.

Either way, I'd like to see more of Angell. I think a recurring character can have a good storyline with a main character--kind of like Reed Garrett with Mac, or Peyton with Mac.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

As much as I love Angell, I'll only accept her as a regular once they start acknowledging the existence of Sheldon Hawkes and gives him some good fun. And I agree with Top, I'd pick Sid to be next up for a promotion to regular.

I don't think they necessarily need to know each other. They could have worked the same case in different departments or at different times, or by some other link so that both of them need in on a current case. That would bring Flack and Angell together - which always sound good in my ears :rolleyes: :p

11. MakeTracksCowboy

maybe NY can do for Angell what Miami does with Valera. the character is in a couple of eps a year yet they once in a while give her some good storylines (ex: her getting in trouble with some mistakes in the lab, admitting she may have killed Natalia's ex...).

Angell is a good recurring character, she adds something more that i cannot think of at the moment. she gets along with the other characters and is pretty laid back from what we've seen of her.

i don't think it's a problem of the cast being too big already to add Angell to the main cast. some of you mentioned CSI where they had almost like 9 recurring characters going. they probably keep some characters/actors as recurring b/c they don't wanna pay them as much as a regular (ex: Camille Guaty who played Piper on Las Vegas. she was on the show basically as a regular but TPTB didn't want to pay her as much so she was always credited as a guest star).

i think TPTB/writers like Angell/EV and are giving her some kind of storyline with Flack to give the character something to come back for rather than just a detective who says a few lines here and there.

12. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

Finally, there's one thread on nice things about Det. Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) of CSI:NY. I first saw her on Season 3 & i'm loving her ever since - sexy & snarky - perfect female version of Flack...come to think of it, she's the reincarnation of Det. Aiden Burn (before she died of course in Season 2).

Anyway, i'm loving the posts here so far. thanks for putting it up.:p

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^:eek: Who's been saying mean things about Angell?? TELL ME so we can condition them properly on the beauty and elegance, and sexiness that is Det. Jessica Angell. :p

Yeah, I think I'm still high on something....

Welcome kayfeb :)

^I like the way TPTB have been making her flirt with Flack. It's to see that because Danny and Lindsay seem to be over their flirty period. :eek: Is it some kind of TPTB ritual or something? Flirt, flirt, flirt, bad bad bad storyline, awkwardness, awkwardness, awkwardness. I hope they don't do that to Angell. They've caused enough confusion already as it is.

14. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

thanks, Gaelen (that was quick). somewhere in the CBS message boards. that's all i can say for now. shhhhhh:cool:

before there wasn't anyone good enough to be a street smart new yawker cop before. Kelly Hu was good in S2, but, dunno. she was never seen in the next episodes.:wtf: CSI:NY was a very good break for EV, since she had quite few of, erm, bad movies before.:vulcan: Thank God they casted her in the series.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah, gotcha. *leaves it at that*

Well, this forum is the place for any old opinions you have--and some of us love Angell. I have quite the girlcrush on her, if you couldn't tell already. *cough*

I liked Maka (Kelly Hu) too, and it sucks that they only had her in 4(?) episodes. But I love Angell, and it's nice to see them stick with one secondary detective rather than continuing to rotate them all over the place.

I don't think I saw Emmanuelle on anything before NY (or at least nothing I remembered her from). But I've heard about some of her previous roles. :p