Emily/Calleigh #13 - SuperCalleighfragilisticexpeEmilicious!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Re: Emily/Calleigh #13

Hi guys!!Did you see new spoilers?
    So I guess Cal survives 8.20 after all :) Just as expected by us...In 8.21 there will be no trace of what happened to her in the previous epi as she will be chasing Jake in 8.21 already...:confused: I'm glad that the actor is back, but hope that means no problems in Hiphuggerland(and seriously I don't think so)
    What do you think?

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, it might just be a, what is it called....a dose of realism to NOT have Calleigh all tip top in the health department for the rest of the season and even into the next one. Nothing big, just have her confined to the Lab for several episodes and then have a passing mention that she finally got clearance to go back into the field, maybe she's a bit out of breath at one point. No major drama, but c'mon, I had a hard time swallowing that she was okay after SGYCSI's.I did a lot of research wher ARDS is concerned and they screwed up in a huge way. It should have been far longer that she would have been even allowed into the Lab, let alone into the field. She should have lasting comploications...oh, I don't know, like Delko and his intermittant issues. Stupid and useless to make the character go through the trauma and then treat it like it never happened. Deplorable in research and wrtiting. They're not afraid of "roughing up" Catherine Willows (let's see, she got drugged and date raped and left alone in a scumbag motel room) or Stella Bonasera (injuries from tussling with suspects/bad guys), but Calleigh must remain pristine? The last time we saw her not pristine was back in season two's Dead Zone. The mongo bruise from the spear gun. Besides, I'd like to see Emily bring her acting chops seriously into play and really do some extra fine work. Unwilling and unwanted vulnerability could be an excellent challenge.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

One thing this show has NEVER been is realistic!!!

So I am soooo not surprised that Cal will be fine in the eps following 820!! I personally think the ordeal is meant to be more an eye opener for her personal and professional life and than it is for her physically.

But again, not surprised that there will be no after effects...there rarely ever is. They only brought Eric's injury back up when it suited them (the premiere) before that we heard zero about it.

4. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

But why do all the eye openers have to be near death experiences?

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Good question hahgirl. Maybe like in real life (the only realism echoed here) sometimes you don't know what you have until you lose it or nearly lose it. I don't think the events in 8x20 will so much of an eppiphay for Calleigh, but, maybe Eric. He came close to losing her last year. Who knows? But nearly losing something or someone that's so very important to you can make you sit up and take notice. Since we're talking ablut Calleigh, nearly losing her life for a second time in just over 12 months might make her take stock of what's really important to her. Maybe she'll realise that you need to live every day like it was your last because it just could be.

6. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Hey girls!! As always we are talking about big things in this thread, you are the best!!!

I have a new article for you all, looks like zap2it has fallen in love with Emily and is following her everywhere. Here she is: Here Talking about "Backfire", being an action girl and her favorite tea spots...

7. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

awsome lusiana88 love the article

good job

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Hi guys, I feel CSI deprived. I'm dying for the new epis. I liked that article, Emily just so fun.

Either they're gonna do 821 2 weeks after her being in the hospital or in the lab all the time. I wanna see the tension between the love triangle (like there's one anymore). I hope for Jake going for a kiss and her dogging it, that'd be FUNNNY!:lol:

9. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

Ya know, after SGIYC I would of thought that Calleigh would of at least have gotten a little bit of astma or summat (thnk thts how u spell Astma), but after this epi (8x20) I expect that she would have some problems wiv her breathin, like she might have 2 take some pills or summat, ya know like Abbie (Dakota Fanning) did in the movie Trapped.

10. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Oh wow-you guys decided to use my thread name suggestion! Thanks so much!:)

Originally Posted by baybeehannah:
    Ya know, after SGIYC I would of thought that Calleigh would of at least have gotten a little bit of astma or summat (thnk thts how u spell Astma), but after this epi (8x20) I expect that she would have some problems wiv her breathin, like she might have 2 take some pills or summat, ya know like Abbie (Dakota Fanning) did in the movie Trapped.

I've read in an article in the main page that what happened in Ep. 8.20 was aggravated by a previous lung problem. They just didn't show it but I guess she did have a residual effect from what happened in SGIYC.

11. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Oh wow-you guys decided to use my thread name suggestion! Thanks so much!;)

I read an article posted in the main page saying that what happened to Calleigh in 8.20 was aggravated by a previous lung problem. Maybe they did not show it but I guess she did have a residual effect from what happened in SGIYC.

12. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Soorrrry for double posting! I guess I'm still half awake.

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey It happens when we are half awake and excited to share stuff. Don't let it happen too often or you'll get slapped down by the mods. They trend to be cool until you stir the hornets' nest too much.

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I think they cared a lot more about reality and accuracy during the early years, but as the show took on a more "superhero/comic book" feel, that went completely out the window, along with a lot of other things.

That gets under my skin too--a near-death injury, and then it's like it never happened. Don't even get me started on Ryan's OCD! I have a close friend who's OCD, so I know a thing or two about that, and Ryan's been doing things no OCD person would dream of.

Don't worry, I think we've all double-posted at some point. I'm sure the mods will politely remind you. That's okay; they're just trying to keep the spambots away. (Ec4ever, I just looked at your avatar. Is Calleigh wearing a shirt in the bathtub?)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Too true. They've made their characters (especially Horatio, as much as I adore the guy) nearly invincible. Sure some are in the hospital, but then in the next ep they're out and back to work. :lol: It's very unrealistic.

By the way, does anyone remember the last episode we saw Calleigh at target practice or whatever where she test fires the guns? I miss those scenes. It's been so long. I hope we see Cal do that before the end of the season. :) I like to see that as much as I like Horatio in a labcoat. :lol:

I don't think they're in the tub. I think that's the scene from "In The Wind" where they're on the bed. :)

That article at the sidebar, I like where Emily goes "fire in the hole". :lol: I didn't read the whole article cause when I click on one of those full articles in my IE browser, it either won't work or it freezes my computer. :(

By the way, cool thread title. :) Very creative.