Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'm glad they changed her character showing more her human side. It's not normal when you keep your emotions hidden deep down inside all the time. No matter what happened to her she was always fine and it looked like it didn't affect her, which is rather unbelivable.
    So I'm not surprise it finally get her and she started to change slowly in this season. I think she understood at last, that it's nice to have someone to lean on in hard times and it doesn't have to mean you are week or not independent. Being in relationship with someone she can trust and count on and being able to stay strong and self-confident doesn't have to dodge.:)
    And I agree, that her reaction to Eric's question confirms she's not weak or needy, but it confirms that she definitely knows where she stand.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Before expressing my idea I'd like to clarify something ;)

The fact that some people may not enjoy Calleigh's development doesn't mean that those people are blaming Emily for it, at all.
    Emily Procter is an actress who's just doing her job. Surely she can suggest something to TPTB, but her character is written by the writers & not by her. So blaming an actress just b/c her character looks different or b/c you started disliking her character is a little bit stupid, IMHO, & I do think that isn't the intention of those people you're referring to.
    I do fell involved in this sentence b/c I'm having some issues with her character, right now, but I, for once, do not blame Emily for it just b/c I respect her & I do think she's just doing a great job in conveyin with Calleigh's feelings & action.
    So I'm not blaming her & I'll never dare to do it b/c I respect her too much! ;)

Ok I'll answer to my questions :lol:
    Yes. She changed a lot & usually change is always a good thing especially for any actor. It is challenging! Thank god she changed so that we aren't bored & Emily had some pretty good stuff to work on.

I'd say both!
    On one hand she changed into a human being. Surely, when she just loved guns I thought she wasn't a human girl, I mean she was so concentrated on her job that I really doubted she had a private life. I thought she was living in the lab, quite honestly :lol:. Not to mention that she softened with the men. She gives them more & more space which is a good thing, usually.
    On the other hand I do see a weak Calleigh I've never seen before. Of course, she was too strong at the very beginning of the show, but as a person who watched this show since its first episode (I'm not using it as a justification for my POV, it's just that I do feel lots of things happened since the first episode ;)), I do see lots of changes which seem quite off.
    She has gone through lot of things especially from s3:
    -Tim's death
    -her father drinking & drinking (BTW is he alive or dead in some bar?)
    -Ryan's arrival. Let's say that it was just traumatic for a person who had just lost her best friend.
    -Hagen's death which hit her very hard. I mean she left firearms for a while b/c of it (I still can't belive she didn't say goodbye to Miami after that event)
    -the mole stuff.
    -Her 10000000 carcrashes
    -her very bad love stories
    -her kidnapping
    -her lung problems.
    Of course she had to change b/c of all these events, but when I see such a weak (pass me this term 'cause I can't think of a better one) Calleigh letting her guards down right when a russian guy is attacking her (maybe that's b/c of her lung problems, but still I don't think it can justify her reaction) I do feel like I've lost my fav. character.
    Same thing for her when she's too concentrated on her love stories to think about anything else especially her job.
    I mean s1 & s2 Calleigh was so cheerful & so excited to work that when I see her being so listless (I do think that the ladies room scene kind explained it so well) or being involved in very unprofessional actions (even if they're made to help her friends, some actions remain unprofessional!) I feel completely lost. Not to mention that I feel like I've lost part of the reason why I've been wathing this show with so much joy.

IMHO, Emily has been too good for at dealing with this change.
    Her character became so human & emotional. For Emily this kind of acting is just a piece of cake!!! Give her a scene like the one she had in "Wrecking Crew" or like the one she had lots of other Calleigh's centic episodes & you have the icing on the cake!!!

But sometimes I do feel she has very few promotion & when she has it that's b/c of a possible relationship with any other character.
    At the beginning of s6 she had some good promotion b/c she was going to be part of a triangle.
    Then, from s6 going on she had some promotion b/c she was going to be part of a relationship with Adam Rodriguez.
    Ok here's what I'm going to say. Emily Procter is not Adam Rodriguez &, above all, she's not Calleigh Duquesne! They're 2 completely different people.
    Calleigh is a fictional character on a TV show while Emily is a real person who's working everyday to make most of the fans happy.
    I do think she deserves lots of better advertisments than she's having right now. People are advertizing her just b/c she's "oh she's Calleigh Duquesne, the hot chick who has a relationship with the hot guy!!!!".
    No that's not the advertisment an actress like her deserves. We want her to get a so much deserved award, but, IMHO, it's pretty impossible for her to get it as long as she goes one working for this show which is just changing her character so that they can have more viewers & get more advertisment. That's not how it should work for her.
    How can she show her great talent with some pretty bad storylines for her character?
    She's a great actress & she showed it more than once also in some movies like "Family Plan" or "Turnover". Sometimes I do feel like she has to go on with movies b/c yeas I do think that sometimes her talent is underused or, even worse, used in the wrong way.

Sorry, but I just felt I had to do it ;)

I'll just write one name......Duke Duquesne ;).
    Even introducing her mother could have been a pretty good idea b/c, in that case, we could have really known in what circumstances she had to grow up ;)

3. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Well, I don't agree with some things that you said, but I guess everyone has their opinion and if we respect them we will live happy forever :lol:
    But I also agree with other things :)

I was looking for West Wing clips and I found this one that cracks me up :guffaw:
    Emily looks great on it :D
    She's a really nice singer, don't you think? :p

4. electra

electra Pathologist

Florry,it's up to personal interpretation but I do think there is Emily bashing.We should agree to disagree.

Emily definely deserves some recognition but CSI in general doesn't get much ,so is unlikely.I think only Catherine from CSI LV was nominated to an Emmy.Is a shame becouse the cast is quite talented.:(

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well trust me I'm not bashing her & I wouldn't dare to do it, at all b/c she's one of my fav. acresses ever. So I really don't se why we should agree to disagree ;)

csifann1 that's one of my Emily's fav. scenes ever. I just can't get over at her puppy face at the end of the clip. Not to mention that her screem when the president came in was :eek:.
    I just loved Emily too much on that show :thumbsup:

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Florry,I never meant that it was you who did that.Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for the info csifan!!

7. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Hmm... Can I write some question for us to debate? :)

Ok, here we go:
    Do you think that Emily enjoys playing her character, Calleigh? If yes or no, why?

Have fun ;)

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think she does enjoy playing Calleigh. She seems very excited and happy when she answers questions about the storylines Calleigh gets. I remember her saying that she wanted to have more action sequences and do them herself. I don't remember if this was before Going Under but I do remember it was before Stand your Ground. She did both without stunt doubles. I even remember her saying that she hurt (or broke) her little finger when she was rolling around in Stand your Ground which to me (along with the fact that she wanted to do these scenes) shows how dedicated she is to her role.

She also said that she wanted the writers to give Calleigh a boyfriend and she seemed to really enjoy the fact that she was given two (this was in the middle of the triangle, so I guess that's why she said she had two boyfriends :lol:). In the interviews I've seen now that Cal has a relationship with Eric I've seen Emily quite excited and happy with what's happening. I know that they are not going to go on public saying "the writers shouldn't have done this or that" but I can say she genuinely looks happy and excited with what's been happening to her character (in her personal and proffesional life).

I think that she does like playing Cal and that she has gotten to do things that she really wanted and so that must please her more. She even got to chew gum!! For some reason she wanted Calleigh to do that :lol:.

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I thinks she enjoys it, cause every change in the character is a challenge for her. If she had to act always the same way I suppose she'd get bored sooner then later. So from this point of view I guess changes in a character are always welcome by actores/actress. Their job rest on showing the feelings of a character they impersonate, thus more changes more interesting role to play. And lately Calleigh went through a lot, so this was definitely interesting for her to deal with all the staff. She's a great actress, so when she gets a good story line she's doing amazing job showing us what is happening with the character she plays.:)

10. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

A good friend sent to anawardforemily an interview Emily did on KMVQ-FM last March 2nd.

Enjoy

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thanks!! :)

As always she is so funny!! She really makes me wish I was Adam's friend :lol:. He sounds like such a great guy. Loved when in the end she said to the one doing the interview "go be a body" or something to that effect :lol:.

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Thank you for posting it. I love the interviews with her, she's so funny and sweet. And she always says good things about the others.:thumbsup:

13. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Thanks for posting!;) She is so amazing, I just loved it. She's so sweet and bubbly. It was hilarious. :lol:;)

14. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

Emily at Lax, 29 march 2009. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

No probeem, I just wanted to clarify it ;)

Thank you so much for this interview :thumbsup:. Emily is always so funny & cheerful :D

Thank you so much for these pics :thumbsup:. I love whenever they take pic of an actor at the airport.
    I still can't get how it is possible she was having fun during the check-in especially after they took off her shoes :lol:.

No you can't :p. Of course, you can lol otherwise what would be the fun thing of forums? :lol:
    Yeah I do think she's enjoying playing Calleigh for different reasons:
    -as she once said Calleigh is completely different from her & we all know that for an actor this thing is challenging. Actors & actresses love challenges.
    -the more she plays Calleigh the more she'll have to identify well lets's say convey with her feelings. When Calleigh is happy she must be happy even if she just had a bad day, when Calleigh finally breaks down she has to break down for her even if she just had the best day of her life . And, again, this is challenging for an actress. Not to mention that Calleigh is becoming more & more emotional. There's no better thing for an actor.
    - from a more materialistic POV, she wouldn't be going on playing this character, if she didn't enjoy it & she wouldn't have signed the contract she signed last year :p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.