Emily/Calleigh #10 : 'A Perfect 10'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by HoratioStalker, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Me too...;)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

ok here's a funny vid of Emily in "Just shoot me" I found on youtube.
    Just shoot me

Thanks to heatherlaurettelewis who made it;)

3. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Loved it! She's so versatile. I'm not used to seeing her as a bitchy news anchor, she plays it well.

On a side note, she looks hot in that outfit, even if it is a little garish.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:guffaw::guffaw:Whenever I see her in a scene like this she cracks me up!!! Really!!!
    Yep she's such a versitile actress...plus she's very funny when she acts like a bitchy..loved it!!!
    Could you imagine a bitchy Calleigh on CSI:Miami??? I would love it..well she always is with Erica Sikes...but that's another story:p.

Garish or not garish she always looks gorgeous w/ every kind of outfit;)

5. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Hello! :)I'm not new but please, call me Casper. I've always been an admirer of Emily and I gotta admit that she's the one who always brings on the laughter on CSI:M. Well, at least back before the characters got so dark and somewhat scary. I have to say that the thread title is very apt! Haha! Calleigh's wonderful in so many ways in my eyes. I just can't stand how serious she has gotten in these recent seasons. I only just wish to hear her laugh more often. Anyone got any recent caps of her smiling or laughing or even giggling? Heh..

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I've got this one when she told "you're my hero" in the last episode ("Going Ballistic)
    [​IMG]
    This was, to me, a grin...not a real smile.
    But I have to say that I can't see the real Calleigh's smile since ages:( maube since BBYD when she was talking about the cofee machine she wanted
    smile

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

To be honest, I wouldn't be smiling properly if my lad had just randomly blown up :lol:

I think I mentioned it about Eric, but of course she's different. Yes, I miss happy flirty, crazy Calleigh, but she's grown since the first season. She's learnt, she's lost her naivety. She's been hurt by men, friends, family; it's only normal for her to be 'different 'now. Think about it, if she was exactly the same as she was in the earlier seasons, Emily would be slated for not developing her character. Everything that happens to her has a consequence, and I think Emily does a great job showing how that affect Calleigh in the moment, and the time after.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Her face right after the fire was pierceless:lol:. It cracked me up to see her pouting in that way...poor Calleigh.

You couldn't say it better adorelo. She changed a lot since the beginning and honesty if she hadn't changed
    1) it could have been a little bit boring to see her always happy & cheerful although, I have to say I wouldn't mind. I mean I always love cheerful people who can find something positive also in the worst crime scenes.
    2) Emily Procter could have been considered a normal actress who couldn't change her acting or develope her character.
    In my opinion, Emily did a terrific job developing Calleigh's character & protraiting all her changes.
    I still can't get over her terrific job she did w/ Calleigh about the whole kidnapping stuff:thumbsup:.
    Thanks to Emily we know there's something wrong w/ Calleigh & she has changed a lot since her kidnapping (eg. she doesn't stay close to suspects when she talks w/ them, she worries about crime scenes & cases not that she didn't but she changed her approach w/ crime & criminals). I don't think we could have seen it without her acting ;)

9. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

That pout was adorable :lol:. She looked like a sulking kid, teehee.

That's the bit I miss. I couldn't word it properly before (don't think I'd woken up properly). I miss the 'only you can find something good to come out of a hurricane' Calleigh. She was amazing; we don't get that lightness about her anymore.

I personally love the angst TPTB have created with the Eric/Calleigh/Jake triangle (if you can even call it that anymore) - it was a great we to utilize Emily's skills, as she does angst so well.

Only complaint I have to the writers is that they don't giver her the 'light' scenes to balance the dark ones. The troubles with her father were more poignant because it was always counter-balanced with the light-hearted Calleigh. They've stopped doing that now, for some reason.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ahahah I just watched "Hurricane Anthony".
    She really was 'way too cheerful' :lol:. Probably that one was her best moment ever.
    She was so happy & positive about life.

Well as for the triangle (in my opinion it never existed...in different point of views.)....it was used in such a bad way.
    It could have been used to develop Calleigh but still till her kidnapping I didn't see a lot of changes in her character . There were tones of possibilieties w/ the triangle but honestly it was handled in the worst way possible.
    We never discovered what happened in Calleigh's past...all we knew before...is the same we know right now.
    Emily had a good opportunity and she handled it in a very good way...same thing for Adam Rodriguez & Johnny Whitworth but in my opinion TPTB wasted such a great opportunity:rolleyes:.

Yep I agree w/ you about the fact we always see dark scenes w/ Calleigh & we kinda never see a "light" scene.
    I know..I miss Duke Duquesne. His trouble were always pretty serious but she never lost her "light". I think Duke was the best way ever to develope Calleigh, I love their interactions & how Calleigh truely cared about him.
    It's such a shame they stopped it cause I loved that kind of storyline...plus I love Duke's character :D

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Great points all around! :D

I, too, think there's a lack of balance between lighthearted Calleigh and serious/angsty Calleigh. But I agree, if we didn't have what we have now, there would be no point in the character--there would be a huge setback in development. I might not always agree with how she's been developed recently, but I have to hand it to the writers, they certainly have added an edge to her that makes us want to know more.

But now and again, I'd like to have lighthearted Calleigh like in season two. (And I missed half the season 6 finale so I didn't get to see her bits. :()

And I really want to see her dad back. Their scenes were always so cute and it's so great to see how much Calleigh cares about him but always understanding that her father isn't perfect and she doesn't expect perfection from him.

I thought it was interesting when she said that her mother was more of a friend than an authority figure--would be neat if they delved into that some more as well.

As for the love triangle--it definitely was underutilized. It kind of seems as if they stopped it halfway or forgot about it along the way. The continuity bug always seems to escape out an open window somedays. *sigh*

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  12. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I agree with Flò, I miss the "way too cheerful" Calleigh of earlier season! A lot of things have changed since Speed's death and Emily has been great showing us every little aspect of Calleigh's development.

I miss Duke, too. He was the crack on the wall that gave us the chance to see more of Cal's past and private life. I'm curious to know if the experience of Under the Influence has changed him somewhat.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL EMILY'S FANS IN HERE: HAS SOMEONE LAST REGIS & KELLY INTERVIEW?
    Could someone post it somewhere?
    I've never seen it and I couldn't fuond it anywhere:(...I know you are all very kind and maybe could help me! Thank you...

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep. They never showed us if Duke cahnged after "Under The Influence". It would be a good storyline...we know Emily is very good in developing Calleigh's character w/ good storylines (she's able to do it w/ bad storylines;))

Ahhh "Regis&Kelly" interview w7 Emily:brickwall:. I need it!!! I was never able to saw it. As far as I know it's very interesting...plus Emily wears such a nice pink shirt!!!
    It's impossible nobody has it:(
    Pleaaaseeee someone post it somewhere. Thanks:)

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Aww, I missed her on Regis & Kelly? :( When was she on? I hope someone has it - Emily is so awesome in interviews - you can really see how "different" she is from her character. Although I have to say that Seasons 1-2 Cal was a lot like Emily ;)

I definitely think we need to bring Duke back!! But I just wanted to note that "Under the Influence" was not the last time he appeared :) The last time we saw Duke was in the Season 3 ep. "Recoil", toward the end of the season. Duke actually helped H and Cal get an abusive mother away from her kid. When last we saw him, he seemed to be doing better, and was still a practicing attorney. :bolian: However, who knows what's happened since. It's also odd that Cal's been through so much and Duke hasn't been in the picture?? :confused: Oh well, let's hope TPTB can bring back Duke next year so Cal can have a somewhat NORMAL storyline ;) (ie: where she's not getting run off the road or kidnapped :lol: )

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep she was on the show on 03-24-2008 but it looks like nobody is able to post that interview.
    I always love her interviews on "Live with Regis & Kelly". As far as I know it's not so funny as always (she talked about her voice problems), but still I think it should be very interesting ;).

Yep I remembered it ,but, except for the comments Ryan made about him, I don't remember his situation being developed (If I'm not mistaken he was trying to solve his problem).
    It would have been nicer if they mentioned him at least another time in these last 3 years.

Exactly. At least they should have mentioned him during her kidnapping stuff. Great choice not to mention both her boyfriend & her dad in that episode:rolleyes: . Come on....nobody informed Duke about Calleigh's disappearance?? I mean she was missing for more than 24 hours.
    I'd really love to see him back...in a normal situation too:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.