Eddie Cahill to Participate in Live CSI Files Chat Wednesday

Re: Eddie Cahill to Participate in Live CSI Files Chat Wedne

I wonder I wonder why it wasn't put as moderated chat right away if there was problems with spammers? Y'know mode what they use during "the chat" ? :p

Isn't it amazing how "fun" it is to... erm... what would be the right word... fuck up the chat that, what has taken lots and lots of work from some people to make it happen and that a person who is busy, finds time to do that with their fans :rolleyes:

DaWacko said:
I wonder I wonder why it wasn't put as moderated chat right away if there was problems with spammers? Y'know mode what they use during "the chat" ? :p

Isn't it amazing how "fun" it is to... erm... what would be the right word... fuck up the chat that, what has taken lots and lots of work from some people to make it happen and that a person who is busy, finds time to do that with their fans :rolleyes:

I can't speak for the moderators, but from experience in running (other) chat rooms, putting up +m is a pretty draconian measure.

ejacksonian said:
DaWacko said:

I can't speak for the moderators, but from experience in running (other) chat rooms, putting up +m is a pretty draconian measure.

Yes, it ruins fun from those who actually behave, but if prevents chat failing, like it did last night - I am sure people wouldn't mind. That's how the chat has been earlier with these Live Chats.

And there's lots of people who are not registered here...

But the opposite thing is that Top has to stop arraging these chats ;)

i loooved it! :) eddie is soo funny, he made me laugh when he talked about how it was behind the scenes, he said: 'well, not that hectic, we're not air traffic controllers!' smart, eddie, veeery smart.. :D he's very kind to his fans, and that's a good thing about it (actually, i can't think of anything bad about him... :devil:) it was very funny, i had to sneak to the pc to join the chat, and my mom got up once, but she didn't hear or saw me, so lucky me. :p i just told my dad what i did last night, he laughed and said he didn't mind, and that he thought it was smart of me to be so quiet and all. :lol: it was worth it by the way, worth all the pain when i tried to skip one step on the stairs, because that one makes a sound when you put your feet on it.LOL :lol: worth all the nerves when i heard a sound, thinking my mom could come in any minute. after eddie was gone, i slipped up the stairs again, and went back to bed. nobody heard me, and i was a happy girl, because i talked to eddie!
(there was one minute when i thought i was going to be caught, cause when i turned on the pc, i forgot to turn OFF the VOLUME!! :eek: the pc always makes a welcome sound, so i think you could hear it upstairs.. luckily my parents didn't hear...)
I AM REALLYYYYYY SORRY for all those who couldn't come on the chat.. :( guys, don't worry, eddie is not dead yet (fwwwwwww, luckily not!!!!!!) so he will join the chat again, i hope. and then, when he does that, you'll all be there!!! :D and the trolls will be dead by then, cause i'm going to strangle them, myself, in person! :mad: they did kinda ruin our fun, i mean, i know you guys would have loved to be with us. and then they come, so the mod has to close the chat for any new visitors! so, to all the trolls: WHY US??? go spamming on another site, NOT here, and NOT while eddie is joining us for a chat!!! :mad: again, for the ones who couldn't be there, next time, we'll ALL be there, WITHOUT spammers and trolls. :)

The mods did their best, and they were able to get most of the issues resolved in time to have the chat with Eddie
I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to the mods and I'm sure they did a great job under difficult circumstances and I'm sorry if my comments were (mis)interpreted, but, as I, too, tried to log in early, it was very frustrating not being able to join the chat. I'm looking forward to the transcript

:eek: :eek: My mom woke up! I successed in sneaking the laptop upstairs, but once I turned the power on it made a really really loud noise! :eek: And now I missed it! :( Ah well, he'll come back. I hope. :(

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to the mods
Oh, I know. I just hate that so many people got frustrated because of a spammer causing problems. :( The chats should be fun for everyone.

As a person who is used to being the only one awake, muting the computer is a must. :lol: There are few things as annoying (when you're trying to keep your late-night internet visits a secret) than hearing that cheery crescendo disturb the peace of the house. :p

I wonder I wonder why it wasn't put as moderated chat right away if there was problems with spammers? Y'know mode what they use during "the chat" ?
But that would mean everyone would miss my ramblings (of a slashy nature) and we couldn't get headaches trying to keep up with our own chatter. *chuckles*

I see the point, but it sucks that we'd have to take those measures to avoid spammers. :(

Well everybody that was on here last night that couldn't get on all had Java on there computer, so I will just blame the spammer for his immaturity.

Sounds like I missed another great Chat. But with all the problems it sounds like a good thing I missed it. Besides I can always read the transcript. Too bad some regular email with questions couldn't have been supplemented with the chat to get some more questions in. Just a crazy thought. ;)

Faylinn said:

But that would mean everyone would miss my ramblings (of a slashy nature) and we couldn't get headaches trying to keep up with our own chatter. *chuckles*

Wouldn't have wanted to miss that neither :p The chat before everything was pretty fun too except for the spammers coming in ofcourse. :(

They're true sad weirdos for spamming up a chatroom and ruining it for others. :(

It was my first talkcsi chat and I absolute loved it. :devil: I sooo would stay up all night again for one. :devil:

^^ i second that Rellaaaa! really enjoyable, Eddie is hilarious. Its a pity about the glitches but it still managed to be fun! cheers Top41!! :D

OK, first of all, many, many apologies to those who tried to log onto the chat and weren't able to. As smoothly as our other chats have gone, this one was pretty much the opposite. Almost everything that could go wrong did.

Because of the troll, we had to close the chatroom. We set it to moderation like we always do, but then the person came on again with 50 different user names each time and distracted from the chat that way.

In addition to the troll, we had typing difficulties--for some reason, letters would get switched around or left out when I and others tried to type. We also had an admin from the chat channel, who, while nice enough to come in and help us, then started distracting from the chat.

The long and the short of it was that a lot of things went wrong last night. :( Eddie was extremely patient and stayed for over an hour, but the reality was we weren't able to ask as many questions as we would have liked to while dealing with the problem. I'm really sorry for that as well. I had set aside a lot more questions to ask than we got to.

The transcript should be up before too long (definitely in a shorter amount of time than previous ones) and you guys can at least read the transcript. We're going to work out these problems for the next chat, but I apologize to everyone who wasn't able to get in for this one.

We also had an admin from the chat channel, who, while nice enough to come in and help us, then started distracting from the chat.
Thongs, anyone? :lol: We had a Yahoo chat going once you guys turned on the moderation, and we had no idea who that person was. *lol*

Thanks for having the chat last night..even with all the difficulties it still was fun. Unfortunately I was only able to stay until 11:05 so does anyone know if my question about Stella/Flack was asked during the chat?

Is there any chance of another chat, or Top doing another interview with him so the questions that were missed can be asked?

Back