Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

:D I wish they would reveal these details in the show. Really, :rolleyes: the woman got me thinkin'.

I agree with Stella. I think Mac told Peyton about Claire (I really think so. She needed to know that 'cause well, they ARE having a relationship. It's vital to know those kind of things. Especially this is Mac we're talking about.) like he told Stella years ago (but somehow I also think that Stella mighta have known Claire for a while before 9/11).

2. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I'm sure Mac and Peyton have talked about Claire. You don't have year+ relationship with a person and not talk about the past. What makes it intriguing is if Peyton knew Claire.

I thought I read somewhere (or maybe it was in a really early episode - season 1?) that Stella and Mac had been partners for about 10 years. So, she'd only have a couple of years on Peyton.
    I just love background info and trying to piece it all together.

3. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Hmmm, interesting. I also love bg info and here are my thoughts:

1. Peyton worked in ME's office pre-911, so she might know Mac had a wife but at that time it was really more working relationship so she didn't necessarily know the detective's personal life in detail. Stella might knew Claire in person as she is Mac's working partner and friend. I even doubt whether Hawkes knew Claire in person. They might just only knew her name.

2. Peyton sort of leaving the Lab around 2001 to teach in Uni. She said in 307 that she spent 4 years with Hawkes in ME's office but the info from CBS said 2 years. Anyway I think when 911 happened she might have already left the ME's office. But she might heard about Mac's tragedy, from Hawkes maybe. She might even sent a card or whatever to express condolence as an old colleague or friend, but that was it.

3. At the end of season 1 Mac decided to move on, and later on, he and Peyton chance-encountered somewhere, maybe a conference. And that's how everything began. And then of course at some point I think Mac would talk about Claire with her.

I know I made lots of assumptions, so it's just a theory.

4. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ Thanks for the input guys. Now i got more things to ponder about her :lol:

5. Stella

Stella Rookie

Especially it's Mac we're talking about and he would not be Mac if talks easily about his past. It's a side of him which know only a few people from him. But when he know Peyton for so long he surely talked with her about Claire I'm pretty sure.

mj Me, too. :lol: The whole discussion about Peyton knew or not knew Claire make me do that.

6. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I watched "Open and Shut" this week, and Peyton does not appear in it, though I think I heard someone mentioning her, just can't remember who did it :p I think I haven't seen her in the past few episodes, since the second one, that is. I got a bit disappointed because of that, because I was curious about seeing more from her, also from Claire Forlani, and she didn't appear. But I think she will appear in this week's episode, if I am not mistaken, which will be good, because I really want to see a bit more from her, to actually have a real opinion about the character. Because I guess watching two episodes does not allow that.

7. Aaralyn_J

Aaralyn_J Dead on Arrival

No Peyton last night. Totally sucks. I hope she's in the next episode. Not that last night's ep was bad but...still, we need more Peyton.

8. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ dont worry we'll get some peyton very soon :D

9. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Her accents grates me. Maybe it's because I'm English, and her accent does sound 'fake' to me. It sounds like she is trying to speak with what we would call a forced 'upper-class' accent. I know that she is from England, and some people from here do speak using a similar accent, but there aren't many!

10. Stella

Stella Rookie

The same thing I noticed, too, but it's not that bad for me. But it sounds kind of strange when she speaks compared with accents from the other actors.
    Her accent isn't really a problem for me as long we will see her very soon...
    In the last episode I missed her...

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

To be honest, I tried not to like her at fist since I'm a Smacked shipper--but I thought that her vulnerability gave Mac a nice life-changing turn. To really live in the moment, something he hasn't donce since 911.
    I do like Peyton though. She makes Mac happy at the end of the day and her character is just so... intriguing. Claire Forlani is a gorgeous and great actress. I hope to see more of her.
    I can't wait for the Finale!
    *Hides from Smacked fans who called her 'Payless'*

12. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

13. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ :lol: somehow the "floating" word made me laugh :p made me remember my breakfast XD

thanks for sharing the article *misses asia* and boy whatta ending comment for an interview eh? :p cliffie.

kissme join the club :lol: SMacked fans who loves/don't mind Peyton nothing wrong... well for me anyway :p just in case, I have a hole we can hide in when they hunt us down. JK! :lol: :p

14. Stella

Stella Rookie

mj Can I join the whole when others hunt us? ;) I don't wanna be hunt so it would be great when there's a place for me, too. :D

kissme You're not the only one who do not try to like Peyton because I did so, too. But in a little while I started to like Peyton especially when she is with Mac. Don't worry, there's more of us who are SMacked but love Meyton, too. ;)

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

No no no ... hope that they find a way to keep her in the show, busy with films as she may be...