"Double-Cross" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I didn't get a chance to give a good review of this one so.. here.

It was alright. Being the Greg/Eric freak that I am, loved his scenes. Yes, he is definitely still suffering inside (totally expected) and the fact that he is hiding it is cute, but as with the ER/Carter thing (I brought it up :D) I could see them going somewhere like that. Maybe not drugs though. I don't think that would be in character. And drinking is Sara's thing and gambling is Warricks thing.. so there is still technically suicide attempts.. but.. haha that would be REALLY out of character. I hope it would never come to that, but honestly, it could. I doubt it, but I still think it would be possible. Not plausible, but possible. Only because they writers can get crazy, but I don't think Greg would do that. But, if he really got caught up in killing the kid.. who knows. I never expected Carter to go to drugs but.. haha yeah.

Oh, but you know what would be cool? If they (the team) thought he was doing drugs and confronted him about it and did the test and he wasn't doing drugs. That would be cool (to me and my wierd self.)

Now, to the actual episode. Like I said, it was alright. Well, maybe a little better. Yeah, it was pretty good. It definitely had me a little freaked, which is impressive. I think it was a creative idea, and although I wasn't on the edge of my seat for the case (but I was on the edge of my seat for more Greg scenes :D) I still found it nice and yeah, it wasn't like deep charactter stuff, but it would be bad for TPTB to have deep character epis one after the other. So, I wasn't suprised we got a "science/case" episode following Fannysmackin'.

So, all-in-all, I liked it. I would have liked more Greg stuff, but thats because I'm obsessed. Loved the contuity.

Can't wait for the next ones. Later friends :)

I posted some shots of Greg from the episode on the Greg/Eric pic thread. If anyone is intrested.

Yeah I thought this episode was pretty good. I wasn't sure how it was gonna be with the subject on religion, but I thought they did it very well. I'm a Christian so our church is a little less formal, but I actually remember singing "In Paradisum" (the song heard in the background sung by the choir throughout the ep) in church choir last year, so I sort of connected to that cause we studied the Latin words and I remember having to memorize it.

I liked the scene with Catherine lighting the candle for Sam, and I thought it was interesting learning about Grissom and Sara's religious views (which match their personalities). I think the whole story with the priest shows how no one's pefect, and it affects the team differently because they're so used to using science to explain everything.

I also noticed Greg seemed to have a bit of an attitude... I agree it was refreshing, I just hope he'll be back to his old laid back self after a couple eps! (I'm still hoping to see his parents! :D)

NikkiJamez said:
I'm looking foward to this episode, I'd really like to see how much Greg's changed since Fannysmackin.
me 2!! I just want to see his change. However, I am still waiting for this episode in HK!! I can't wait for that!!!!!

The following is a query from SamIam:

Just curious does anyone know what the necklace is that Sara is wearing in the newest episode "Double Cross"? Is it new or have I just not noticed it before?

heyloo, i liked the episode. it wasn't, like, amazing, but basically a generic csi episode. lied the stuff about all grissoms and saras faiths, funny and cute.did anyone notice how greg like when he was talking to someone, about something, he kind of looked, sad, or like regretful, and i thought...lab tech return wishes? very sad... i love him as a csi. sad theres no episode next week.....what is the episode name for nov.2? the cath candle thing was sad and touching. i heartily disagree that the small tidbits of gsr are pushing on soap opera-y. that is really crazy(no offense whatsoever, just a opinion) i may be biased, cause i love gsr, but still, its not that bad. GA is a soap opera! anyway, kind of an insane stupid thought but like, during a commercial break, after they found out that the vic was pregnant, i thought sara would like walk into grissoms office, w/ her hand on her stomach, and like a worried look.....sorry crazyi know but i had to get it out.....anyone else notice any coool stuff?

See eszmanda_lover, that's exactly what i was talking about, something later on in the season that we just don't see right now, with what happened, with the failure to sleep, with the pain he went through, yes it may be out of character but I wouldn't be surprised if drugs became an issue, and other than him hardening (and while I like a bit of a 'tude, from Greg though, I just don't really, I mean, it's Greg, but honestly, if anyone is entitled to have one right now, it's him), is that he could possibly get into drugs to help him forget what happened, and that would be a total and complete shame. But stranger things have happened on TV and like you pointed out, Warrick had gambling, Sara had alcohol, why not drugs with Greg..remember Carter, he was the last person anyone would have thought that about.

This was a sad episode.

And it looks like Nick and Warrick are on hiatus for the rest of the series.

It's kind of unfair that Greg is getting the 'are you okay' bit when Nick was buried alive for an entire day and no one said diddly squat to him all season.

pabzi said:
why would nick and warrick be on hiatus??

Sorry I mean character-wise, there will be no storyline geared to them at all this season. They will be there for purposes of eye candy and the guys that do the hard core work of collecting evidence and such. No personal storylines about Warrick's marriage, or Nick's ordeals at all. Nyat!!!

No this is season is about Greg, Sara and Grissom and Catherine, so might as well put these two guys on a shelf somewhere and let the dust bunnies collect all over them.

oh...earlier spoilers said that the aftermaths of GD will be dealt with, as well as warricks marriage

I kind of liked it. If there wasn't a reference to Greg's beating or no Greg at all, I would not have liked it. I loved Greg's scenes and comments. I wonder if he still will have bruises in the next episode. I don't like it that there's a repeat next week :mad:
The scene where Sofia tells Cody that he killed his own baby was sad :(
I don't get why some of you are so hyped up about the "No dear" comment. He's called her "Honey" in Play with fire. And where I work, everyone calls each other dear, darling, sweetie, etc...

Back