Don't Cry For Me - A GSR/CSI fic

Chapter Eleven
------------------

The air was warm, and mild. Sara sat on her living room couch, as Grissom came around the side, with two glasses of water in hand. Grissom calmly sat down beside her, with his hand on her shoulder, he proceeded to say, "Are you ready to talk to me yet?"

The tears from Sara's eyes continued to drop. Sara has always had a nack for being emotional, at the end of the day to going home, and just think. With Grissom by her side, it's been a lot easier lately. Someone else there to vent at, someone to wake up next too. But no secret is a good enough secret to keep secret from the man you love.

"Grissom.. I... Uh.. You know, you're one of the best things that have come along.. When you came up to me that night after work, and asked me out for dinner, my soul began to lighten up, you made things brighter. I said I love you, and I do. But, I've been keeping something from you for a while."

Sara stood up, and walked towards her condo window. She sat in the chair that looked out at the busy street in front of her. Near the window sat a picture of her mother, Laura, in a picture frame. She had been looking at it a lot more than usual, she missed her mother, and that was no lie.

"My mother.. She called me a few weeks ago. She wants me to go to San Francisco." Sara finally blurted.

"Sa.."

"Grissom, I don't know what to do."

You can see the look in Grissom's eyes as he sat on the couch. He put the glass of water that he was holding onto the table. Lost for words, all he could do was stare at the lady who had made something of his life at last.

"She needs me. She asked me to move back, she's sick."

"Forever, Sara?"

"I don't know. Maybe." Sara cried.

Grissom was lost in thought. How could his world come crumbling down like this? All that could through his head was that he was right.. One day, he'd lose everything, for the one girl he couldn't live with out.

"I talked to Catherine today. She told me everyone knows about us. They could tell, "We're CSIs" was what she told me. What am I supposed to do!"

"You never told me what really went on when you were younger.. Why not tell me now? We can figure this out together. I can't let you drift away from me" Grissom told Sara.

Grissom got up, and walked to Sara. He lightly grabbed her arm, as she stepped up. Lost in a hug, both with tears falling from their eyes.

"It's going to be okay." Grissom pleaded.

----------------------

Short, I know. Hope this holds you guys' all together! :D

it makes you wanna go hug your cat.

or dog.

or your fish, depending on what you have.

or your boyfriend, which i am lacking right now...

that was soo off-topic.

Anyways, I want to go hug something.

Translated, that means that I LOVE YOU.

:)

I'm sane. Don't worry.

I was going to wait a few more days to do the next chapter.. But your guys' comments made me smile so much that I just had to continue. *Big hugs to everyone*
------------

Chapter Twelve
--------------

"Brass" was on Grissom's cell phone display. Reluctant to answer, he picked up and said "Grissom".

"Hey, Gil. Brian admitted to the murder of his ex-wife, and daughter." Brass explained.

"Thanks.." Grissom quietly spoke, closing his cell phone.

"Sara, Brian admitted to the murders"

Violence against women - when will people come to the realization that women and men are not target practise? They are human beings.

-----------------

Sara sat there, taking a quick drink from her glass of water before she began to speak to Grissom again.

His tears were real, the pain he was feeling inside - was real.

"When I was younger, when my dad used to beat my mom.. I'd hide under my bed. I'd hear her howling screams.. She would keep telling him she was sorry for whatever it was she did, that she wouldn't do it again. One day, when I my brother picked me up from school, and brought me home - my mom was pinned against the fridge. He had his hand over her throat, all because her friend from years ago called her up. I remember his name as if it was being yelled yesterday. "David".." Sara began crying.

Grissom put his hand over hers, listening. All he could do was listen, how can he comfort her - when he needed to be comforted himself?

"I saw her tears. She looked into my eyes and yelled for me to go to my room. I ran into my closet, and closed the door. After what seemed to be a life-time of yelling, crying, and screaming.. Everything went silent."

Grissom's eyes widened, a tear fell from his face.

"I walked out of the closet, and peeked through the crack of open door. I could see my mother standing there.. Just standing there. She told me to stay put, that it'd all be okay."

"Next thing I know, the police are knocking on our door. A man, and a woman came into my room. They told me they'd need to take me for a little while. I held onto the woman's hand as she walked me out of the house. I turned and looked back at my mother, she was sitting on the couch giving her statement. I can't remember the social worker's name, but, I didn't want her to leave me. After a few days, I realized - it would be a while before I saw my mother again. I figured that she had killed my father - I didn't need to be told.. And when I went to school again, I got named as the "Daughter of the mother who killed her father." I turned to science, and now my mom needs my help."

"We've all got problems, Sara. You don't need to run the aid - why not tell her to come here?" Grissom advised. His opinion was biased - how could he possibly let Sara drift away?

CH. 13
-----

Sara swiftly walked in to the crimelab, where she met up with Catherine, "You guys finished your case huh?" Catherine smiled. "Yeah. Some people." Sara rolled her eyes. Catherine smirked, and walked away.

Sara went into Brass's office. She saw Grissom walk by, and turned her head to begin talking to Brass.

"I need to take a leave of absence." Sara lowered her head.

"For what?" Brass asked.

"Family problems. I am only asking for four, maybe five weeks." Sara replied.

"Okay. Now get out of my office." Brass replied, rudely.

Sara got up, looked at Brass. His attitude was nothing she's never heard before, but struck her in shock. She walked into Grissom's office, who's face was buried in a new case.

"I'm leaving." Sara quickly said.

"You are?" Grissom sighed.

"Yeah. I'll be back, in a few weeks. I am going home to pack up my stuff, and I will be gone by the time you get off your shift. I'll call you when I get there, okay?" Sara smiled.

"Okay." Grissom got up, walked over to Sara without caring who saw. "I'll miss you. Don't forget about me." Grissom smiled, as he gave Sara a comforting hug, with a tender kiss on the lips, brushing her hair behind her ears. "I'll be here when you get back."

Sara walked out of the office, tears beginning to fall from her eyes. Greg noticed, and began walking towards her. Sara opened the lab door to walk outside, Greg was too late, as he stood there watching the door close.

Greg entered Grissom's office, "Where's Sara going?" he asked.

"She's taking some time off work.. Don't you have a case to be working on?" Grissom pointed to the door.

"Yes, sir." Greg murmered and walked out of his office.

Grissom just looked up, and sighed.

-----------

Back at Sara and Grissom's condo, she had her bags on the bed, slowly packing her clothes. She looked over at a picture that had recently been taken of them sitting beside the bed. Staring, with tears falling from her eyes, she walked into the kitchen, grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and began writing.

"Grissom,

I know my absence is taken by surprise. I will be back, if only in a few weeks. I will miss you, and I love you. There won't be a minute that goes by where I won't think of you. Whenever I see a bug, I will smile - knowing you would probably pick it up and call it your "precious"
(Sara smiled) I said I'll call you, and I will. When you look out the window, if you're lost, just look, and you will find me."

Sara finished, and put the note on the recently made bed. Grabbing her keys, and bags, she locked the front door behind her. Smiling, she got into her car and began driving. Stopping at a red light, she began drifting into thought...

Back