Dislike An LV Character?

Re: Dislike A Character

*raises hand, stands up, clears throat*

Hi, my name is Georgia.

(Hi Georgia)

And I have Sofia issues. Sorry to her fans, but something about her makes me want to rip my face off.

Don't get me wrong, Louise Lombard is an actress I really like, she rocks my socks, but I harbour an intense loathing for this character. Louise honey, please, practice your American accent for a while more before filming, because you consistently lose it for a line or two per episdoe.

The way she behaves around the lab is odd, and she seems really into bringing up how she was demoted, which, yes I agree, sucks. But she needs to realise that it's over, passed tense, and she can't go back in time and fix it.

She seems really full of herself and from a lot of the scenes I've seen with her, she thinks that no one else in the lab is as good as she is. That bugs me.

Honestly, Sofia seems like the kind of person I would probably be at horrible odds with. I would rather be eaten alive with spoons then spend one minute with her.

SHE'S JUST SO ANNOYING!

*wipes brow, sits back down*

eaten alive with spoons? that's pretty intense. but i totally agree. the American accent, not so good. i'm Canadian anyway, so i find it extra annoying.

the American accent, not so good. i'm Canadian anyway, so i find it extra annoying.

I'm completely Australian, and i reckon even i could maintain a better U.S. accent. I just don't understand...

Yeah, I mean, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Louise Lombard, she is one of the best actresses out there, but she needs to work on the accent. I used to have an Afrikaans accent, and I know it's hard to speak in a way that isn't natural for you. But she just needs a bit of work on it. Whenever I hear her mess it up, I flip out.

And yeah, eaten alive with spoons, it's my expression of the week, :)

I don't really like Nick..Dunno really why though haha

Re: Dislike A Character?

Ecklie couldn't find the hole in the doughnut he's eating-Warrick, Cold Burn, p.59.

I can't say if I neccessarily dislike a character or just certain aspects of them. One thing I really hate is this whole Sara/Grissom will they won't they thing! I mean the actors are great, but the writers are trying to pull off a complexity between them and I just don't think they're getting the point across. Aside from that, I really hate the fact that Sara is all...like how she is when she's around him.

I can't stand Catherine sometimes. I wonder if it's an inconsistancy on the writer's part or are they meaning to actually write her completely out of character that evolves with certain cases she works on. Another thing I hate is the fact that her and Sara have such problems with each other. I understand that both are strong willed women, but I think it would be great if they could get along better.

Hodges...I know he's written for people not to like, but I do. The character is such a butthead, but I just find him so funny.

Of course like most people, I dislike Ecklie...but then what kind of show would it be without the antagonizer right? I do have my moments when I feel something other then strong dislike for him...and then he opens his mouth and my feelings are quite refreshed.

And I think the other thing I have a problem with is Sophia...kind of. I'm still up in the air about whether I like her or not. I know that she is supposed to be a strong willed woman, and she was a good CSI (apparently she thinks to too), but I thought her actions in this past episode were really unprofessional. She, having been a CSI knew protocal and she completely disreguarded it (enough about that), but on the other hand, there are times when I find her completely likable.

ecklie ..if anyone

warrick is just COOL!
nick...was ok, til the story guys just ALWAYS seems to put him as a victim
likre the stalk, etc
Grissom.....hahah your kidding :D
the girl..nahh :D

I think all the actors are doing bang-up jobs of portraying their characters, warts & all, but realistically I can find things that I alternately love and hate about many of them, given their situations and reactions.

Most of the time I adore Cath, but during season 5 she literally made me squirming with her power trip. Glad that seems to be over. Sometimes I think Grissom is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and other times I want to b!tch-slap him into next week and yell "Wake Up, you freakin' zombie!" LOL. The writers haven't really given me much opportunity to dislike Nick, Warrick or Doc, they all seem to be on a pretty even keel through the years. Same with Sofia, she hasn't been on very long, but so far I haven't found a single reason to do anything but love what I see. Brass has gotten sassy or judgemental a few times, and it's momentarily irked me, but that's just...well, it's Brass. He can be curmudgeonly, but lovably so. Sara, well she's by far my least favorite of the bunch, but Jorja does such a damn amazing job of portraying her, and yes, I do find many instances where I actually like Sara alot. Usually when she's not anywhere near Grissom, he seems to bring out the basest of her emotions and behavior, and it's not always pretty or easy to watch.

Hodges and Ecklie... well, Ecklie was purposely brought on as the bad guy we love to hate in the earlier seasons, and I'm happy to see they have made him more human, less one-dimensional of late. He couldn't have gotten where he is by being a totally worthless twerp, smart politics aside, and I'm glad they're bringing out a more diverse side of him. Hodges, he can be annoying as hell, and makes me cringe sometimes, but he still manages to make me laugh every time. He can be mean-spirited, which I normally hate in a person or character, but he's also so blatant in his attempts at ingratiating himself into what he obviously views as "the cool crowd", which makes me think he doesn't view himself deep down as "cool" at all, so I forgive him.

Almost forgot about Greg! I've loved watching him grow through the years. Eric has done a superb job with his role.

I don't like Ecklie, I think the show could do fine without him. Sorry to those who actually like Ecklie. But I can't stand the man.

CSIFAN1985

Yeah, I mean, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Louise Lombard, she is one of the best actresses out there, but she needs to work on the accent. I used to have an Afrikaans accent, and I know it's hard to speak in a way that isn't natural for you. But she just needs a bit of work on it. Whenever I hear her mess it up, I flip out.

And yeah, eaten alive with spoons, it's my expression of the week, :)

Just a question...does Louise Lombard actually have the accent or is she just doing it for the role of Sofiaa??

Louise Lombard was born in Redbridge, Essex, England where she grew up and also attended Cambridge University to study English Literature.

From what i understand she lives both here and in England as well. So her english accent is real.

Back