Dislike a Ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: worst couples !!!!

Vegas: Sara with anyone and not because I hate Sara but more because I think Sara needs to work on her problems before she gets into a relationship with anyone.

Miami:Horatio/Calleigh
I think they work well together but as a couple they wouldn`t work( and i`m not gonna make a joke about his sunglasses,lol)

NY; Danny/Aiden
I`ve never seen them as a couple but more as good friends who can have a good laugh.

I think it was a bit hard. But it's just my opinion.

As that opinion was and is still mine, I didn't think I was being particularly harsh, in fact that was down right nice for me. Besides, I'm guessing by your name criticisms of a Catherine/Warrick coupling would irk you just a smidge in general, but to each his own, happy shipping. :)

Ali

I thought Warrick and Cath were a hott couple but were kind of boring. You know, nothing special but still interesting. As far as other ships (Besides GSR) me and my friends never even knew they existed.. so I wouldnt hate something I dont know about.. :confused:

*I* think the rest are all just good friendships. (Besides Sandle, and Lady H and a couple others..lol :p)

Vegas - Warrick and Catherine. I admit most of this is my revulsion at all things Catherine. I usually wear sunglasses while watching the show to divert the bright glare off her overly glossed lips. The flirting in the last episode seemed forced, however, before that moment I saw and understood Catherine's attraction to Warrick many times in many episodes. This relationship just seems better in theory than it ever could in actuality, Warrick can't fix what's wrong with Catherine and vice versa. They are two people haunted by their pasts and would inevitably destroy one another with their respective damage.

ITA with everything you wrote, and i have to add that a Cath/Warrick relationship would completely assasinate Warrick's character, in my eyes. I really don't want Warrick to screw up his marraige with Tina so he can have this big, forced thing with Catherine. For one, it'l make him look like a complete bastard to his Wife, and a cheater, of which those people i hate, as does the general audience of TV. Remember how popular Hank was? And two, i don't think Warrick's character has been written that way, that he could just shelve a marraige (albeit a hasty one) for having a 'thing' with Catherine, which, if he really had wanted to, he would have done by now. That's why i dislike the whole Cath/Warrick thing, because of what it's gonna do to my, and the audience's view of Warrick. Now Catherine, i se screwing up someone else's marraige to get the guy being completely in character for her :rolleyes:. Warrick, he has morals.

I have mixed feelings about the Catherine/Warrick ship. Although I wouldn't really mind it happening, I never got the feeling that it organically developed. The "moments" they have look sort of contrived to me, almost coming out of nowhere, and the whole marriage thing is obviously a plot device. I wish they took a less soapy route if they want to bring Cath and Warrick together. In the end, I don't have any problem with the ship itself at all, it's just the process that seems artificial and somewhat fake to me.

My vote for worst ship is anything involving Lindsay....

*sighs in annoyance*

Yeah, alright, so people tend to hate ships because of hating characters. I guess that can be a semi-good reason. If you believe so then tell us why. Instead of just saying that because I'd seriously like to know.

I mean, it's only been a couple of episodes. ;)

I was indeed talking about Catherine's pre-teen daughter, not the newest Lady of the Big Apple. Sincerest apologies to all!

On an unrelated note, who are those on your banner, grisslybear? Looks like Grissom and Yelina, which is just like :eek:!

On Cath/Warrick. Yeah, I never really saw it before Warrick got married. The bit of flirting between them in last episode was weird for me. Hodges was right, "Warrick, dude, you're married now." *sigh* I wanna see at least one CSI happily-married.

Nope its not Grissom and Yelina on her siggy. Thats Billy Petersen and an actress named Diana its from a movie. :)

Vegas - Warrick and Catherine. I usually wear sunglasses while watching the show to divert the bright glare off her overly glossed lips.

I don't see the relation of lip gloss on being the worst ship :rolleyes: But you're right, that's your opinion and happy shipping to you too. Oh well then, if that's the case, the worst ships are Hodges and his microscope and Horatio and his shades.

I don't think the only Warrick/Cath interaction was in Down the Drain. Us shippers saw the Warrick/Cath interaction since Crate and Burial, and some even saw the possibility of the ship since the pilot episode was aired.

No of course we don't want Warrick to go cheating on Tina because that will be totally out of character for him. Yeah he's a flirt and there's no harm in flirting, but I/we don't ever see him cheating on Tina.

And as for Catherine, I did't see any sign of Catherine wanting to screw his marriage either. It would be totally out of character for her if tptb decides to do that, cuz she would never tolerate cheating too. Eddie and Chris cheated on her and she knows what it feels like to be deceived. In fact, she maintained a safe distance from Warrick in SAF and never initiated a conversation with him. oh btw, even in BiM she kept her silence until Warrick persuaded her to talk. If she's a girl with no morals, she should've been all over him since BiM.

As for the worst ship- Miami - I think that will be Horatio-Calleigh, because I don't see any sparks between the two when they interact.

On an unrelated note, who are those on your banner, grisslybear? Looks like Grissom and Yelina, which is just like :eek:!

As Hottie_Cath pointed out, it's from one of Billy Petersen's movies. Someone (I can't remember now) posted the original picture in the GSR thread, and we all thought she looked like Sara and there came the banner (courtesy of Reeble) :D

As for the worst ship- Miami - I think that will be Horatio-Calleigh, because I don't see any sparks between the two when they interact.

I totally agree with you on this. I just don't see anything between them. Any other ship, even if I'm not a fan of it, I can see why others do see something. But I haven't quite figure out Calleigh and Horatio yet.

I was indeed talking about Catherine's pre-teen daughter, not the newest Lady of the Big Apple. Sincerest apologies to all!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I have to agree (unless they show a cute little boy to her) How old is that kid anyway? She looks 8.

I can see why others do see something. But I haven't quite figure out Calleigh and Horatio yet.

Haha that's so funny. I did start as a Calleigh/Eric fan, but after a few episodes of the first season I was like "Whaaaaaaaa! *loves*" Some stuff I saw, haha, so obvious. Well, to us shippers, obviously *ducks*

Vegas - Warrick and Catherine. I admit most of this is my revulsion at all things Catherine. I usually wear sunglasses while watching the show to divert the bright glare off her overly glossed lips. The flirting in the last episode seemed forced, however, before that moment I saw and understood Catherine's attraction to Warrick many times in many episodes. This relationship just seems better in theory than it ever could in actuality, Warrick can't fix what's wrong with Catherine and vice versa. They are two people haunted by their pasts and would inevitably destroy one another with their respective damage.

MIAMI - Truthfully, I don't watch it enough to have an opinion.

NY - Danny/Lindsay - Again, a character I don't like (Lindsay) but with these two I just don't see it. Some people see the interaction Danny had with Aiden as a brother/sister thing, as an aside if either of my brothers had looked at me the way Danny looked at Aiden at the end of Crimes and Misdemeanor I would have run and told my dad and then made sure they had all the therapy they needed for thinking dirty sexual thoughts about their sister. I think Danny/Lindsay makes a better case for the brother and sister distinction, albeit a sister he hardly seems to notice, like the newness of her has worn off and now she's just stealing all the attention. Danny telling Lindsay to call Mac sir, was stupid teasing of the newbie and something my brothers would do. As far as Danny looking at her, well she is the new girl and he looked but by the lastest episode he seemed over any need to even acknowledge her at all. I think they have had two moments of significant interaction, and neither demonstarted love everlasting or love just for the moment to me.

Ali

ITA on CatWar and Danny/Lindsay.

W/the whole YoBling thing... I agree w/what grisslybear said about his marriage being contrived to push the 2 together... In theory it would work (esp w/the foreshadowing of the wifey working w/the ex) but then that's just cruel to do that, it would serve as a bonding point, but it wouldn't give reason to make it work in the long term, YoBling is like that flash in the pan... immediate, hot & then it fizzles... it would be a great one-shot kinda thing :devil:...

that's how I see it in reality anyway... but the shippy in me is all like GO FOR IT! my gawd have you seen the man? who wouldn't want to do him?... it's hard being a multie :( cos I don't know if that made any sense :confused:

i think the marrige is to push rick n cath together, lol.

and about grissy's banner, i freaked first time i saw it i thought i was sara :lol: then realised it wasnt... thank god, but i knew it couldnt be coz its never gonna happen!!!

gsr is still my worst ship lol.

I totally agree with you on this. I just don't see anything between them. Any other ship, even if I'm not a fan of it, I can see why others do see something. But I haven't quite figure out Calleigh and Horatio yet.
I agree with that too. I mean no disrespect to H/C fans, but in my opinion, I have thus far found it impossible to establish the grounds on which this ship is based. I absolutely can't see it at all. Even the 'processing hands' scene in 'Under Suspicion'. Nope, no vibes, nothing. H was very vulnerable, he trusts her 110%. I can't imagine any of the other CSIs processing his hands. She was the obvious choice. They have a great working relationship and would back each other to the hilt. It was clearly obvious from that scene that TPTB weren't trying to imply anything as all references to 'love' were removed from the very nice song that was played at the time. I feel that was quite deliberate on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back