"Deep Fried and Minty Fresh" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#913) "Deep Fried and Minty Fresh"

THE CSI TEAM FACES A FORENSICS NIGHTMARE WHEN A DEATH AT A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT LEAVES THE EVIDENCE COVERED IN COOKING OIL. - Langston and Nick are called to investigate a murder at a fast food restaurant and have quite a task ahead of them when they discover that much of the evidence is coated in cooking oil.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
Det. Vartann: Alex Carter
Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
Liz Martin/Rosa Gonzles: Danielle Alonso
Max Stanton: Drew Tyler Bell
Robert "Bob" Graham: Pat Asanti
Kiwi Long: Megan Hilty
Scott Tucker: Dameon Clarke
Paramedic: Jeffrey D. Stevens
Melinda Tucker: Hollie Stenson
Marge: Patricia Forte
Jackson: Nik Tyler
Jemma Allison: Scagliotti
Gary Comstock: Marc Joseph
Silver: Alexandra Krosney
Timothy Rand: John Ales

WRITTEN BY: Corinne Marrinan and Sarah Goldfinger
DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

THANKS TO:
The Futon Critic

I find the title funny.:guffaw:

I'll probably be steering clear of deep fried and minty food for a while after this one.

From what I've seen of the teasers, this eppy has the potential to be quirky, fun and loaded with black humor the way Ending Happy, Rashomama and Fur And Loathing were. I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Looks like it will be a funny episode, or have its funny/quirky moments (like someone mentioned earlier) and I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the link blackflag.

Okay, just watching that reminded me again of how much I loved Brass. ROFLMAO. "Personal hygiene in the dishwashing sink. Yum."

It looks really funny!

Yeah, this looks really funny and quirky. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But, this one looks just odd enough to work.

And my favorite detective is back for this episode as well. Can't wait to hear some good Vartann lines about the fast food place.

I love the crude humor of CSI. I also love the cool blue color schemes and the whole atmosphere. It makes the comedy all the more appealing! ;)

except from Brass' genius lines, i'm falling asleep. this is the first time ever when i want the episode to be finally over.

Brass was definately funny tonight.

Not a standout ep but not a terrible one either. Just kind of average for me.

Greg and Cathrine, cutest partners ever. Too bad their case was like ten minutes long.

Nicky in charge:beer: yay
Riely was tolerable this week. Is it me or is ray in like every scene? I''m close to being sick of him.

Really though I thought it would be funnier:(

I think that this episode was pretty good. It would have been better with Grissom in it, of course, but I think they did fine without him. I found myself giggling at the smallest things, like Nick and Riley eating fast food. I think Nick's starting to take on the Grissom role. He reminded me of Grissom a lot during the episode, especially when they recreated the crime scene. :lol:

I will admit the episode started slow, but then I think it picked up once the guy in the barrel was found. By the end of the episode I thought it was pretty good. The two outcomes of the cases I did not see coming.

It also had some nice, light humor in it. Nothing too heavy but enough to make me chuckle a little. Got to see a lot of our lab techs, which was nice too. This episode actually made good use of the whole cast, which is one thing I really enjoyed about it.

I love Catherine and Greg working a case together, something sort of rare.

Back