Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Didn't Danny and Lindsay have some kind of discussion about the movie "Jaws" before? It seems like I remember them doing that, but I'm not sure. It could have been something I heard on a different show altogether. :lol:

GNRF said: Didn't Danny and Lindsay have some kind of discussion about the movie "Jaws" before? It seems like I remember them doing that, but I'm not sure.

Yes, they did, however that didn't go so well.... Jaws Yeah, not so awesome. :(

So! Brina my love, I have to disagree, I want angst! :lol: Good angst though! Don't mistake me, I don't want heartache but my fluff allergy is rearing it's head. Not enough sugar today methinks. Although, I think it's the entire thread (goes way off topic for a moment) take the Flack/Angell thread for example, their tags are Flack, Angell, FA, F/A, Flack/Angell and other such like (ok, don't know exactly but there is lots of tags in that form) and for this thread the tags are.... d/l (fine) and gutter. That's it! d/l and gutter :guffaw: Is anyone suprised though?

Odepius Hex (that right?) was on tonight. That's the kind of angst that is acceptable. Look at SMM's concern - he cares! He does as she asks, doesn't press the issue then offers at the end to go speak with the mum so she doesn't have to. After he'd been 'left unattended' (stood up is too harsh for such a hot man) his first thought is for her well being. And he knocked back a Suicide Girl. What other guys (girls? ;) )would do the same?

I think Mach5/Batman is coming up and yes I know the name of the ep, but that phrase conjures happy memories! :D

LME Boo! was totally awesome - lots of screen time together, it worked well and of course the eternal debate of Honey (he totally says it! Meg you're just a bad shipper). Valid point with the DL sharing a wardrobe - I say get her in a Giants' jersey. Then giggle at Danny try to find her under it. Muwahahaha! :devil:

Last edited:

LME Boo! was totally awesome - lots of screen time together, it worked well and of course the eternal debate of Honey (he totally says it! Meg you're just a bad shipper). Valid point with the DL sharing a wardrobe - I say get her in a Giants' jersey. Then giggle at Danny try to find her under it. Muwahahaha! :devil:

Hey! I resent that Peaches! I spent a lot time rewinding it and going over it and I just can't hear it!

Nah, Lindsay is a Joe Montana fan through and through, all about the 49ers jersey! OK that wasn't the point you were trying to make but ya know. :lol:

I never can make up mind if I want fluff, angst, or just plain old gutter. But right now, I want angsty gutter because that is what they need! My good gutter friend, peaches, summed it up quite beautifully :devil:

Okay, so the Jaws thing was after the forgetting of the birthday thing? I thought it was pretty recent, but I didn't know if I was just remembering the Anya/Andrew talk in an ep of BTVS and thinking of that instead. :lol:

So! Brina my love, I have to disagree, I want angst! :lol: Good angst though! Don't mistake me, I don't want heartache but my fluff allergy is rearing it's head.

:lol: Okay, okay. Maybe I should read more fanfics to get my fluff. :D Good angst sounds good though.

Little_Peaches said:
Odepius Hex (that right?) was on tonight. That's the kind of angst that is acceptable. Look at SMM's concern - he cares! He does as she asks, doesn't press the issue then offers at the end to go speak with the mum so she doesn't have to. After he'd been 'left unattended' (stood up is too harsh for such a hot man) his first thought is for her well being. And he knocked back a Suicide Girl. What other guys (girls? ;) )would do the same?

This was good angst. I'd accept to see that again.

Little_Peaches said:

I heard the 'honey', too. Even the first time I watched the scene! :lol: Usually I quickly miss something in an epi, but the 'honey' I heard. Well, my TV was pretty loud though. :lol: But I think it was really there.

dutch_treat said:
Yeah, that was one of my favourite D/L moments from last season...and funny thing is that apparently there is a "Speed Racer" movie out, and soon the next Batman will be out too...so it's Batmobile versus Mach5 in all the toy stores here :lol: (without D/L unfortunately)

Aww, that's cute. And the discussion was as well. First the condom spray, then the discussion. I was so happy at the beginning. :lol:

Season 4 started with such promise :lol:. but the second half or maybe the last third I don't know - it was just wrong. Plus I don't think the finale quite lived up to season 2 or 3 finales but that could have more to do with the writers stike and time issues than anything else.

I thought I heard the "Honey" comment in Boo too.

I still have a feeling that they were not in a proper girlfriend/boyfriend relationship in season 4, maybe still just flurting or weren't sure of each other and hadn't had really talked about it (you know what these two are like). I say this because to me Danny is not the type character that would sleep around if he was in a proper relationship with a girl. Or maybe it is a bit of wishful thinking.

Waiting with fingers crossed for season 5.

Hey! I resent that Peaches! I spent a lot time rewinding it and going over it and I just can't hear it!

I'm with you there I couldn't hear it as much as i tried... it was a mumble.

I liked 'Boo' cos it was slightly different, it was wierd also because I kind of expected a moment or something because of everything and we just got them being professional and doing there jobs like you would. It was nice though.

I still have a feeling that they were not in a proper girlfriend/boyfriend relationship in season 4, maybe still just flurting or weren't sure of each other and hadn't had really talked about it (you know what these two are like). I say this because to me Danny is not the type character that would sleep around if he was in a proper relationship with a girl. Or maybe it is a bit of wishful thinking.

I agree that Danny isn't the type of character to sleep around if he was in a relationship. I get the sense he's had his fair share of action in his time but I like to believe he has a certain moral code whereby if he is in a relationship he won't cheat, that's not to say he hasn't had casual affairs with more than one woman at a time though.

However, I don't consider what he did with Rikki as him sleeping around. Yes, it could be that he and Lindsay didn't have clarity in their relationship and were on different pages or were still dancing around the issue. Or, it could be that they'd agreed to keep things casual because they worked together. I'm not sure I believe either of those scenarios though.

Honestly, for me it's far more likely that Danny and Lindsay were dating but that they were both still fairly cautious about it and I'm not sure it was something they would have talked about. I see them as having fallen into things, Lindsay driven by her relief that she had finally closed a chapter of her life that had been affecting her for years. Danny driven by I don't know what, but I do wonder if a part of him had begun to accept that they wouldn't get together and then was possibly thrown by her suddenly wanting him at the end of S3 and him not being sure about it. I'd love to know how her continued rejection of him in S3 has affected how he viewed their 'relationship' in S4.

But, aside from all of that I personally think that Danny was so caught up in his grief/guilt over Ruben and Rikki that he would have done anything to try and repair whatever damage he felt he caused. He felt responsible for Rikki after Ruben died, even more so when she took his gun and he realised that more people could be hurt by what he essentially saw as something that was his fault. I think for those weeks (or however long it was) from when Ruben died to RND his life consisted of work and Rikki and that took up all of his energy. He didn't want to be sidetracked from that because work was his normality and Rikki was the person he could try and absolve himself with. I honestly believe there were problems in the D/L relationship but more than that I think the only way he could deal with his grief was to shut Lindsay out because if he didn't then he couldn't be there for Rikki and therefore couldn't deal with his pain/guilt.

I suspect he detatched himself from anything or anyone who might interfere with his grieving process e.g. Lindsay and Flack. I don't think he's a 'cheater' but I do think on some level he betrayed Lindsay's trust, be it that he shut her out to allow himself to 'grieve' with Rikki because of his guilt, or that what he felt for Lindsay wasn't on the same level as the way she felt about him yet he wasnt clear with her - that fits particularly if you're of the view that Lindsay seemed more into him than he was into her during S4. If tptb were aiming for showing their relationship as being more one sided this season then it's not unreasonable to expect that Danny should have seen that and been more honest about it. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm probably not entirely but that's what I came up with when I joined up the dots. :)

I do think this is a case of crossed wires, crossed purposes or some sort of wonky communication where each of them has a part to play in what has happened for it to go so wrong.

As for the 'honey' thing in Boo, I've watched it a couple of times and sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. I wonder if the times when I do hear it, it's because I'm trying to hear it. He definitely seemed to mumble something but it could have just been a 'hey' or something.

As for the 'honey' thing in Boo, I've watched it a couple of times and sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. I wonder if the times when I do hear it, it's because I'm trying to hear it. He definitely seemed to mumble something but it could have just been a 'hey' or something.

Did you try watching that scene with the closed captioning on? That happened to me with another show... I thought the guy called the girl honey and I watched with the close captioning... not that that helped. :lol: But, I was certain that he said it. And I knew he was one to do some ad-libbing from time to time, so I figured he must have ad-libbed the "honey" line and it wasn't in the script originally which explained why it wasn't on the closed captioning. :lol:

BTW, does anyone have a screencap of the Danny/Lindsay kiss? Or know where I can find one?

Did you try watching that scene with the closed captioning on? That happened to me with another show... I thought the guy called the girl honey and I watched with the close captioning... not that that helped. :lol: But, I was certain that he said it. And I knew he was one to do some ad-libbing from time to time, so I figured he must have ad-libbed the "honey" line and it wasn't in the script originally which explained why it wasn't on the closed captioning. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did say 'honey', just because the impression I got from interviews with tptb pre-season 4, they implied they were aiming for some 'moments' between the two of them that would be subtle. Not that I thought they meant subtle to the point of totally open to interpretation that in canon terms we didn't even know whether they were together or not. Okay, tptb told us they were but implied it to be lighthearted, but lordy none of that really came across. Is it really any wonder that people have listened to that scene over and over in the hope of getting a clue. :rolleyes:

Okay, tptb told us they were but implied it to be lighthearted, but lordy none of that really came across. Is it really any wonder that people have listened to that scene over and over in the hope of getting a clue. :rolleyes:

I don't think that it came across that well either. I spent the entire season wondering if they were or not:wtf: One week I would think that they were and then the next week I would think maybe they aren't:confused::confused:.

They soooooooooooooo need to talk to either other !!!!!!! Roll on season 5

I agree that Danny isn't the type of character to sleep around if he was in a relationship. I get the sense he's had his fair share of action in his time but I like to believe he has a certain moral code whereby if he is in a relationship he won't cheat, that's not to say he hasn't had casual affairs with more than one woman at a time though.

However, I don't consider what he did with Rikki as him sleeping around. Yes, it could be that he and Lindsay didn't have clarity in their relationship and were on different pages or were still dancing around the issue. Or, it could be that they'd agreed to keep things casual because they worked together. I'm not sure I believe either of those scenarios though.
I have come to that conclusion too. As I have said over and over again there just wasn't enough communication on the parts of both Danny and Lindsay. As for Danny, he is unsure what to do and all of this grief that he has bottled up to the point of explosion. I believe that he turned to the wrong person for comfort but oh well...It happened and there is nothing more we can do about it.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I really do not see Danny as a cheater at all. It was an one time thing. I still found it OOC for him though and it still greatly upset me.

:lol: OK, I finally could hear, but Lindsay's scoff really made it difficult to hear it. I think I watched it so many times that my mind TOLD me to hear it. :p
BTW, does anyone have a screencap of the Danny/Lindsay kiss? Or know where I can find one?

Do you mean this?
vlcsnap-684157.jpg

or this?

vlcsnap-684172.jpg

Do you mean this?
vlcsnap-684157.jpg

or this?

vlcsnap-684172.jpg

Yay! Awesome caps eveninstarz! They're really cute!

Oh, and hello! Brinchen and eveninstarz wanted to see me here. And here I am;)

Unluckily I didn't see all NY seasons so I can't discuss often. But know that you have other fan of this nice couple;)

Awwwwwwwww! Thanks for the pics!!!!!! Yesterday I watched SD, and this scene, and I had to bite my lips to not squee like crazy! :lol: I'm still totally in love with this scene. ;)

Welcome, Deirdre! Great, we have a new DL shipper! :) Nice to have you here! You really have to watch the wonderful episodes from season 2 and 3. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back