Danny/Lindsay #10 ~ "Does IT Turn You On?"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Auda... That second pic you posted=love! so good.. def a keeper. I laughed for like 10 mins.. and still am!

and Vex I'm doing great! Hope you are too! * waves to both my Angsty!Twins*

and yea, Moriel I think Auda does have a D/L Body Language degree.. I wish I had one.. :p

2. LadeeBear

LadeeBear Witness

Thanks for the condolences Vexus. It sucks majorly to be in school already, when I should technically still be in summer mode. Nevertheless, next year at this time, I will still be in summer mode, and preparing to go to college. Woo. Yeah, my old school in Pennsylvania started around September and we got out in June. Down here, we start in August (except for this year. Grrr) and end in May. But next year they're changing it so we can't start before August 19th, and then we don't have a fall break and get out in June.

Auda, true. I can't choose because I like both of the options. (Hence why I made it! LOL). Moriel, I totally agree. It seems a little OOC for them to have a heartfelt talk, but you never know. I really think that they could have some nice serious moments together. Granted, most of those moments might have angst incorporated, but a little angst now and then never killed anyone. Although, like everyone said, the body language speaks volumes. And, maybe not so much the body language as just the general chemistry of the two - that connection that the actors themselves seem to have with one another really helps. Because, if you are an actor, the key thing is to have chemistry and to get along with whomever you are doing a scene with, even if you hate that person's guts. Now, you can tell that Carmine and Anna must actually be good aquaintances and friends for them to work well together. Some people bash her acting (though, I don't know why. I think she's quite good) I really think she is the epitome of her character - Lindsay is more relaxed, reserved, and non-confrontational, but as we learned in "All Access" she tends to run on her emotions most times and she lets it affect her. Danny is her counter-balance: he is more "tell it like it is" and straightforward, which serves as a good balance for the two of them together in scenes. If they were completely alike, there would be no visible chemistry and it would be bland and dull. Ever actor on this show plays off the strengths and weaknesses of every other actor, and in turn it produces a better character for us to watch every week.

I rambled a lot, but I think you get the point.
    I like analyzing the acting behind the characters, if you can tell. LOL. It's the Thespian in me. :D

Okay, so I should go do some stuff, but that is my dollar's worth of thoughts for tonight!

"To be or not to be? That is the question..." - Hamlet

(I feel like closing my posts with some random quote, so I think I will continue this trend, if you don't mind. Haha)

Jenn

3. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I'll go with A. I like some angst, and that's where it would probably go. Although I like the light hearted moments.

In regards to the butt staring cap- there are several where Danny is staring at Lindsay's butt (and some at her chest)! And of course, Lindsay wants him too...

Only 43 days to go!

4. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Me too Rad...that'd be a fun degree to have! :D I so would have majored in that, had it been possible! :lol:

Jenn wow hon...so many good things to reply to in your post I don't know where to start! :D Let's see...
    I agree, I adore the light-hearted moments, they are my fav! But I wouldn't mind a serious convo every now and then...which according to spoilers, it sounds like we may be getting. And as for the angst killing...um yeah babe, it kills me! :D (Just ask Lynn & Rad! :lol: )
    I totally agree! I mean it says something if you, as an actor, hate someone and can still act well with them, but when you're friends and get along well...that chemistry really comes across and makes for a great onscreen chemistry! And I totally think Carmine and Anna have that, and from what I've read, they get along well and like each other in the "real" world. :D
    As for Anna's acting...I love her! I think she is a fabulous actress and I think she plays Lindsay perfectly! She's FABULOUS! :D
    Yeah I think they provide a very nice balance for each other, he's strong when she needs him to be, and she's there for him when he needs her. He's calm when she's passionately upset about something, and she knows how to sooth him when his temper rises. They are the perfect blend! Perfect! :D
    I like the dollars worth of stuff Jenn! :lol: And for the record, the answer to Hamlet is "To Be!" Of course! :lol:

Pizza hey hon! :D Danny staring, I LOVE Danny staring! And yeah babe, of course Linds wants him to! :devil: :lol:
    And yay for 43 days...sweet deal! :D

**Moriel stares at the calendar...is it here yet? Is it here?**

P.s. New thread is almost here! Yay! :D

5. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

jeez, people. stop posting like crazy!

Auda, can your beta be bribed with chocolate? lots of chocolate? maybe a chocolate-covered carmine? :devil:

Moriel, happy belated birthday! :D

i pick B...that was the light flirty one...i think. i like light and flirty. light and flirty is fun.

i think i've covered everything...oh, wait.

*throws chocolate creme pie at Lynn* ok. now i'm done. :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

*rushes back in, needing some help* okay, so remember when I said I was watching a D/L moment/episode marathon while cleaning, albeit with more watching than cleaning going on :p...well we all remember the very cute scene in Super Men where D/L are looking into the newspaper articles, and he looks over at her, and then he puts his arm across the back of her chair, right? ;) okay...well at the end of that scene, I swear to all that's sweet coupley goodness that Lindsay pats Danny on the thigh...there's even this like thudding/slapping kinda noise. Some might say she hit the chair, but I swear it! that it's his thigh... :D *groans in confusion, hoping it was his thigh* :confused:

seriously, am I wrong? am I seeing what I want instead of what happened? :confused: *seriously doubts she's wrong, but happily chooses to believe it was Danny's thigh even if it wasn't*

okay, sorry, just had to ask...back to work...* sigh* i'm 22, do I still have to get yelled at to clean my room...ergh! :rolleyes: *calls for D/L to distract her* :D

P.S. - here's two pics to maybe help...

Ummm...that's his thigh
    I swear! Right....?

~*~ Mad

--------------------
    'Two foreign pubic hair samples - now that's a party.' Don Flack

7. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Em, I have it back already---making corrections. I do this over and over again---maybe that's why I never put my fics out. It's not overwhelmingly great---don't expect much. But it is different---if not slightly hard to follow. The reader needs a good eye! I'll probably post it on my underused livejournal at the end of this week. :D Em, I love your latest fic by the way! Great job! :)

Jenn, may I say that I agree with 100% about the chemistry issue---the comfortability issue, etc. Wonderful comments. :D

Hi Rad! The pics are great! ;)

I love the episode "Super Men." Wonderful! :)

So did we all decide on the 'country girl' thread title or did we end up picking something else?? Time is almost out for this thread. Jeez, this thread has gone by fast!! :p

8. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Lol, thanks Em! And we can't help it, we just loves posting! It's so fun! :lol: And yeah light and flirty is good I agree...except I still choose the serious convo, I just, I'd love to actually see that! Good relationship builder :D

Mad you're too cute! I love that your cleaning while watching D/L...sounds very productive to me! Or at least a very nice distraction! ;) As for her hand on his thigh, I swear we had a discussion about that very moment a couple threads back...except I can't remember what the outcome was. (Sad day!) I'm guessing you're probably right though! I was just gonna rewatch Super Men tonight actually...so I once I do, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for that and let ya know what I think! :D Good eye on that by the way, well done! :lol:
    (And for the record, I think you should have your room however you want it...in whatever state of disarray or cleanliness you so choose, after all you're the one who lives in it! :D )

Auda there you are! Hi Hon! :D So the thigh thing in Super Men...any idea on that for Mad? And now I'm curious too :lol: And I think we're pretty set on the "Don't Bet Against the Country Girl!" it's won every poll so far and I haven't heard any strenuous objections to it! :D

9. iluvroadrunner

Auda, i don't care. i'm probably going to love it anyway. :D i'm a fic whore. i read fic. that's what i do. and thanks for the feedback. i'm a feedback whore as well.

and i like that thread title. i normally would say that we still have 30 posts left, so we've still got a while, but i may wake up tomorrow and we'll be in the new thread already.

well, goodnight girls! see ya tomorrow.

10. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Lol, goodnight Em! And yes you may very well wake up in the morning to a new thread...or if not by then, then very shortly after! :D

And Auda honey...so are you gonna send us your ficcie...or a link or something? Cuz I really wanna read it! I just know I'll loves it! :lol: (Even if it is angsty! **Moriel mutters about that for a moment...mutter, mutter, mutter!** Even then though, I wanna read it....just for you Aud! :D )

Okey dokey...I just rewatched Super Men...and I have to say I forgot how much I really like this ep! It was a great ep overall, and a GREAT D/L ep! I love when Danny walks in and see the football dude, and then Linds says his stats and Danny looks at her...
    "Don't tell me you know a little something about football, please!"
    "Why, that so hard to believe?"
    "It's just dangerous....might ask you to marry me!"
    Heehee...I love that little exchange...it's so perfect! And with her looking up at him the whole time and then the little smile she gives him after he says that...fabulous! :D
    And he asked her to get food in this one again...which I'd forgotten! This was a great D/L ep...they work SO well together and they're SO cute! I LOVES it! :D
    Gahh....they HAVE to get together...they just have to! :lol:

**Moriel skips off to bed....singing "D/L's gotta be canon!" as she goes, plans to dream of Carmine already forming in her head!"

11. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Last week we just had "Live Or Let Die" and I loved the part when Lindsay asked if Danny had ever received an unknown call and she was like "Does it turn you on?" and Danny was like "Woah..". :lol: Lindsay was all innocent in that scene.

And when they started getting all worked up on Lindsay's rapist case I thought they were gonna just do each other right there on the table! :lol:

12. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Thanks.:D Although, with my future profession, I kind of have to be. :D

Mad , I re-watched the episode also. Although, that scene is great by itself, I think the sound was the chair. But, that still doesn't mean that her hand didn't brush against his leg. Smart move, Lindsay, very smart, my friend. :D

Moriel , I love that scene also! It was like Danny was saying: "Oh, come on! You can't be perfect! I already made up my mind on that whole "love" thing." (remember the conversation with Mac) Little did he know that Lindsay will walk into his life.

Of course, he had to disguise that line as a joke. Which brings me to that question from before. I think, that although the two of them communicate best through banter, it still doesn't mean that they don't get to the deeper issues. Sometimes, for people like Danny, that is the way to get your point across without risking to be too serious, or well, ashamed.

(Since I haven's slept all night pardon my grammar. I'm still in italian mode)

13. iluvroadrunner

well...i'm up. no new thread. *breathes sigh of relief*

and i agree with Misery. Danny and Lindsay's best conversations are through banter, and i think that's what works for them. it doesn't mean they can't get serious or anything like that, it's just that their relationship flows best with banter.

14. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

WHOA!!! Whoa stop right there..when the heck did that happen..sorry but ive only seen LOLD once..and i wasnt a d/l shipper so i didnt pay any attention..

Ok Allie has a question..i read somewhere someone said that Danny and Lindsay shared an office, they thought..i dont know what they said exactly..but i was rewatching Stealing home trying to find out if it was true, because of LOLD, they were in the same office, and i remember someone saying they shared an office...but i dont think they do. i watched the scene in SH where Mac talks to Lindsay, and i dont recall seeing another desk.
    what do you think?
    love
    allie

15. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

Well, while I was watching the "phone sex" conversation episode, their desks were facing each other, within the same room. I'm thinking that might have been their shared workstation, at least, if not an office like Mac's.

Not that I'm the most reliable of sources on that...was much too busy squeeing over Danny's face when Lindsay asked him about his sentiments on phone sex. :lol:

Just finished watching "Super Men" (aka the football player/superhero wannabe episode). I was like to have palpitations when Danny said he might have to marry Lindsay! Seems he's found a woman after his own heart at last, eh? Then during their search through the newspaper archives (does anyone remember when it was also referred to as a "morgue"?), the little double-take he does when he glances over at Lindsay's profile...! ;)

Definitely one to watch when the replays come out on Sunday. ::nods::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.