Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yes, he sure did! Hell, he even pushed a cop just for mouthing off to Danny. The message is clear: do not mess with that man's Kinkapoodle. In any way, shape or form. Ever.

Danny definitely has come to look at Flack as his protector. I think that's why Flack was a little nervous in the episode last week when he asked Danny if he minded if he kept his distance. Knowing Flack, he thought he might be failing Danny or letting him down in some way, even if it was a small way. Danny's casual answer showed Flack he understood and was okay with it. Even then, Flack watched Danny like a hawk.

There's definitely more than sex between them--a hell of a lot more--but I don't think you can take sex out of the equation. It's part of a healthy romantic relationship, period. But also, the way Flack looks at Danny suggests that attraction and sexual draw is a big part of it. I mean, Flack sure does chase Danny a lot. I'm convinced he has to be getting something out of it. :lol: But, I think their emotional bond is the strongest on the show, possibly in the whole franchise. There's love there--it's not just sexual lust by any means.

I think Danny's view of sex is just pretty messed up. :lol: Danny seems to use sex as a means to an end. Danny knows he's sexy and he seems very attuned to people's reactions to him. I still maintain his interest in Lindsay started after it was clear she was interested in him. With regards to Rikki, picking up on her attraction to him and going along with her advances was probably a big relief to him--something he could do to in some small way lessen the pain he felt responsible for.

I don't really think Flack was any different in the beginning. Danny probably picked up on Flack's desire and gave into it. But something obviously was different, because Danny trusts Flack in ways he doesn't anyone else: he trusts Flack to take care of him, to come to him when he's upset or in danger and save him. For Danny, that's a big thing, because I'm hazarding a guess that no one other than Flack has ever been there for Danny in that way.

How do you guys think Flack broke through that barrier and showed Danny that he's worthy of something Danny has never given anyone else before--his trust? For Danny, giving someone his body is easy, but his trust is something he's given to Flack and Flack alone.

Just a little detail that shows how much Flack loves and cares about Danny--he mentions an interest of Danny's. Hopefully Danny sits through hockey games with Flack.

Flack's so whipped. Seriously, Danny can be reciting the most boring science stuff, and Flack is listening like it's the most interesting thing he's ever heard. And from his interactions with the others, we know Flack's not that into science. :lol: Must be Danny he's into. ;) :devil:

Yeah, it's very cute! I love "small catamount" for Danny--it so fits him. :D

Oh, I can so see Flack chancing a squeeze of his Kinkapoodle's luscious round rump! :lol: That probably made Flack's afternoon, getting a squeeze in. :devil: ;)

LOL, I can see it! Flack would make sure his investigation was very thorough. :devil:

Yeah, I can see him digging both boys. It's kind of like high school--Flack is the cool jock and Danny...let's face it, Danny's the pretty cheerleader. :lol: And they're both hot as hell. Flack would probably laugh if he knew. Danny might let Adam cop a feel, though.

Where's Fay???? The four of them need to go on a double-date. :D

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, and that was all the way back in season one. Gotta love how established Danny/Flack has been on the show, straight from the pilot onwards! :D

It was really cute. Not just him specifically asking Danny whether it was okay of him to keep a distance, but his apparent reluctance to actually do what he mentioned. :lol: It was like, "I don't have protection like you guys so I'm thinkin' me stayin' away is a good idea, but I don't like being far from Danny and I don't want him to take this the wrong way." Aww, it's okay, Flack. Danny understood you, didn't he? :)

And yeah, Flack stared at Danny's every move so hard, if his gaze was tangible, Danny would be feeling hands all over him, all the time. :lol:

Oh yes, I definitely agree with that. :) What I meant was if it had to come to the point sex had to be taken out of the equation. Just saying even if sex couldn't be part of things, the relationship, romantic or not, between Danny and Flack is strong as ever.

If we're talking specifically about a romantic one, then yes, sex is certainly part of a healthy one. :devil: :D

Amen to that!

Great point there! Yes, for Danny, it appears love/marriage is hardly as big a deal as trust. Just from his statement to Mac in season one about love/marriage, I don't think he sees those things as anything precious or valuable. It's possible he even equates them with pain/suffering, hence his open aversion to them. He may even see them as traps of sorts, something that'll cage him in and change his life in a way he really doesn't want it to. Maybe it even has to do with his own parents, seen what love/marriage did to them and doesn't ever want that for himself.

Love can be unrequited. But trust? Ooh, that's a different story there. Trust can only work when it goes both ways. In a way, it's more significant than love, since real love requires trust to last at all.

How did Flack break through the barrier ... hmmm. I think it could be something as simple as Flack merely being patient with Danny and giving Danny the time and space to realize he has no ulterior motives in being Danny's friend/confidant/support. If Flack had ulterior motives that were selfish in nature, sooner or later, he would have given up on Danny and moved on. But no, years into their relationship and Flack's still there, as loyal and affectionate and devoted as ever, even after Danny snapped at him several times when he didn't deserve it at all. That's love, my friends.

I can see Flack just telling Danny like it is, being straight forward, making sure Danny knows he cares about him whenever Danny needs the reassurance, but never pushing the issue beyond that. Think of his words in episode 4x13, "You're my friend, makes it my business." Straight to the point, honest, unimposing, loving without expecting things from Danny. Flack in a nutshell where Danny's concerned.

:lol: I'm sure he does. Slightly OT, but I recall Carmine once mentioned giving ice hockey a shot and had lots of fun. I won't be surprised if he decided to play because Eddie loves ice hockey, just like Eddie plays baseball because Carmine loves that sport. ;) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, can't think of any other explanation why he'd make the effort to listen to Danny's every word. :devil:

:guffaw: Well, I did write a story where Flack dreamed Danny was in a cheerleader costume and danced around for him. :eek: :p

As for Danny letting Adam cop a feel, I bet you Danny will do it without even realizing he's doing it.

Danny: Adam, my hands are tied here with these test tubes. Can ya take out my cell phone from my jeans pocket? It's ringin'.
    Adam: Uhm, I - Sure! Which pocket?
    Danny: The one in the back.
    Adam: Uhm. Okay. [​IMG]
    Danny: C'mon, Adam, hurry up! It's vibratin' like crazy!
    Adam: ... your - your jeans are real tight.
    Danny: Just stick your hand in and pull it out!
    Adam: Do not think about innuendo, do not think about innuendo, do not think about innuendo, do not think about innuendo ...
    Flack: Hey, Ross, what are ya doin'?
    Adam: GRRAAAAAH!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: Poor Adam - Flack would give him the death glare.

I'm lurking, babes - always lurking. :p

I'm sure the good doctor wouldn't mind if Adam looked around - and really, there are so many pretty people in that lab to look at. Adam can scope things out, maybe flirt a bit - and then Sheldon will reap the rewards later. Win-win. :devil:

As for Danny and Flack -

I wonder if there might have been one pivotal moment in their history where Danny really started to trust Don, something specific that made him realize his friendship with Don was something special - back in the beginning, I mean. I wonder how long it took for Danny to realize just what he had? Because you know Danny was the last one to figure it out. I'd venture to guess a lot of other people realized how good of a friend Don was to Danny long before Danny himself figured it out.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

So, I thought Turbulence was OK, but I loved Danny and Flack! I do love any Danny/Flack scenes, as they play off each other so well, and weren't they lovely together in Turbulence? :adore: I loved Flack's comment about being allergic to half naked women, you know Danny was happy when he said that... And I'm sure Flack was happy that he got to go out not once but twice with his favourite CSI. Firstly, finding a body together and then going to a club. :D

A couple of screencaps for you all to enjoy...

[​IMG]
    Danny looks very pleased with himself

[​IMG]
    Look how happy they are, together

[​IMG]
    Look how their heads are angled in the same direction. Mirroring each other is surely a sign of love?

5. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I Loved the quote about being allergic to half naked women. Best moment of the episode:)

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Welcome to the thread, MyMutantRomance! That line of Flack's sure was a great one. :lol: But yes, please post three lines or more per post as per Shipper Central rules, it's to prevent spamming. Thanks!

Heheh, I bring more screencaps from episode 5x03:

[​IMG]

Danny: Happy birthday.

Gotta love how Danny was a total dork in front of Flack not once, but twice in the same scene. :D It was like he wanted to get a funny reaction out of Flack. And gosh, that panda bear really is cute. Guess we now know which particular kind of bear brings out the cute side of Danny, eh?

By the way, I'm talking about teddy bears, not those kinds of bears. :lol: :devil: Although, considering what a fuzzy chest Flack has ... :devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

[​IMG]

:guffaw: Okay, I so do not know why Flack looks so hilariously upset here. It's like someone just told him he has to go on a permanent diet and never, ever eat cakes and hotdogs again.

Flack: OMG, half-naked girl cooties!!!
    Danny: Chill, Don, I'm here to ward them off, okay?
    Flack: I'm scared, Dan, the half-naked girl cooties are out to get me! I can feel them!
    Danny: Now, don't worry, we won't take long, we'll just talk to the guy and then get outta here, a'right?
    Flack: *sniffle* Okay.

[​IMG]

My favorite screencap of Danny and Flack from the scene, hands down. :cool: It was such an adorable moment, I actually forgot about Flack's horrendous tie for a while.

7. Top41

No doubt, if Flack had his way, his hands would be all over Danny all the time. I have a feeling when they're alone, Flack's pretty grabby. :devil:

Oh definitely. :devil:

I just don't take Danny's comment seriously. I thought he was posturing in front of Mac, playing off of what he thought Mac expected him to say. I think if Flack got down on one knee, Danny would definitely say yes. :D

No kidding, huh? Flack has shown so many times that nothing will cause him to give up on Danny...even Danny himself. Do you think after 413, Danny finally realizes that?

I'd love to know what it was. I feel like by the time Danny called Flack in "On the Job," there was at least some pretty high level of trust there. Danny didn't call Stella or Aiden or Hawkes. He didn't go off on his own. He called Flack.

Practically a four star date for these two! :lol: They seriously are so cute together. :D

Such a cute cap! They're so obviously having fun together. :D

Welcome to the thread, MyMutantRomance! :D That really was the best moment of the episode, and so hilarious. Seriously, what does Flack have to do to show Danny he's smitten? He just told the guy he's allergic to women!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Flack, just bend Danny over the table and have your way with him. Maybe sometime between the grand entrance and the crescendo ;) , Danny will figure out, "Hey, I think Flack is into me!" :lol: ;) :devil:

Danny's smile is so innocent and sweet there. I bet it totally melts Flack's heart. You know after Danny held up that bear and said, "Happy birthday!", Flack totally went over and kissed him while they waited for back up to come. :D

It is an apt comparison. Because nothing but Danny turns the big gruff homicide detective into a teddy bear... :D

Flack, not even pretending to like the women-folk anymore. :lol:

OK, tell me this: how is it when these guys go out and pull their 'tough guy' routine on a suspect, they always end up gazing lovingly into each other's eyes like no one else is in the room?

Danny: So what do you think, Don?

Flack: I think I want to get you home so I can get you naked and ride until morning.

Danny: I think that can be arranged, but shouldn't we take care of this guy first?

:devil:

8. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

Yeah!Yeah!
    I agree, the Flack forever can't abandon his kitty. Because, that be that one is very nice pretence:
    Flack:uh.....Baby,maybe we should go walk,Look your abdomen.
    Danny:No I love mine sofa!
    Flack:OK,Good idea ,this is a nice place. :lol::devil:

Oh, perhaps this is to misapprehension,My wrong.
    Uh......That isn't the true blackmail, at China, if do so, mean, she will accept the own relative's lover. perhaps, this be the different cultural difference, but, at China, 'Danny' will consider this as a fine business. :)

Yes!in My Don's eye, just only have his kitty, so, interrogate Sam, Flack howbeit request his kitty.;)

9. Top41

:lol: Danny is a stubborn little minx. And hey, if Danny doesn't want to go for a walk, Flack can always find other ways to help Danny burn off some calories. :lol: :devil:

Oh, gotcha! Yeah, I bet Sam would totally be cool with Danny. I bet she'd think it was cute that Flack was in love with a guy, and she'd probably say something like, "You've got good taste, Don. He's pretty cute." And Flack would be like, "Don't even think about it, Sam. Hands off." :lol:

Yep, Danny's the only one for Flack. Just looking at those screencaps above--man, the way Flack looks at Danny is so intense! You can just see how smitten he is in his expression!

So how often do you think Flack tells Danny to "assume the position" in the bedroom??? :devil: :devil: :devil:

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Huh, that got me thinking again about Danny's line on love and marriage. It's the norm for the guy to propose to the woman, right? Maybe Danny can never see himself doing such a thing unless he feels forced into it due to extenuating circumstances, ya know? Or maybe he's just not interested in conforming to society's expectations of marriage and what a man's 'supposed' to do in one.

But what about someone else proposing to him ... such as another man? :lol: :cool: Betcha Danny never considered that! Like people expecting the man to propose to a woman, it's society's expectations that the man provides for the woman/family, yaddayaddayadda. But what happens when it's two men who get married? (And for now, it's legal in certain states in the US so it's absolutely possible! :D No to Prop 8!) Things are different. Danny and Flack are equals in the truest sense of the word, in all ways. No longer is Danny expected to conform to what society, his family, his friends, whoever believes he should be. With Flack, he can be who he is, just fine.

And hey, Flack as enamored as he is with Danny, Danny doesn't ever have to worry about being abandoned or suffer from any shortage of love from Flack. Flack loves him for who he is, for all he is, and that's freaking invaluable.

I think he does, I think it pleases him very much. It's no coincidence Danny's become more playful/dorky/smiling around Flack after episode 4x13. Hell, it's only whenever he's around Flack that he's his confident, sexy self, as if it's only with Flack that he feels secure enough to lower his guard/lose his paranoia and just be himself. For some like Danny, that takes an immense amount of trust.

I like to think of Danny trusting Flack so much because he caught on very early in their relationship that Flack cares deeply for him, and most likely due to Flack not bothering to hide his feelings from Danny. :lol: I mean, just look at the way Flack stares at him all the time! And Flack smiling at him no matter how snippy he gets! And the way Flack look out for him, all the time ... I see Flack as the sort of guy who isn't afraid to speak his mind too, so I wouldn't even be surprised if Flack's already told Danny at some point in the past that he cares about Danny. Danny just likes to be reminded about it, that's all. ;)

:lol: Dude, did you see Danny's face when he said it? It was like Danny was thinking, "Yeah, and since you never sneezed when we were in that fake ark and all those cats were there ..." :lol:

:lol: I know, right?! And that's not all they do; even when they don't look at each other, they somehow mirror each other's actions! Take a look at this:

[​IMG]

This is right after the screencap where they smile at each other. Notice Danny's tongue sticking out?

[​IMG]

Bahahaha! Flack does the same thing too!

:guffaw: Flack, commenting on Danny being fat?! I am amazed Flack didn't get his ass kicked for that. :lol: But I think it's so cute to think of Danny saying, "No! I love mine sofa!" I imagined him crawling onto his couch and clinging onto it like a squirrel while Flack uses the excuse of 'needing to use his full body strength to get Danny off'.

Read that how you like. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Ohohohohoh! :devil: :devil: :devil: Knowing Flack, most times he won't bother wasting energy to talk. :lol: But seriously, I can definitely see him saying it to Danny whenever they role-play and he's the 'bad cop' while Danny is a 'naughty, disobedient perp' who 'needs to be taught a good lesson'. :devil: :devil: :devil: Conversely, I can also see Danny saying that to Flack, ala pushing Flack face up onto the bed and saying, "Assume the position," and then *spppprooooooing!* Flack stands up to attention ... if you get what I mean. :devil:

11. ZhuShuaijie

OK, speech here, always, thus sweet and fine . But..... it lets me some dazed,:( Soooooo......

And love here all pictures, thanks Kim and Elsie. And, hope that you will not mind, I glue them to Flack#9.:confused:
    Uh..... Kim a very small gift;), hope that you will like it, two sweet mans, I always be bursting to PS them. But I have already had a better head like, so, send to you.
    [​IMG]

Moreover, today is my birthday, I am happy, and, although, I already have many kin bless me. But, I hope to come here more, let our cats dog accompany me the spend:rolleyes:. This is happy.;)

OK, hit-and-miss , I will it,as kitty gave my birthday gift.:lol:
    [​IMG]
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Uh......Return subject, concerning the CSI NY5-3, the my super love is here,
    [​IMG]
    Our lovers are discuss cat dog.....that is super lovely. Their smiling face, also same charming .:drool:
    And, the criminal ask:"You love Dog?"
    See their smiling faces, My Don's seem to is say:" No , I love kitty!"
    Danny:"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I Love Dog,handsome Dog"
    One to 'Cat' anaphylactic man:devil: .

12. Top41

Well, I do think it's interesting that with Danny and Flack, Danny is the one who is taken care of and protected. Flack's definitely the one who takes charge and takes the lead. Danny definitely is most at ease and comfortable when he's around Flack, someone he knows loves and will protect him. So I can see how Danny might not be comfortable with traditional societal roles, since that's not a typical role for men to be in.

I think that's something else Danny really needs to: to realize that the person he loves isn't going to turn away or dump him at the first sign of trouble (ie, Danny being difficult).

Flack has definitely earned that trust. 413 left no room for doubt: Flack loves Danny and would do anything for him. I never thought I'd see Flack--who arrested his own mentor--bend the rules the way he did for Danny in 413.

:lol: Gotta love it. Flack will use any chance to drop a not-so-subtle hint that he's only got eyes for his Danny.

Awwww! Flack sees Danny tongue, gets hungry for Kinkapoodle and licks his lips in anticipation. After all, nothing fires Danny up like a good interrogation. You know he's a feisty little thing in the bedroom after those interrogations, which is why Flack always looks so enthusiastic. :devil:

:lol: Awwww, Flack doesn't even need to extract Danny from the couch. He can as easily enjoy his Kinkapoodle on the couch as he can in the bedroom. :devil: ;)

Oh, you know they do that. I'm sure Danny's "very naughty" quite often. :devil:

And then Danny gets to sit down and have a ride. :devil: ;)

Awwww, that's so cute! These two, so in love!!! :D

Happy birthday, ZhuShuaijie! :D I hope you had a good one...and enjoyed the birthday gift from kitty. :D

Danny is the only kitty Flack is in no way allergic to. :devil: ;)

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Awwwwwwww. :D Thank you, ZhuShuaijie! That's very sweet of you. 'Ai, kou, mau'!

And I hope you had a lovely birthday! :) It's nice your relatives spent it with you. I'm sure Danny and Flack were there with you in spirit. ;)

And henceworth, I shall use the phrase 'my super love is here' every chance I get. :lol: But seriously, do you guys know what the above conversation reminded me of? That interview with Carmine, Eddie and AJ, and the interviewer asked the guys who they wanted to play on the show if they could choose their roles and Eddie and Carmine said they wanted to play each other's roles. Awwww. :D

Speaking of Eddie and Carmine ...

[​IMG]

How cute is that, eh? Eddie taking Carmine to meet the parents and have them join them on a mandate. :lol: ;) We start seeing pictures of Eddie with Carmine and his mom ... :lol: ;) :cool:

Seriously.

Hmmm, ya think maybe Danny's become so close to Flack because he knows he doesn't have to resort to using sex to maintain their current relationship? His track record with women shows he doesn't think twice about resorting to sex to stop people from abandoning him. But with a man, especially a close friend like Flack who's never abandoned him, no matter what ... I think it is finally getting through to his head that Flack is here to stay and watch his back and care about him regardless of what happens. :)

That is a very good point. Wow, it's true. Flack arrested his own mentor because he wouldn't bend the rules at all ... but he's willing to do that for Danny? Danny, please to be waking up and seeing how much this homicide detective loves you already!

How frustrating it must be for poor Flack that Danny still can't get the point with such direct hints, huh? :eek: :lol:

I must point out that Danny only seems so enthusiastic about a perp interrogation whenever he's with Flack. :devil: :devil: :devil: The Kinka-poodle likes showing himself to the Jackhammer, oh yes, he does!

14. Top41

AJ was probably like, "What no one wants to play Adam? Guys? Guys? Nevermind...."

:lol:

Awww, these two are such cute boyfriends--I mean best friends. ;) :lol: :devil:

I think over time it's become obvious to Danny that Flack isn't just in it for the sex. I imagine in the beginning, Danny probably thought he had to use sex to keep Flack interested or from abandoning him, but I think Flack's devotion over time has proved Flack is not just in it for the sex. Who else would rush to Danny's side just to console him when he's upset about something? And I think it's pretty obvious Danny didn't put out after "On the Job" or RSRD or "All in the Family"...and he didn't feel that not doing that would cost him Flack's love.

When I think how rigid Flack is with everyone else--even people he cares about!--it's even more amazing how much he's willing to do for Danny. When it comes to Danny, it seems the rules don't apply. Flack's only purpose becomes protecting his baby.

Flack really just needs to bend Danny over his desk and show him the old fashioned way what he wants. :lol: In this case, Flack being such a gentleman might be working against him a bit. :lol:

Danny really is a shameless little slut. :lol: He loves flirting and showing off and tempting Flack, which no doubt drives our poor homicide detective out of his mind! No wonder he's so cranky with perps. :lol: ;)

15. ZhuShuaijie

Thanks friends Because have you-all and cat dog, my birthday is very happy;)

Hahaha......"I am amazed Flack didn't get his ass kicked for that. "
    I can see such scene, naughty and savage Danny do, then the Flack will pretend retaliate upon, Uh....on the sofa or bed. Poor small "squirrel":drool: , your dog dog how will order about you, command you "sport".

On the sofa or bed???:lol:
    Yes!I think that although the Danny sometimes is naughty and pigheaded ,like a kid. But, the My Don always knows how footsie him,allure him, care his kitty.
    For example, like so:
    "Hey Babe, Doing now! Otherwise,I will in public nip your ass. You hope such?"
    I bet, this its origin:
    [​IMG]
    Hahaha...... OK, the My Don will with his younger sister jealousness , that is lovely, perhaps, that is only a fun. perhaps, the Flack will warn his kitty:"Hey, Babe You had better leave Sam to far !"
    Poor man,his No.n, rival in love^_^

assume the position????It lets me have some perplexities!:confused: