Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's so great to see some new folks in here! :D Welcome!!! There sure is something irresistible about the boys, wouldn't you agree? :D :D :D

I'm still grinning from last night's episode. A few more thoughts...

Flack's definitely a little stalkerish in this episode. :lol: Can't say I blame him, but he certainly thinks (knows?) that he knows what's best for Danny, and dammit, Danny is going to realize it. I love that Flack is the one person who doesn't give up on Danny, ever. He could have easily called in the gun theft at any time, but he didn't. I think Flack's a little bit of a control freak--he knew he could best protect Danny by being involved. Calling it in meant taking it--and Danny's fate--out of his control, and he wasn't going to let that happen.

I totally agree with the assessment that Flack made sure Rikki was walked through the system for Danny. After seeing this episode, I honestly think there isn't anything that Flack wouldn't do for Danny. He really is so smitten.

Danny is kind of a brat to Flack throughout the episode. But I do love how Flack didn't waver in the face of Danny's brattiness--he just kept being pushy because he considered what Danny was going through to be his business. Danny--and everything that has anything to do with him--is definitely Flack's business.

That was truly a great moment. Danny's voice was so sad and he sounded so broken and hopeless. I think Flack wanted to go after him, but also respect what Danny wanted. That look that passed across Flack's face said so much--including how in love with Danny he is.

Danny is a brat, but I notice he pretty much submits to Flack's will. In RSRD, Flack told him they weren't going anywhere, and well, they didn't go anywhere. ;) In this ep, Flack demanded Danny bring Rikki in, and Danny might not have liked it, but he obeyed. Danny knows Flack wants what's best for him.

Did anyone else notice Danny didn't seem to be making eye contact with Flack in this scene? It looked like he was looking at Flack's mouth. Danny kind of gets almost...submissive around Flack sometimes. Like he did in RSRD. When Flack gets authoritative, Danny usually bends to his will.

Wow! Look at the intensity in Flack's eyes!!! He's really, really worried about his baby.

Danny looks like he's about to cry and Flack looks like he's trying to get a hold of Danny. Flack certainly took a few liberties with his Kinkapoodle, didn't he? :devil: ;) He really was intense with Danny in that scene. Poor Danny seemed so devastated.

Flack really deserved a kiss...and more for all of his efforts in this episode. Thanks for the caps, Elsie!!! :D

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I totally agree Top. I didn't quite no know to describe the behavior but yah, I think submissive works. This bit of dialogue:

"we split the list. Four hours. We come up empty after..."
    "then we'll call it in. We'll call it in. Absolutely.."

Don was GOING to be a part of this, despite Danny's previous request that Flack "never saw him", suddenly Danny went from determined to stick to his plan, to quietly nodding and willing to let Don help. Clearly he knows when Don's not screwing around. ^_^

Don could have turned around and called it in at any time, but Danny trusted him enough that he knew Flack wouldn't throw him to the wolves. That is Flack's giving him advice, it's gonna be good advice that won't land him in trouble. Like you said, Don wouldn't let Danny's fate slip out of his control.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Welcome to the D/F thread, Dragonflydreamer, just1tearforme, Calli_Rhoccaea! :D And Jay1987 ... :lol: nice of you to leave a positive message on D/F anyway. ;)

Yes, I've already watched the D/F scenes twice. :devil: They just get better and better with each watch, seriously.

This talk about Danny being submissive to Flack? Talk about HOT. Just imagine Danny with a leash attached to that necklace of his with the steel ring ... oh my. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Anyways, I bring a few more screencaps!

Finally, we have full-on visual evidence of Flack in Danny's apartment! :devil: :D

[​IMG]

Danny's pool table is definitely gone for good. It used to be where the couch and coffee table is now, and ya sure won't put those there if you're getting the table repaired, ya know? :p

The reason I totally don't get why people actually think Danny 'pushed Flack away' is because of this:

[​IMG]

See, if Danny wanted Flack gone, he wouldn't even have explained the situation, much less, handed Flack the list of places to look for Ollie. Oh no, Danny wanted Flack to be on his side and to help him, and Flack sure did, didn't he?

Also, Flack was never angry at Danny or vice versa. Flack's just one scary SOB when he's worried about Danny. :lol: I sure wouldn't wanna be in his way if something bad happens to Danny!

[​IMG]

Ohh, Danny may be shorter than Flack but he's no woobie (even though he cries a lot :lol:)! Flack had to peel him off Ollie with all his strength, and that's after Danny managed to get two powerful right hooks into Ollie's mug. And heck no, Flack didn't stop Danny to protect Ollie, he did it to protect Danny and make sure his kinka-poodle didn't bring more @#$% upon himself.

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

So... I had a little time on my hands this evening, and I edited together a video of all the Danny-Flack plot scenes.

It's kinda sad that the WHOLE DF plot was only about 11 minutes of the whole show. :p but still, I wanted to see all the pieces of it back to back without the other case cluttering things up in between.

Anyhow, I uploaded the video so if anyone is interested in downloading it for their viewing pleasure, here's the link.

--Download instructions: Right click the link and select "save Link as" or "save target as" depending on your system.--
    The Danny-Flack Show!

I have to ask though that you PLEASE not hotlink the video. I'll have to take it down if anyone does. :(

I'm posting this because I've edited the clips myself and I'm under the impression this is more like a fanvid-- being that it's only about 11 minutes of the whole ep. If there's any issue with this though, please let me know and I'll remove the link asap.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Great thoughts on the episode, guys. :D I was watching it in Michigan, and I loved the stuff with Danny and Flack. It's good, solid, meaty stuff to work with, and it's none of that cliche, flimsy s*it you get with onscreen friendships sometimes. I can't help but wonder how much input Eddie and Carmine had for the scenes...

I set up my VCR to tape the episode, so we'll see if it worked when I have time to check it tomorrow. As it is, I need to run through the rest of the board and head to bed--you wouldn't think 17-ish hours sitting in a car would be so exhausting. :lol:

Anyway, I definitely think this is a good episode to strengthen the idea of D/F, but there's also a bit of angst to be found as well--Flack will do anything for Danny (and damn, his expression when Danny walked in at the end was just smitten--I need screencaps! :lol:), but the fact is that he asked Angell out for coffee. Danny needs to get his s*it together or Flack's going to draw the line and not budge. *pets them both--and nudges Danny toward Flack* ;)

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Thanks Kimmy :) I've been a fan of D/F for quite some time, but I don't generally venture into shipper central because there are few few CSI ships that I really enjoy... and I can't stand the nicknames that people come up with, weather I like the ship or not :lol:

But Danny and Flack are just so irresistible that I couldn't *not* post here anymore.

The caps that everyone is providing are just wonderful. I'm trying to convert my sister from Danny/Mac to Danny/Flack, and these might help :p

The chemistry between the two in the last episode was outstanding. I can't wait to see what will happen next in their relationship.

7. Sirius

Sirius Hit and Run

This was such a danny/flack episode! Even me, whos an avid Danny/Mac shipper...I have to say their fun to watch! i've rped them a couple of times....but we usually do it as like...comfort sex...but i'm rambling sorry.
    i wanted Don to hit the guy and i think he kicked Ollie in the butt, i'm not sure but i sware i heared a "thump" when Danny went to go check on Rikki. (what is with the ie/y sounding names!? Danny, Donny, rikki....)

8. Top41

DragonflyDreamer, I'm so with you on the ship names. :lol: I'm not a fan myself. Danny and Flack don't really have one, which is nice.

There's something in Danny's demeanor that just changes when Flack's around. He really does trust Don to take care of him. He also knew that he was way out of line, hence his pleading tone. Can Flack deny his Danny anything? I think not.

I think that's a big thing too--Flack likes to be in control and in charge, and he likes to swoop in and save the day. He wouldn't want anyone else having control over what happened to Danny.

Danny handed that half of the list right over. He knew he was in over his head and needed Flack's help. And that Flack wasn't going to give up until Danny let him help him. Flack really would do anything for Danny--even bend the rules he holds so dear.

No kidding. I truly believe Flack would kill for Danny, and though he took the tough love approach here, I don't think was angry. Just very, very worried his Kinkapoodle would get himself in trouble yet again. Did you see the expression on his face when Danny worked his way between Rikki and Ollie? Flack's worst nightmare is something bad happening to Danny. I think if it had come down to the choice of Rikki shooting Danny or Flack shooting Rikki, Flack wouldn't have hesitated. He would have fired on her in a heartbeat.

Exactly. :lol: And yeah, it might have taken a little effort for Flack to get Danny off Ollie, but I love how Flack kind of swung Danny around and sort of deposited him rather than throwing him to the ground. :lol: Flack's so careful with Danny. :lol:

Definitely screencaps needed! I love the way Flack looks at Danny--it's never been more intense than it has in this episode. He just adores Danny with his eyes. It's pretty romantic.

You know, as much as I think there's chemistry between Flack and Angell, he could have just needed somebody to talk to about Danny. He's clearly worried about Danny and doesn't know how to help Danny out of this depression and guilt over Ruben that Danny's fallen into. And if there's one thing that would devastate Flack, it would be not being able to help Danny.

9. Calli_Rhoccaea

Calli_Rhoccaea Civilian

Ship names = corny much! :rolleyes: Thank goodness Flack and Danny don't have one!!!!!!!

All I've noticed in the little we've seen of Angell so far is that she and Flack have a very laid back, open frienship. Sure, their playful bantering could be taken as flirting by some (and those people I :rolleyes: at) but I see it as more of a brother-sister relationship, which is why he knew he could trust her with everything that happened with Danny.

Although, that could just be me thinking Danny is better for Flack than any woman, no matter how awesome she seems ;).

And just as an afterthought: I am loving the screencaps!!!!!!!! :D

10. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

The one thing that jumped out at me in that scene was that Flack has Danny on speed dial and can recite his cell phone number by memory. I don't know why but I just loved that.

I had another thought. Flack said that they had to take Rikki in because Ollie was probably going to call his lawyer and tell him what happened. If he did call his lawyer, Ollie would have said that both Danny and Flack were there. I'd like to think that partly why Danny didn't help Rikki run is that he knew that if he did, Flack would also be in a lot of trouble for not bringing her in intially. Maybe one of the reasons he brought Rikki in was to protect Flack. Like I said, just a thought.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, Flack would definitely kill to protect Danny, if that was what was required. I think Flack was really worried about Danny throughout the episode, as clearly demonstrated by getting into his apartment, checking his laptop, GPS'ing his ass, and making sure that Rikki would be OK when he took her in. But I do think he seemed a little pissed off at Danny, maybe not angry, but definitely exasperated. After all, how many times can he tell Danny the same things, and make sure that he stays out of trouble before wondering what he is getting in return? :rolleyes: I do love Danny/Flack, but I think that it's no wonder that Flack is potentially considering looking elsewhere (with Angell maybe), because quite honestly he doesn't seem to be getting anything at all from Danny at the moment... That said, screencaps do not lie. :lol: And really at the end he only has eyes for Danny, once he walks into the room Flack does look smitten.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Flack can't possibly let him leave without trying to clear the air... Aww *hugs them*

That was great wasn't it? :lol: Especially as he surely has Danny on speed dial, so he can't actually need to remember the number. I do like Flack's attention to detail. :D

Oh and welcome to the thread everyone! It's really great to see so many new faces in here. :D

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Danny knew that too.

[​IMG]

When Flack rushed in and brandished his gun, Danny was instantly holding up his arm towards Flack as if to say, "No, Flack, don't shoot her, gimme some time, please!" I think Flack was already set on shooting Rikki, but didn't do it because Danny pleaded with him not to. Danny also gives Flack an obvious glance while he's standing between Ollie and Rikki and man, the look on Flack's face right there and then:

[​IMG]

:lol: Does he look stern or what!

Flack: You shoot my Danny and I am gonna shoot you, lady!

Yeah, I think he would have fired on her in a heartbeat too ... if it wasn't for Danny.

After watching the Flack/Angell scene a few times, I have to admit that there was this big brother/big sister vibe going on. The way they looked at each other, you could either read it as concern for Danny since Danny was the subject of conversation or you could read it romantically too. However, what gave me the big brother/big sister vibe was the way Flack started to talk about Danny and then clam up and check his surroundings. Even then, he was making sure that nothing he did or said would harm Danny in any way.

And Angell makes for a good listening ear about what happened. She is someone who's been shown in canon to know about Danny's situation. Last episode, she spoke to him on the bus about Ruben and gave her condolences so it's logical that she would be concerned about Danny and want to know what happened that would plonk Flack back in his precinct late into the night even on his day off.

Here's something else: When Danny came in with Rikki to have her booked, I think Flack deliberately called Angell by her first name to tone down the situation. If he'd said, "Detective Angell, can you please book her?" ... that would have sounded more harsh and detached than, "Jess, can you please take her in?" I also think it's significant that he didn't use the word 'book' and that he used 'take her in' instead. 'Take her in' has a much kinder connotation to it; when you take somebody in, it usually means taking someone under your care. Isn't it great that Flack tries his best to make things as easy as possible for Danny right down to everything he says? :D :D :D

:lol: Good point on the phone number recital! I couldn't quite pinpoint why I loved that so much but you did. Flack has him on speed dial and yet, he also has Danny's number memorized just like that.

That is an excellent point! :D Well, well, Danny. You're not so good at hiding your love for Flack after all. ;)

Yeah, you gotta wonder about that ... For some reason, I don't think Flack ever considers what he'll ever get in return for his love for Danny. I think he just loves Danny, period, and doesn't need a reason or reward for it. :) Perhaps having Danny in his life, knowing that Danny wants him to be there even when it seems like the guy doesn't, knowing that he's the one Danny turns to in time of need ... yeah, that could very well be his reward already.

Flack, you are so in love with Danny. Just go propose to him already! :lol: I'm sure Danny won't mind you driving him around town in tha flashy car of yours all the time! :lol:

[​IMG]

13. althea

althea Lab Technician

Flack really loves Danny spending his day off chasing after his k'poo trying to keep him out of trouble. I have to say that last few moments with them was my favorite. When Danny walked in with Rikki Flack's face just kind of glowed he was sooo relieved Danny had listened to him. And when Danny was on his way out Flack going after him trying to rectify things that was so sweet the way he called Danny "Messer." and Danny turned around and said something like "What Don." I just love the way Danny says "Don".

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm going to be away for a while (again)--I know, it's so soon! What will you do without me?! :p ;)

Anyway, I'm determined to try to write something for these two while I am lacking access to the intranetz. :p Possibly even a post-ep for "All in the Family"...

I love the screencaps--especially the ones with Flack's expression when Danny walked in with Rikki at the end. When I saw that part of the episode, the look on his face just jumped out at me--so sweet. ^_^

15. Top41

Ooooh, good point about Flack having Danny's number memorized! :D The man really does know his baby, doesn't he? In the age where most people don't even know their closest friends' numbers--it's all in the cell!--Flack can recite Danny's from heart. :D

Wow! Wow. :D If that isn't the look of a man totally and completely in love, I don't know what is. He's caught sight of Danny and well, it looks like there's nothing else in the room for him!

I love how Flack chased after Danny. He's doing that a lot in this episode, isn't he? Danny really is going to have to give it up sooner rather than later. ;)

That man will kill for his Danny, make no mistake. He was not happy when Danny got in between Rikki and Ollie. Flack would have definitely shot her if she hadn't lowered her weapon. That look on his face--man! She's lucky he loves Danny so much or else I doubt he would have made things so easy on her at the station. It's funny--Flack only showed sympathy for Dnany, not for Rikki. Flack can be a little one-track-mind when it comes to his Danny.

And I agree that Flack should have gotten much more gratitude from Danny. I think he knows Danny is hurting and feels for Danny, but damn if Flack doesn't deserve some kind of gold medal (or a coupon book for some Kinkapoodle lovin' ) from Danny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.