CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

A movie will be good,i like that idea.

2. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I'd like the idea of a movie, once the series has ended and only if it features the complete original cast (characters and actors). I think since CSI eps are already shot as "minifilms", CSI could make a good movie. Thing is, they have to find a kick-ass storyline, a great villain and it has to be a little bit personal, but in a way that hasn't been done before (so, not necessarily the "csi as a victim" thing again). And officially I've been watching too much America's Best Dance Crew. Oh, and it has to have the best soundtrack ever!

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm okay for a movie as long as GSR is not part of it.

4. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^

By the time the CSI movie's actually done, Lindsay will probably be the shift supervisor and the title of the film will be Crime Lab Musical.

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Lol. Greg will be the wise old man and at least one of the characters will probably be dead and/or retired. And they'll probably have run out of cases. Regardless, I would honestly rather they put whatever amount of work into the actual episodes rather than into a movie.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

AGREED with the above from happyharper. How about instead of wasting time and energy on a movie I'm pretty sure will be a bust or disappear into Hollywood hell, you put that money into giving the actors (GE, ES) a raise!!! That's money well spent. Or, better yet, pay some decent writers to come in and write some decent material?

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You really trust the current crop to hire new ones? :rolleyes:Would they have to write a declartion of some sort swearing to worship..I won't say it..;)

I'd love to see Tom M who wrote Turn, Turn, Turn to write a few more episodes. He was good!

8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Eh, everyone's going to have their favored writers, and I don't think it's going to be entirely based on the writer's skill. Different people construct different aspects of the storylines, and some writers (like Tom M, as you mentioned) might be more popular with certain fans because they happened to be saddled with writing episodes that focus on those fans' favorite characters (kinda like how DR tends to be more liked by GSR and Greg fans).

Honestly, I really think we don't cut the writers enough slack. Constructing complex mysteries that can be solved with forensic evidence is almost certainly a lot harder than we fans appreciate, IMO. I would challenge anyone here who has been complaining about the writing to try writing a better episode. It's a lot easier to write character drama and development than it is to write a science-based mystery, IMO, especially after this many years.

Also, I think that a lot of the things that we don't like about the show's writing can be blamed more on the producers/other PTB than on the writers. I'd be fairly certain that the writers aren't the ones making the major creative decisions. While I really don't like the way TPTB seem to ignore continuity too much of the time, I think the writers are still doing a darn good job.

So yeah... Eric Szmanda mentioned in the interview that he looked forward to having a bigger budget for the movie (being able to create explosions and the like), so I suppose I'd rather they used the money that would go into a movie into getting a bigger budget for a few episodes. I do not want to see them change the writing staff. Also per raises, it's not like the actors themselves (at least the series regulars) are slumming it. But perhaps raises for the recurring characters might help.

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Thank you for summing up how I feel about the writers and so eloquently. I think some people related to CSI have been taking a bum rap when they didn't necessarily do anything wrong...

Anywho, I applaud your post...:beer:

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lmao! you killed me with this one. ;)

well a movie and a CSI episode are two different things. first, CSI gets a pretty much steady income with their new episodes, repeats, and licences to other countries. it's predictable, which is why they know ahead of time how much they make per ep. in result they open their Excel spreadsheet and type in a nice Cash Flow table and realize how much they can spend on making an episode so that they end up earning money each time.

spending more than it is rational on a CSI episode wouldn't bring much help, unless they were a new TV show that needs to invest to intrigue people. but they are 10 years old. in a long run, investing crazy money wouldn't bring many people in for good. (especially if you want to give a huge rise to George or something. lol.) so yeah, spending that cash on a few episodes of a dinosaur show only to have a short raise in ratings is pointless. their investment wouldn't convert into an appropriate income.

with a movie, it's completely different. they get a lot of money in its budget b/c they have a chance of earning a ridiculous amount of money right away if the movie is good. and if it is, they can always come up with a sequel. lol.

now they just need to find the right story.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Let me get this straight. Dinosaur series, huge budget, motion picture...

CSI: The Wrath of Millander

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lmao. good one. ;) but i hope they won't be recycling old stories but come up with something new. although i wouldn't complain if they put LH somewhere.

13. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

WOAH!!! That will be real awesome to have a movie based on the CSI show!!! Excpt, it would be like an ender for the CSI show. Because in the end the movie would be like the "final case" by the CSIs!!!

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I will say WP has the right idea. He said in a recent article that the movie, "can't just be an extended episode" which is very true. If this idea is even on the table, still. they're gonna have to think of something really good.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well since vampires are popular right now, they can turn the team into vampires for the movies.

I could see Grissom as a vampire. He could be explaining the science of bites to a potential victim is a logical, sequential way.

"Vampires are nocturnal creatures who are unable to sustain their lives through the use of animal, vegetable and wheat-based products. Our biological systems require minerals and vitamins only found in blood products. I'm sorry, but I must use my extended incisors to draw blood from you. This will only hurt a bit."