CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I agree with Kimbo ,a movie at season four or five would have been great but it didn't happen. Now is not the time because if it did fail then all the critics would prove their point,it is a dying show or it is already dead. People are still angry that three of their favorite stars left in less than a year's time. Petersen showed bad judgment in wanting out right after Dourdan's departure,he had waited years, what was one more and allow the loss of Warrick to be felt before moving forward.

I agree with part of what you said. He never said he was going to leave, but why create this HUGE deal when you leave, only to come back less than a year later. Not to mention, if that is what WP is thinking, that's kind of cocky to think that in my opinion. He wasn't the only one that left the show. He isn't the only factor as to why the ratings are low.

But we can't put all the blame on Petersen,tptb had a choice too,they could have seen how the show did with the team left but instead they rushed out got the first actor that said yes to their new plan of replacing Petersen and wanted to make him their new star,that was impossible but they would do it regardless of what the fans wanted,and what a response we have been getting. There is a lot of negative,not for Fishburne but the way he was introduced and the way he has been given the most face time,killing the continuity of hte show and making it unbelievable. The lead man dribble doesn't phase me anymore,it was a dumb decision and it is the reason people are tuning out.

I personally don't want a movie right now,it is hard enough to watch a show that was wonderful change into something I no longer recognize and to place it on a big screen and call it CSI would be absolutely wrong.

I know a lot of GSR fans are excited,a love scene on the big screen would be like their dream come true but I personally would have to walk out of the theater.

See, it should be about the show,not about Grissom,Sara or even Nick or Catherine but a good story that could be only told on a big screen,right now it would put the nail in the coffin it weren't done right.

I want them to get it right on the television show before they move forward with a movie, this season has been a hit and miss. Story lines that were a little off due to unbelievablility. Then there was Mascara and that really tilted the scale, it was just plain ole bad writing.

Who wouldn't want a movie? But it should be done for the right reasons,not because a certain fan base is missing their favorite actors. Heck,if you look AT REALITY most of these fans have already left( THAT IS WHY THE RATINGS ARE TANKING),why would one think they would return to watching the show after the movie? I would go after the audience that is still left and that would mean having the focus the actors on the show who were loyal,who stayed to make it work, have them make a movie. I feel they should leave out the quitters!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, that's a good possibility, without a doubt. However, on the flip side, there were some fans who quit watching because of a certain relationship and once both parties of said relationship were gone, some of those viewers came back... so it's also possible that a two-parter featuring said relationship could have the opposite affect. I'm not saying that's how I feel cause I'm still watching the show (obviously lol), but I'm just saying it's a possibility. They have to be very careful with this. It could go either way at this point. I do think that an ep where Grissom comes back (perhaps to help with an entomology thing) would boost the ratings for sure though.

As for a storyline for the movie, I still like the idea of them trying to find someone before it's too late (sort of like the Miami ep Gone Baby Gone) as opposed to just solving a murder. They have to solve a kidnapping ... using evidence found and all.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ yeah, that is a possibility. personally i don't think it took over the show so much that it made a significant number of people stop watching, but you never know. Wedges annoys the crap out of me but i didn't stop watching the show b/c of the occassional scene between them. however, i do realize they focused a lot more on the ship you were talking about, and not everybody is like me.

i definitely agree that TPTB has to be careful what they put into a movie, and i seriously doubt anyone would even consider a love scene. Billy has filmed numerous love scenes in his career but he knows that you don't film them with actors who are 55 years old. it just wouldn't fit CSI, nor Grissom's character to expose him to such extent.

4. governess

governess Victim

If they DO make a CSI movie can it be a season finale where they kill off Ray? His character just isn't fitting in...at least in my eyes he's not. He's boring AND he keeps doing things I feel a level 1 just ought not to do. He has a quiet arrogance that I keeps me at a distance with the character. If the movie was based on Ray being murdered I'd be into it!

No disrespect to anyone. I just don't like the character.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^Ummm....wow.

I agree with the love scene part. Not necessary. That is where fanfiction world enters real world. I honestly can't see Gil and Sara or any of the CSI's havin a love scene. As much as I would love to see certain characters without a shirt, others would just seem awkward and unnatural.

6. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

In a way I really hope they dont make the movie CSI because, look at the facts-ish, they've made movies from TV shows and they haven't really gone down well have they? They either make this movie and it's incredible and 4-5 stars or they make the movie and its a flop... I really hope they make the right choice here!

7. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I am also apprehensive about the making of a CSI film, but I do know that Star Trek did good with its movies, in my opinion. The problem is, someone out in the world will hate this movie no matter what, but there will also be the one person who loves it, too. We'll just have to wait and see.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I haven't seen it anywhere other than associated with that BP story. I'll believe it when it's in the theaters. (Yah it was in the RDH interview but they refered back to the BP story when the question was asked.)

personally I don't want a CSI movie. At least not yet. When given the choice of spending movie theater prices to see it once or watching CSI pretty much whenever I want in my bedroom I'm watching in my bedroom. I don't have the money to waste at a movie. The only movie from tv that's been worth it lately has been Star Trek (and I haven't seen it nor do I want to).

Besides the only way I can see both a TV show and a movie filming before the TV show is off the air is if one of them (movie or tv) has a completely different set of actors. There's no way the same set of actors can film both movie and tv at the same time and have any quality in the finished product. (By quality I mean good acting and an interesting story.) I'm someone who's set in my way - George Eads is Nick, Paul Guilfoyle is Brass, Marg Helgenberger is Catherine ... and so on. I don't want it changed. :(

Susan

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

A movie would be nice...but honestly after the show is done running new eps on tv. Then they can do whatever they want and not have to try to tie it into the current season.

11. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

If they did do a movie (which personally i don't want them to do) i would only watch it if they used the original cast. This made seem odd but because it would be a movie they can choose anytime to do it. Grissom, Sara and Warrick would all need to be in it. No offence to the newbies but after 9 seasons of acting for the show surely it would only be right to allow the originals who are the best in my opinion to be able to act in it.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I"ve decided if they do a CSI movie, they must have the dog from the movie Up.

Nick: Hey it's a dog..

Grissom: Yes, Nick it's a dog

Nick: Speak boy!

Dog: Hi there!

Nick and Grissom stare at each other

Nick: did that dog just speak

Dog jumps on Nick: Hi there..I'm Dug and I love you, my master made me this collar so i can speak..SQUIRREL!

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's an article about the "MOVIE" with the executive producer William Petersen/former CSI star talking about it. Also he misses 'Grissom', so when he and the rest get the time, this will be a go.. can't wait:bolian:

WHERE THERE'S A GIL

Courtesy of WPAP~

14. HockeyInMiami

HockeyInMiami Victim

I hope the movie doesn't mean the end of the show. Sometimes, it does and I don't want that to happen because I LOVE CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Also, that would mean the spin-offs would end as well (wouldn't mind NY too much (well, maybe a little), but I'd kill the writers if they killed Miami). Also, what kind of plot would be extensive enough for a movie? Movies are supposed to be really really long. :wtf: They make your eyes hurt and spend way too much money on popcorn and ancient gummies. I just don't see that for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. But I suppose if they made a movie, my addiction would force me to see it and buy the DVD.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ancient gummies! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Most movies are not that long. They average 90 minutes and one episode of CSI is already about 45 minutes, so it would be like a two-hour episode, which they already have had.

I'm not too keen on this movie idea. I don't see how they'll do it. I mean it would probably feature mainly or only Grissom and Sara as the rest of the cast is filming the regular season. I mean filming one episode of CSI can take about nine days, where would the rest of the cast find time? It would have to filmed during the hiatus and would the rest of the cast be on board for that? *sighs* I don't know.