"CSI" taps Liev Schreiber to fill in for William Petersen

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jimmyolsenblues, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Re: "CSI" taps Liev Schreiber to fill in for William Peterse

I agree with Destiny, if he was tired, or sick of doing t.v he could have said 'I quit' and just left...but he didn't. He gave tptb plenty of notice (I first read about this during the summer). I live in Massachusetts, and I'm just psyched that I'll be somewhat closer to Billy, for a short time anyway! ;)
    As far as Liev Schreiber filling in, I was kinda surprised when I heard that, I thought for sure that they'd have Catherine take over for the short term. But, like I've said before, noone can take Grissoms place!!!!!

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Liev Schreiber? Not really sure who he is. Is he the guy who played Cotton Weary in Scream as noted above, I'm just trying to get a picture of who he is. Some weirdo was telling me the other day that they were thinking of giving the role to Don Johnson (Oh The Horror)! Good thing they didn't go in that direction!

3. Kira\'s Mom

Kira\'s Mom Victim

Was lurking, because I only casually watch CSI nowadays...but delurking because I'm excited that Liev Schreiber will be on. :D I've been a fan of his for a long time.

4. Melle

Melle Victim

In my opinion, WIll Peterson is irreplacible. but we'll see how it goes.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Why is WP leaving? And why can't Catherine run the lab? :mad:

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I'm assuming this new person is coming on...just to stir stuff up with the people already on the show!?!?!?! Just a guess.

I heard that Cath is suppose to have a love interest this season...could this guy be it?!?!?!?! Blah...hope not. :(

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I know he's leaving to do a play out here in Chicago for a few weeks...I wonder too though why Cath can't run the lab.

8. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Liev Schreiber is a wonderful actor, and definitely underrated. As for him being a "Grissom replacement", I just don't see that as a possibility. First of all, no one can replace Grissom. The show's been on too long and there's far too many fans. It just won't happen. Second of all, Peterson's only going to be gone from the show for 2-4 episodes. It won't be a problem. We can deal. Actors need a break to explore their own passions. Schreiber has done great work in the past, and I can't wait to see him on CSI. I guess I'll have to TiVo Grey's Anatomy...

9. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Omigod, LURRRRVE Liev Schreiber! He's got such an air about him... so intense and intelligent. I could see him playing the role of Grissom before CSI started, if Grissom had been cast a little younger. (Not that I want him to channel Grissom now... there's only ONE Grissom, right?!)

But I don't mind seeing new characters - I'm not so attached to any particular ones that I scream when they don't show up on screen. I really hope that he's a bit difficult for the team to get used to... they've worked together for so long and they're really cohesive; it'd make sense for a new person to mess with the vibes, you know?

10. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Destiny, I totally love you. You know that, right?
    I'm all for Billy's theatre-is-my-love hiatus (I actually find it quite adorable), but really, there's no need to drag some other guy in. As others have said, there are plenty of other characters to fill the tragically empty airtime. Typical TPTB. Oh well. Such is life.

11. Annissa

Annissa Witness

This will be interesting!

12. hanna

hanna Victim

I love this actor! I cant wait!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Somebody fill me in please?!?! I didn't know WIlliam Peterson was going to be leaving the show..when did that get decided?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Carrie-Anne

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

malainse1957, William Petersen's contract is for 7 seasons, but it has not been decided if he will be leaving after that. He has mentioned that he would like to stay with the show as long as they would like him to. But he has also had health problems. For now, he will be gone for about four episodes to do some live theater work. But nothing is official for next year at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.