"CSI" taps Liev Schreiber to fill in for William Petersen

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jimmyolsenblues, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: "CSI" taps Liev Schreiber to fill in for William Peterse

^^Totally agree with that.

He's only gone for 4 eps this season but let's face it,William Petersen is not gonna be next season and they're looking for his replacement. :( :( :(

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I just posted the full press release made by CBS PRESS over at the season 7 spoiler thread. :D

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Next season actually hasn't been decided yet...WP may be around on a limited basis. No one knows for sure.

4. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I'm not familiar with Schreiber's work, but, wow, I can see the resemblance to Sinese.

5. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

You know if Grissom will be gone for a few of episodes why can't Catherine take over the lab? Personally, I think bringing Schreiber in is gonna mess with the great chemistry that the cast has with each other. But as long as Grissom comes back... I love seeing him and Brass working together.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm everyone is entitled to their opinions, but personally I applaud William for doing this, he is doing something that he wants to do, he is taking a small couple eps break from the show, to do a play that he apparently loves. Now some could speculate that he is out testing the waters to be sure its something he is going to want to do from now on (vs just saying it), since nothing is for sure in hollywood, he could decide its to much and stay with the show or like it and finish the season as normal.

"Stunt" implies that he didn't give notice, didn't take into consideration, ect. the problem is that this isn't a sudden thing, this news about him doing the play and being gone from the show for so many eps, has been going on for a while now. New blood coming in on a temp basis could prove or disprove if WP decided to leave for good whether it would work to bring some new character in or move someone up.

Actually it sounds like some think its inconsiderate that he didn't wait till the season was over to do this, thing is its not up to us, were his fans sure, but this is his life, his work, his love, his decision, whether or not the fans agree with it. Again I appauld him for doing this, if he is tired or wore out from the show he could have decided "I quit now" but he decided to take a couple episodes break and then return back. JMO

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hmmm..Nick, Warrick can't do the part...

typical of the TPTB

8. NicksGirl

NicksGirl Victim

The show already has enough actors, very popular and very capable actors, that it doesn't need anyone else to come in while William Petersen is working on other projects. Catherine, Warrick, Nick, Sara, Greg, Brass, Sofia, Hodges, Archie, etc.

I know that it is only for a few episodes, but why bring in a new character when the ones that have been here for years are underused.

I feel that it is a slap in the face that the producers do not think that their actors who have kept CSI at or near the top of the ratings for the past six years aren't good enough to keep the show going while Mr. Petersen is gone for ONLY four episodes. Just my opinion.

9. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

Why does or did William Petersen need a 'replacement'?

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Here is the thing, I have never been a Grissom fan, but I don't want some new guy coming in and disrupting everything, I mean come on, why couldn't Nick take over? he's great! also, I have this feeling that when the new guy comes along he's going to act in this wierd way where he treats Nick badly, dosn't think Greg can do his job, critics Warrick and Catherine, and says stuff to Sara, if he isn't like this, I'll be shocked.

but all I can say is at least it isn't Mike Ironside, he always takes over as the head person on TV shows, it drives me crazy,I don'tlike him.

Any way, we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully it isn't s bad as I think it will be.

I don't know maybe He'll treat Nick with respect, I realy don't know... ok bye:)

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Chiming in to say that I'm with you guys. Though I like and respect Mr. Schreiber, it wasn't necessary to bring on another actor to replace Grissom while he's away. As far as I'm concerned, they could have brought in Ecklie to work with the crew until Grissom got back. Although Ecklie is kind of a jerk, it would have made for some interesting dialogue.

You just know that there will be more attention focused on Schreiber than on the rest of the gang, thus taking away precious scenes of the actors we've grown to love. That's what I hate the most - taking away screentime from our beloved cast.

"Gumdrops" was one of the best episodes in the history of this show, and Grissom wasn't in that one. I'm fairly certain that the writers could have come up with equally good episodes to run sans Grissom.

12. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

He DOES look like a young Gary doesn't he! I can picture Ecklie walking past his office, take a look at him and say "Hey Mac what are ya doin' here? New York too boring for you?" Icky being the clueless person that he is. :rolleyes:

Back to Liev. I've only seen a few of his movies (Scream, Kate & Leopold, The Omen) and although I don't like the movies, I think he's a good actor. I can't wait to see him as Gil's temporary replacement. I think change is good. And since it's only temporary (for now), it shouldn't matter that much.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

He is not that old, he is same age as George Eads. I think I see him in the movies I use to watch long times ago, called Scream 1, 2, and 3, it been a long times I see this movies.

14. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I think bringing someone else in is a mistake and only done for ratings/buzz.
    We could have used the screen time on Warrick/Greg/Nick basically anyone who normallys gets swallowed up and has a one liner for 2 weeks in a row. I don't want 4 episodes without William Petersen and I am just upset about it.
    Cat gave great advice to Grissom that william petersen needs to truly understand.
    "People are building a family around you whether you want them to or not"

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I think they have too many characters as it is, but it may get boring without someone like Grissom around. I don't think we should bash it until we actually see how it goes. Only time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.