CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

What about CSI: Vegas? Did it ever reach the "Most Watched show in the world"?

2. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I agree, it's out there but that's what I like. I sit back, suspend belief and just enjoy. If you think about it, you could pick holes in each of the csi shows. It's not the only one that's unrealistic. It's just the one that's more out there.

I'd be sad if Miami wentt at anytime. But the thing that is making me most sad about the possible cancelation is the lack of closure. If only the Miami writers had been more respectfull of all characters and developed them the way NY has done. If only they had a better ending for this season, the way NY had for last season. I'd be sad of course, but I could live with it.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As far as saving money goes, if CBS wouldn't pay some of their sitcom stars so freaking much then they'd have more money for other shows. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that they pay someone on a thirty minute show more than someone on an hour long show.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I felt the same way when Cold Case was canceled. Charlie Sheen was getting paid $ 1.2 million an episode despite all the crap he was doing.

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

And CSIM is just another glossy melodrama which involves no actual police work, no legitimate forensic science, and procedure that would generally bring civil right lawsuits in most courts. So please, stop with the canard that CSIM is some avant-garde TV show. I liked it better the first time, when it was called Starsky & Hutch.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

6. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

If you want to watch a show that has an accurate depiction of forensics, then you’re going to have to watch a documentary. Forensic scientists have been complaining for years about the csi effect on the public, which was started by the original.
    I once saw an interview of William Peterson on UK TV, where he said that when they were researching the show, they found that some of the real crimes that had been committed by people were so out there, that if they put them on TV they wouldn’t be believed. So unbelievable, they had to tone it down. Granted he was talking about LV. Miami has taken that to the extreme. Who cares? It’s good fun. A couple of the men aren’t bad to look at either. ;) That always helps.

I for one do not claim it's avant-garde. But unlike some of the "acurately" depicted cop shows out there, it will be remembered for decades to come.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  7. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

imo they're bending the rules, but not breaking it otherwise there wouldn't be the positive recognition from comitiees/viewers/reviews

8. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I used to be a huge fan of Miami but I think over the past few seasons the storylines have gotten ridiculous. I'm a bigger fan of New York now, I'd be sadder to see NY go than Miami.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This was on EW.com

This is their opinion, don't know if they actually know. Nothing is official until CBS announces it.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope so because Miami already has 10 seasons and NY only has 8. Would be nice if NY can reach season 10 too.

Wasn't Miami's finale supposed to be a cliffhanger? Maybe the writers got a clue from CBS not to end the show with a cliffhanger?

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Miami writers changed the ending since they didn't know if the show would be back. there was supposed to be a cliffhanger at first though.

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

INdeed,that's why the one storyline wasn't wrapped up. The writers felt ending the season on a fractured team wasn't the way to go. Kudos to them.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

According to TVGuide.com CBS will announce its new fall schedule on Wednesday, May 16

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

They probably will wait til dinnertime to announce. :rolleyes:

15. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.