CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Well, if CBS cancels CSI Miami or CSI NY, who do we want to bame it on? Ted Nugent? President Obama? (HA):lol:

Peace

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Uhh...so much needless debate. All of these shows have gone on long enough. Can we please realize all of these shows are long in the tooth, and deserve a dignified ending? One not decided by the whims of Caruso....or the needs of Gary?

End them gracefully...with dignity...in a manner befitting to the core audience. Not this group of fans who want to to keep the series afloat with their endless fan-sodes they demand CBS air to maintain some,,,err....relevance.

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Bill_az,

If CBS doesn't renew CSI Miami, it's all Ted Nugent's fault. He doesn't know when to shut up! Grab Ted Nugent, book'em BoVista! He is an idiot and a reason why America's economy is in a mess, which I have explained before, that is why CBS is in debt! His mouth and politics!:scream:

Peace

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

If CBS doesn't renew CSI:Miami, it's because of CBS as it's CBS' decision. Ted Nugent doesn't have anything to do with the next television season, nor is he the entire reason the economy is in the state that it's in (which I'm pretty sure has been a mess for decades now). The two are unrelated.

The economy certainly is one of many elements that affect what might happen with all three CSIs in the future, but come on. I think you're reaching here a little.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

A big reach with a mighty long arm!!! :lol: That guy will hardly be the cause of CSI: Miami's demise. It's the network's decision.

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

CSI: NY will probably be canceled. I love all 3 CSI shows and I don’t want to see any of them canceled. But that’s not going to happen so I’d rather see CSI: NY go. CSI: Miami is much more entertaining. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Gary Sinise (I even met him) but the other characters in that show, aside from Sela Ward, are just boring now. :(

CSI: Miami will probably be renewed for a final season because…
    1. Syndication
    2. NYC 22 failed in it’s slot
    3. Miami has better ratings than NY and it’s own lead in, The Good Wife.

CBS will probably move The Mentalist to NY’s Friday slot and then push Person of Interest to 10 on Thursday, thus leaving another hour for comedy. :p

7. EdgeofNik

EdgeofNik Victim

In terms of cable syndication, CSI and CSI:NY have been doing far better for USA and TNT than CSI: M. Vegas and NY air very late and still draw far more viewers and better demos than Miami on AMC, even though it is in early prime. I'm sure AMC is disappointed. Check out the nightly cable ratings on tvbythenumbers.com. It's rare that Miami even makes the list, whereas Vegas regularly pulls in 1.2-1.5MM viewers even for the 1AM episode! Same for NY. I hope one of the two spin-offs survive. On any other network, the shows would be a shoe-in. Consider SVU, which has far fewer viewers and demos, but got a 23 episode order and is a "safe bet" to be renewed.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Miami hasn't been airing on AMC for that long though, that deal was just inked a few months ago I think. Miami has been airing as repeats on A & E for years, so how does USA/vegas and TNT/ny airings compare to the A&E/Miami airings?

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hendrix, if you want to snort about your damned politics, take your peace-hating ass to a board that's appropriate for it. Not everyone sees it your way.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

You all know I've been a CSI Miami junkie for years. But let's face it, it's outlived its usefulness. Nothing what it was like. It's gotten ridiculous and unbelievable. Most of the good characters just disappeared for no reason at all or for a stupid reason. I really haven't watched since Time Bomb.
    I hope NY will be renewed, simply because I like Gary Sinise, though it hasn't quite been the same since Stella left.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

To me,CSI Miami jumped the shark a couple of seasons ago. The cases have just become more and more absurd. Turning Stetler into a corrupt cop though,was the last straw for me.

12. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Well there are plenty of other people who still enjoy watching the show and would like to see it have a proper send-off. One more season with a good series finale is all I'm asking for. :)

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You always want a show you like to go out the best way. A really good season, with a really excellent series finale are hard to come by, but they can be done. CSI: Miami seems to have lost their way, but it can come back. :( If it's renewed, then its do-or-die time, because that would probably be the very last season. :)

14. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

I don't want either show to go, although, they've both dropped in quality big time. I like CSI:Miami more overall because of the characters, but most of them have been ruined these past few seasons, and the show has become way too unrealistic. Between the two, as much as I hate to say it, NY deserves to come back more than Miami at this point. The only way they should bring Miami back is if they went back to the way it was in season 1, and we all know that's not gonna happen. It almost seems as if the people in charge of Miami have set it up to be cancelled, considering how horrible these past two seasons have been.

15. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

CSI Miami is better than CSI NY, it is unique, and I admit the stories are silly but that’s half the fun, CSI NY is just another dull, dark cop show. Gary Sinse looks bored to death. I understand Miami makes much more internationally which makes sense as a visual, action-based show. Miami is what you want to watch in the dead of winter. If they want to save money they could lose Natalia nobody would care. Plus it has a nice diversity to the cast with Adam Rodriguez and Omar Miller, CBS shows are usually lily white.

My family has seen all three CSI’s and we all agree that CSI Miami is the best. :bolian: CSI Miami is the only one we watch regularly. If it gets cancelled we will be devastated! I think a television show that once had the title “The most watched show in the world” deserves a final season to wrap up all the loose ends. :) Last time I checked CSI NY never reached that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.