CSI Season 8 - UK Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Thanks. I hope we do get the next new ep that soon, I love new eps. And a total of 17 is good considering the writer's strike.:bolian:

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

From the teaser, this seemed on the surface to be a bog-standard episode - people getting shot, CSIs come to investigate (nice little effect with the gravitational drop - very similar to one in NY) and Grissom once again takes over One Liner Duty (mind you, this has been pretty rare this season - Brass has had one, Archie has had one and Nick has had at least three).​

After Drops became a part of it, however, it changed. I really like how they've experimented with the format this season - from the comedy of You Kill Me to the heartbreaking story in A Thousand Days On Earth, the writers have shown us that it doesn't need to be a strict formula.

The second half of the episode in particular was a virtual three-hander as Nick, Brass and Drops travelled all over Vegas looking first for Dana, then for her kidnapper. In a lighter show, you could imagine this episode spawning a couple of spin-offs - Vegas Five-O starring Nick and Brass, and of course... "I'm just trying to be a better person - My Name Is Drops". (Especially considering that Earl is also in jail at the moment).

Yet again we see just how much Brass has developed in the last eight (ok, seven-and-a-half) seasons. In the pilot, he seemed to be just a watered-down version of the character Ecklie has become, and I could never have imagined him becoming such a likeable character. His deadpan "Yippee. We're going to the hood." had me in stitches. He didn't refute Drops' accusation of racism but I think he was just refusing to take the bait - his dislike of Drops seemed to be more from Drops being a convicted criminal than anything to do with colour.

I also like how we were kept guessing what side Drops was really on - the pause before he shook his chess opponent's hand, convincing Brass to get him released but then happily wearing the electronic tag, then tricking them by getting it deactivated - only to discover he was only trying to escape because he wanted to save Dana and their unborn child. I really felt for him at the end when she said she wanted nothing to do with him. He did seem happy that the recovered money would go to them, though.

3. melbel

melbel Pathologist

what ep r u up to?

4. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

The next episode over here will be The Theory Of Everything, tonight at 9pm on Five.