CSI Season 8 - UK Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Re: Season 8 ---- on five----- UK

I am not able to watch tonight's episode as my beloved Liverpool are playing and then I am working when the repeat in on Five US tomorrow!
    Can someone please keep me updated with anything that happens in the episode.

2. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

ah a fellow Red!

Mind, don't know how much of the game I'll be watching, I'm already nervous. I'll feel better after a few glasses of vino :thumbsup:

3. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Wow, it's been ages since I posted here last!

Looks like we didn't have the huge wait we anticipated for the next episode! I thought they were going to do something really crappy like keep us waiting while they got caught up by a few episodes in the US. I was not expecting to have a new episode a week later!

It was a really good episode, nice to see the team pulling together. I liked the way Maddy did a run down on Grissom's team when she came around to order Grissom to the court house, he really has collected a bunch of 'misfits' - though it goes to show Grissom will fight for his team and knows they're all more than capable of doing their job. I'm sure if they weren't he would have gotten rid of them a long time ago.

The bit with Hodges & Nick in the corridor was cute - though I can't say I'd be as calm if Mr. Stokes sneezed all over me! No matter how cute he is when he's ill.

Anyone got any ideas on who this leak is? I definitely don't think we've seen the end of it - I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with Warrick's storyline - it's been used in a lot of promo's on Five reccently - a sign of what's to come?

Overall really good episode, I didn't see the ending coming at all, a first for me in a while I must admit! Plus it was a good insight into Grissom, and I must say he's got a great apartment! I wonder where in Vegas its supposed to be?

4. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

I am very excited there is now a UK thread in here, the reason I left in the first place was beacuse I couldn't control myself reading the spoilers of what had already happened in the US but now i have somewhere to chat with others who are also a few ep's behind!

Question (Sorry if its already been asked) Where has Sofia gone? :confused::confused:

5. aconnell

aconnell Dead on Arrival

I see we are having another CSI break. That's because the next CSI episode is broadcasting in America on April 24. Next Tuesday is April 22. So, they obviously don't have any new episodes to show.

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, according to channel 5 they will be showing Lady Heather Box in it's place.

I enjoyed tonight's episode. IMO I thought it was better than the last few episodes. That dude scared the crap out of me at the end. :lol: You know, I thought he was going to shot himself in front of Cath. :eek:

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I enjoyed the episode. It was sad, and I wasn't expecting the outcome to be that the death was accidental.

The guy at the end, I wonder if we will see him again? It was very creepy, he was very creepy, and I could totally imagine him following through on his threat to come to Catherine's house. :eek: In fairness, not that anyone deserves to be subjected to that kind of behaviour, I did feel slight sympathy (although maybe sympathy is too strong a word) for the guy. Catherine was a bitch to him, and his life had been ruined. Then again, he obviously had some serious issues.

8. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I see that we are going to be treated to that classic, all time great episode Lady Heather's Box.
    Did I miss something extraordinairy in that episode? :confused: I've been watching CSI pretty much from the beginning of season 1 and have to say although it was good, I wouldn't think of it as a stand out one.

That guy was seriously creepy at the end. I doubt that's the last we'll be seeing of Mr Pick-a-name-that-everyone-will-take-notice-of-as-my-alias. :rolleyes:

9. lunalupi

lunalupi Victim

*lalalalala* I'm not reading anything about what's happened in the latest episode as I only just got hold of it and haven't seen it yet (our TV signal is pathetic and snowy, so for important programs I get them from other sources ;) )

Sounds like it was a good one though :D

10. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

As the parent of a little girl about the same age as the one in this episode, I cried all the way through, especially when her father saw her on TV. I can understand why he had such a violent reaction, knowing he might have helped her if he hadn't got himself stuck in jail.

I can - almost - understand why the little girl's stepfather tried to cover up how she died, but he took it too far and now he's going to be in a lot more trouble. I can see why he falsely confessed, too - he must have felt guilty for falling asleep and not keeping a close eye on the kids. Yes, the other two kids were older, but it shouldn't be their responsibility to look after a small child.

As for the guy at the end, I think it's a grey area - after all, Catherine really was "just doing her job", but it's led to a lot of trouble for him. I can see why he reacted the way he did - he was only on the register for one silly mistake he made years ago, but at the same time he wasn't exactly honest, and hampered the investigation by lying about where he put the box. He just got trapped in a web of his own lies.

Oh, and that 'comedian' at the beginning was sick!

11. csiMadness

csiMadness Dead on Arrival

That guy Dean James or Leo Finley (how you name it) at the end was kinda scary. :scream: *btw* I actually realized even with the US, when they get a new episode on Thursday, we have it on Tuesday the following week. *I watch CSI online, never noticed it*

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Does anyone know when they will be showing the next new episode of CSI?
    Also, does anyone know how many more eps of CSI there are this season?

13. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I'd imagine we'll be getting them as we have the last couple; the Tuesday after they've aired in the US the previous Thursday. I'm sure I've read on here somewhere that there will be 17 episodes in total. :)

14. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

As much as the content in this weeks episode was a little heavy for me - I was pleased to see CSI going back to 'darker' themes. For me it's been a little light for me lately and like all three CSI franchises I think they work best when they deal with dark and gritty storylines.

Like previous comments, I definitely didn't see the ending coming as accidental death and I did have a strong sympathy for the family, and in a strange way I did for Dean James.

Catherine was determined to get her answers and did show little respect for what it could do to this man if it did turn out he had nothing to do with it. Something Grissom pressed with her and she ignored. But then I can see things from Catherine's point of view, in her strong will to see the case solved it meant doing everything and anything, regardless of the consequences if it meant finding this child's killer.

Despite siding with Catherine's actions I do feel sorry for Dean James, but it was his own foolish actions (taking drugs) which led him to these turn of events - I certainly don't think it's the last we've seen of him. It's certainly an interesting subject for debate.

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

The ending was very very good.

I think we might see that creepy man again- I seriously thought that he was gonna do harm to Catherine.

I was really upset that we have to wait a while, but then I realised that CSI is shown on a tuesday here and a thursday in the states, and it has now just been seen lol.

The episode on the whole was ok, creepy but good.

Did any one notice the weird camera angels or was that only me?? The way that it had paned out when Brass was giving the press conference. For one moment i thought i was watching a film.

I felt sorry as well for what happened to the little girl.

Of course we're led to belive that it was a crime of child neglect and abuse...

Why cause we've seen it time and time again in real life...

It is good that CSI managed to tackle this subject- but from a different angel.

Anyone that is on the child sex register- people would want them in jail... However this episode has shown that sometimes, in the case of Dean James, he isnt a child sex attacker.

Interesting storyline.