CSI:NY to go on hiatus in February

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, kind of my thoughts on it, too. I think the show was lucky to get an eighth season. This hiatus seems to be an answer to how to stretch out the 18 episodes over the whole schedule (Sept. through May). it's still going to suck for the show to be off the air for 6 weeks though!

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Just hope for a closure type ending.

3. RandomTVFan30

RandomTVFan30 Civilian

I am also kind of bummed with whats going on. Never cared for Undercover Boss and never watched gifted man. But 18 episodes kind of makes me worried. Thinking about Numb3rs and how that went down.

4. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

This is terrible news. :( And only 18 episodes. So not fair. Arg.

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

They tried this trick with CSILV--running an "intellectual" cop show, i.e. The Mentalist after a more action-oriented show. Didn't work then.

I was pretty convinced the show would be cancelled last year. So an 18-ep finale is just fine with me.

6. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

IMO, I truly believe this is CSI's NY last season..especially since they are only doing 18 episodes instead of the usual 23 episodes. When they start to reduce the number of episodes and move it to bad time slots..it is usually not a good sign.
    I will say this though...when Cold Case wrapped up its 7th season, I was hoping against hope it'd be back..even though I knew it was a long shot.
    Sadly, it didn't happen. I would have gladly seen it come back for an 8th season even if it had meant 18 episodes.
    Like Bill said..I'd rather have 18 episodes of CSI NY than none at all.

7. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

I think the writers didn't think they were going to be picked up either for S8 as if they knew they would have been picked up they proably would have sent more episodes in as it was a just see to show they still have ideas etc.

8. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Not quite. CBS orders the episodes and then the writers write them.
    Bubble update: CSI:NY has been placed in the "Likely To Be Cancelled" category. Now, I'm hoping that that's simply because there hasn't been a new episode for a few weeks. We'll have to wait and see if it changes after tomorrow night. I will try to update again on sunday.
    For more Bubble information, go here.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Well apparently it (and all three CSIs) are in the 'on the bubble' category now, which quite frankly, considering all the shows listed along with it, is much better than I'd hoped. Bare in mind too, it was on the 'likely to be canceled' list most of last season as well before it got a last minute renewal. So we'll see. My opinion is that it could honestly go either way depending on its post-hiatus performance. Those are going to be the eps that matter.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

All 3 shows on the bubble? That sucks. :(

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Wow.. I thought the CSI: LV got a renewal for a few more years.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Ah hell, I was looking at the list from a couple weeks ago.

Proper update:

CSI: NY (along with the likes of Body of Proof, Whitney, and Unforgettable,) are in the 'likely cancellation' list.

CSI and Miami join Blue Bloods, Bones, Parks&Rec, and Person of Interest in the 'likely renewal' list.

BAH HUMBUG!!!! :scream: *How* does Horatio remain immune?!

my apologies guys :(

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Well, there had been some rumblings that Miami would get 2 more years, when repeats started airing on AMC. ;)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ausiello's Score Card shows Miami and NY as 'could go either way' and Blood Bloods as a 'safe bet.'

These are just predictions, though.

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yeah I'd heard that too... That's probably the only reason 'Miami' is getting renewed. *sigh* I'm not ready to say goodbye to Mac just yet :(