CSI:NY to go on hiatus in February

Another reason Miami is likely to be renewed might be because it's done better in the Sunday timeslot (where its delayed and preempted by sports and other things) than any other show CBS has tried in that timeslot.

None of us are prepared to see Mac leave just yet. Especially since (IMO) it and CSI Las Vegas have gotten much better in the past couple of seasons while CSI Miami jumped the shark long ago and has yet to land.
Having said that,it looks very much like this will be CSI NY's last season. You don't reduce the number of episodes for a show, put it on a hiatus and put it in a bad time slot if you intend to bring it back.
Despite all that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB still see it has enough left in the tank for one more season at least.

Another reason Miami is likely to be renewed might be because it's done better in the Sunday timeslot (where its delayed and preempted by sports and other things) than any other show CBS has tried in that timeslot.
Indeed it has. Cold Case(I still miss that show) got slaughtered in that time slot in it's final year.

Yeah I'd heard that too... That's probably the only reason 'Miami' is getting renewed. *sigh* I'm not ready to say goodbye to Mac just yet :(

To be honest, I'm not ready to say goodbye to all 3 shows period.

And football is officially over with Sunday night's Superbowl, so no more late starts, hopefully (keep fingers crossed!). :)

I wanted to share a link to the thread about trying to save CSI: NY. I hope we can make a difference. Any help would be great. I was part of something similar last year to save the girls on Criminal Minds. They did let the girls go, but the fight we put in brought them back and now we have the whole team together again. Maybe if we can do that here it would make a difference. Please check it out. http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=64360

CSI and Miami join Blue Bloods, Bones, Parks&Rec, and Person of Interest in the 'likely renewal' list.

BAH HUMBUG!!!! :scream: *How* does Horatio remain immune?!

my apologies guys :(

Well, there had been some rumblings that Miami would get 2 more years, when repeats started airing on AMC. ;)
Yeah I'd heard that too... That's probably the only reason 'Miami' is getting renewed. *sigh* I'm not ready to say goodbye to Mac just yet :(
me neither :(

None of us are prepared to see Mac leave just yet. Especially since (IMO) it and CSI Las Vegas have gotten much better in the past couple of seasons while CSI Miami jumped the shark long ago and has yet to land.
Having said that,it looks very much like this will be CSI NY's last season. You don't reduce the number of episodes for a show, put it on a hiatus and put it in a bad time slot if you intend to bring it back.
Despite all that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB still see it has enough left in the tank for one more season at least.
but what about the fact that it's consistently winning the hour week after week, even with a small ratings dip? does that mean nothing?

but what about the fact that it's consistently winning the hour week after week, even with a small ratings dip? does that mean nothing?

I know the ratings have been good but when it goes to money wise, I don't think it matters.

I know the ratings have been good but when it goes to money wise, I don't think it matters.

Sadly it doesn't. The ratings aren't high enough to make a difference to the bean counters.

Back