CSI:NY to go on hiatus in February

PerfectAnomaly

Resident Smart Ass
From TVLine.com:

CBS is tinkering with its midseason schedule, moving Friday night drama A Gifted Man back an hour to make room for the return of Undercover Boss and benching CSI: NY for the six weeks this winter.
Additionally, The Amazing Race kicks off its 20th cycle on Sunday, Feb. 19.

The first three episodes of Undercover Boss‘ new season will air Sundays at 8 p.m. beginning Jan. 15, before relocating to Fridays at 8 p.m. on Feb. 17. That’ll bump Gifted Man to 9 p.m., where it’ll replace hiatus-bound CSI: NY.

But don’t have a Mac attack, NY lovers: Gary Sinise and Co. will reclaim their Friday timeslot on March 30 after Gifted Man completes its freshman run.

Here’s a closer look at how the revised sked looks:
Friday, Effective Feb. 17
8-9: Undercover Boss (Time Period Premiere)
9-10: A Gifted Man (Time Period Premiere)
10-11: Blue Bloods
Sunday, Effective Feb. 19
7-8: 60 Minutes
8-9: The Amazing Race
9-10: The Good Wife
10-11: CSI: Miami
Friday, Effective March 30
8-9: Undercover Boss
9-10: CSI: NY

Obviously with NY only getting 18 episodes this season there'd have to be a hiatus, but it still sucks. :(

There might be one or two, yeah. I believe one or two will air in January, and Episode 12 will air in February. It'll probably go on hiatus after that.

The show comes back January 6th with 8.10 "Clean Sweep". According to the Futon Critic site (which could change), 8.11 will air 1/13, and 8.12 and 8.13 will air in February before the hiatus - then 8.14 will air March 30th. As of right now, it looks like this (as I said, this could change):

January
06 - new episode 8.10
13 - new episode 8.11

20 - repeat
27 - repeat​
February
03 - new episode 8.12
10 - new episode 8.13
17 - A Gifted Man takes over timeslot
24 - A Gifted Man​
March
02 - A Gifted Man
09 - A Gifted Man
16 - A Gifted Man
23 - A Gifted Man
30 - new episode 8.14

Do you think this may be a bad sign for the show's future? I hope not, but can't help but worry.

I think almost getting cancelled and only getting an order for 18 episodes after last season was a bad sign for the show's future. This is why they are going on hiatus, so their season won't end earlier than the other shows' seasons. I honestly will be surprised if they get a S9.

:( I don't like this at all. Even though it's not a surprise if this is indeed the last season, it still really sucks. It doesn't look good.

CSI NY is still a decent performer on Friday night. A Gifted Man has been doing very poorly and most likely won't return unless it has an amazing run in NY's timeslot. I think they can squeeze one more season of NY. It's probably still a 50/50 chance.

I hope Undercover Boss and The Gifted Man bomb on Fridays. CSI: NY performs very well for a Friday night show and I hope the network gets to see that. I am very bummed this is happening, but I understand that CBS is knew for making mistakes. (ie: letting the girls for Criminal Minds go and having to bring them back.)

Do you think this may be a bad sign for the show's future? I hope not, but can't help but worry.

I think almost getting cancelled and only getting an order for 18 episodes after last season was a bad sign for the show's future. This is why they are going on hiatus, so their season won't end earlier than the other shows' seasons. I honestly will be surprised if they get a S9.
I agree. I feel like this is the show's final season. It is sad but I have resounded myself to the fact that I won't get my Gary fix for much longer.

I was slightly depressed when I read about this. It's hard enough getting off school 3 days before Christmas, but having to wait 6 weeks for a new episode is really annoying. :(

I hope Undercover Boss and The Gifted Man bomb on Fridays. CSI: NY performs very well for a Friday night show and I hope the network gets to see that. I am very bummed this is happening, but I understand that CBS is knew for making mistakes. (ie: letting the girls for Criminal Minds go and having to bring them back.)

Well I certainly won't be watching either one. I'll be watching Fringe (which I always do).

I haven't even watched one episode of The Gifted Man (not interested in the slightest).

I haven't even watched one episode of The Gifted Man (not interested in the slightest).

I tried once... that didn't last more than ten minutes lol. I couldn't get interested in it lol.

I don't like Undercover Boss, but then again I don't care for most reality shows.

Back